PDA

View Full Version : Russian ICMB launch video

Jerk
9/9/2006, 08:31 AM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROhDhG7APs)

I'm glad it's carrying a sattelite and not a nuke.

49r
9/9/2006, 01:08 PM
What's an ICMB?

InterContinental Mallistic Bissle?

Jerk
9/9/2006, 01:11 PM
What's an ICMB?

LOL!

(oops)

Ike
9/9/2006, 10:37 PM
What's an ICMB?

Intercontinental Michael Bolton.

nanimonai
9/9/2006, 10:48 PM

There's no defense against a weapon like that.

StoopTroup
9/9/2006, 11:05 PM
That missle looks a little squirrelly to me.

Frozen Sooner
9/9/2006, 11:25 PM
Such a weapon would make war impossible. Nobody would be insane enough to use it.

Jerk
9/10/2006, 08:49 AM
OK Froz, I have to admit, that was funny.

King Crimson
9/10/2006, 08:58 AM
Such a weapon would make war impossible. Nobody would be insane enough to use it.

untrue. soccer moms would use it....if daytime TV were to be replaced by the Ryder Cup or need and lack of shapeless "workout" clothing.

Jerk
9/10/2006, 09:08 AM
Back to the video - do you think the driver of the vehicle needs a CDL with a Hazmat endorsement?

Okla-homey
9/10/2006, 09:14 AM
Back to the video - do you think the driver of the vehicle needs a CDL with a Hazmat endorsement?

I bet the launch vehicle is not re-usable. I wonder how they get Ivan to sit in the cab and get roasted by the launch?

BTW, When nukes are being transported by surface over here (which is pretty rare anymore), you'd never know it generally. No placards, unmarked trailers and they don't stop at state inspection stations. They also have suburbans at discrete distances leading, following and running interference... with guys inside them who know how to handle problems.

just saying.

Jerk
9/10/2006, 09:47 AM
I bet the launch vehicle is not re-usable. I wonder how they get Ivan to sit in the cab and get roasted by the launch?

BTW, When nukes are being transported by surface over here (which is pretty rare anymore), you'd never know it generally. No placards, unmarked trailers and they don't stop at state inspection stations. They also have suburbans at discrete distances leading, following and running interference... with guys inside them who know how to handle problems.

just saying.

Homey, was the sound of that rocket motor not eerie? The sound of the world ending. I told my wife that we'd have about 30 minutes to live if it was tipped with a nuke headed for TAFB. I remember growing up during the Cold War knowing that the world could end at any moment. But, I miss those days. At least the commies had a good sense of self-preservation. Our enemies today do not. Things were simple back then. Today, it's just a big clusterf***

Jerk
9/10/2006, 09:53 AM
I'm also starting to think that Chevy Chase and Dan Akriod would have to be a little further away from the Topol in order to survive launch.

49r
9/10/2006, 07:27 PM
I noticed it was carrying the satellite "Eros-A"

Awwwww-Yeah! Ruskie pr0n will conquer the world!