PDA

View Full Version : the dreaded wedding curse of the fall...

fadada1
9/9/2006, 07:32 AM
got a wedding to go to today. 4pm kickoff. tolf the GF that "i only need 14 days this year." needless to say, i've had to eliminate one of my days.

fortunately, i'd have to find a bar with the sat. feed for our game. BUT, it's at the same time as the PSU/nd game. and nobody enjoys hating nd more than i. BUT, if i didn't have to do this silly wedding, i'd join the newly formed Central Pennsylvania SOONERS Club for the game. DAMMIT!!!!

why do people schedule weddings for the fall???

TripleOption14
9/9/2006, 08:00 AM
The real problem is the men who allow these weddings to take place in the fall!!! Are the guys tards?!?! Myself and all of my friends have already laided down the law w/ weddings for themselves and those of their girlfriends friends! I'm not having a fall wedding and i'm not going to any fall wedding period! There are 3 other seasons to choose from which means thats nine other months for weddings and all your asking for is three months. That is more than enough room to fit a wedding in. :D

sooner518
9/9/2006, 08:09 AM
at least they could choose an OU Bye week.

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 08:14 AM
Yeap, I have already seen the fall of one engaged party, and luckily that frees up the Texas tech game for me so I'll be in my seats like always.

If you were smart you would have gotten they guy a hooker last night for his bachelor party, and taken photographic evidence. You would have had those vows postoponed till March Madness easy.

jrsooner
9/9/2006, 08:42 AM
Oh CRAP!!! I was going to make a sarcastic comment about this, then I realized I'm going to miss the OU/Oregon kickoff, because my sons have belt tests next weekend! One's going for his Black Belt (11am) and the other for his Yellow Belt (1:30pm). Now I have to get to work on my wife to see if I can get her to go to the latter testing!

At least I can DVR the game.

auto
9/9/2006, 08:53 AM
I have rules, and I live by them

1 No Weddings during football/hunting season
2 No Weddings during holiday weekends, i.e. 4th of July, Memorial Day

My cousin wondered why only 4 family members showed up to his daughters wedding, it was on OU- Tboones Kids. FIxed it for ya!

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 09:08 AM
I have rules, and I live by them

1 No Weddings during football/hunting season
2 No Weddings during holiday weekends, i.e. 4th of July, Memorial Day

My cousin wondered why only 4 family members showed up to his daughters wedding, it was on ******.

You used a bad bad word, thats bad juju..... Turn around 5 times a spit.

The Maestro
9/9/2006, 09:21 AM
Dude, she's JUST a girlfriend! Don't go...and surely don't admit to being controlled by your girlfriend on a football message board! Even married guys like me are laughing.

Sooner_Bob
9/9/2006, 09:25 AM
Well my daughter's birthday was last Tuesday and her party is this afternoon from 2-4 . . . so there.

:D

fadada1
9/9/2006, 09:44 AM
Dude, she's JUST a girlfriend! Don't go...and surely don't admit to being controlled by your girlfriend on a football message board! Even married guys like me are laughing.
fortunately/unfortunately, this one might be the real deal. not that i'm controlled by her, but i'm a good guy and all. i took her to her first big-time college football game last year (PSU/wisc). poor girl went to temple. trying to plan an OU trip for next season. she's definitely a sports fan, so i can deal with an occasional setback in planning.

the guys going today have already planned on finding a TV shortly after the "i do's".

Miko
9/9/2006, 10:21 AM
at least they could choose an OU Bye week.

Bad idea too. Get married on an open date in the season and your anniversary is guaranteed to fall on a big game, late kick off, national implications, your buddy has an extra ticket on the 50 yd line, and usually on an aniversary ending in a 5 or a 0!!:eek:

Go for the June bride thing! :D

auto
9/9/2006, 10:48 AM
the guys going today have already planned on finding a TV shortly after the "i do's".

^^^^^
those are womens accessories, "guys" are watching football, boobies, and drinking:pop: :D Just say no to weddings during football/hunting season

Earickson
9/9/2006, 10:52 AM
nppe, sorry, she owns you now.

You said you wanted 14 days, and then she said, "no you only get 13", next thing you know she'll say you only get 12, etc, etc.

This is how it starts, I hope you're happy with yourself.

Spartan(Sooner at Heart)
9/9/2006, 11:58 AM
Establish the precedent now. If she might be the one, she needs to get used to the fact that 14 saturdays a year are off limits for stuff like this. As soon as you start making exceptions it becomes the norm. Trust me on this one. I'll be at a wedding (wife's cousin) Oct. 7th this year. Again, learn from my stupidity. Once you compromise your Sooner priorities you'll never get them back!

auto
9/9/2006, 12:03 PM
Establish the precedent now. If she might be the one, she needs to get used to the fact that 14 saturdays a year are off limits for stuff like this. As soon as you start making exceptions it becomes the norm. Trust me on this one. I'll be at a wedding (wife's cousin) Oct. 7th this year. Again, learn from my stupidity. Once you compromise your Sooner priorities you'll never get them back!

That brings a tear to my eye. There is always divorce:D

fadada1
9/9/2006, 12:08 PM
it sounds like i should expect the four horsemen sometime around... say... tomorrow.

The Maestro
9/9/2006, 12:12 PM
nppe, sorry, she owns you now.

You said you wanted 14 days, and then she said, "no you only get 13", next thing you know she'll say you only get 12, etc, etc.

This is how it starts, I hope you're happy with yourself.

Boy, this is SO true! I have made many mistakes with the Mrs., but the one thing she knows is Saturday's in the Fall are MINE, regardless of what she has planned, wants, etc. My only issue now is my son and football. His required parent team meeting? Today at 12:30, which is 2:30 central time!!! Give me the info, where's practice, when, etc. and we are O-U-T! Thank God for the Cox DVR!

And, yes, I could make my wife go to the meeting, but this is football and this is my son. Momma can take him to guitar lessons...football is my job.

SoonerBorn68
9/9/2006, 12:28 PM
Teach 'em early. Girlfriends turn into wives & if you haven't set the Fall rules, you'll be on a short leash at the mall on Saturday afternoons watching the game from the TV dept. at Sears.

After 11 years my wife has conceded the fact that Saturdays are controlled by game times & off weeks.

Friends don't let friends schedule weddings on Fall Saturdays. ;)

fadada1
9/9/2006, 01:29 PM
i'm off to the wedding. oh great SF.com entity of knowledge and soonerdom, give me strength.

r5TPsooner
9/9/2006, 01:39 PM
This is why that I insisted on a July wedding. Sure it was 104 degrees that day in Edmond but I never missed an OU game.

Geekboy
9/9/2006, 01:52 PM
Everyone of my friends and family members know not to ask me to do anything on Saturdays during college football.

KC//CRIMSON
9/9/2006, 02:11 PM
Your missing an OU game for a girlfriend? Screw that noise.

Dude, there are plenty of other women out there. Now, if you had said "wife" well then your just plain f*****.