PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Fans

Mjcpr
9/9/2006, 07:25 AM
Anyone else a little disappointed that Carpenter (first round pick) will not only not start on Sunday but will be inactive? I think it's fair to expect your first round choice to contribute somewhere from day 1.

I'm not ready to sound the panic alarm just yet, I'm willing to give him some time, but I'm thinking it might look like we could've used the pick on a bigger need.......like OL.

r5TPsooner
9/9/2006, 09:13 AM
It is disappointing but the Dallas D is pretty stout w/o him.

I just hope TO shows up and puts his money where his *** is.

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2006, 10:40 AM
yeah i wasnt surprised he wasnt starting, but damn, not even dressing out for the game

i think its because they've moved him to the inside, the greg ellis project seems to be working ( i think we're going to love him in that position this year)..

i dont know who we would have taken at that spot if not Carpenter???

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2006, 10:41 AM
pat - you need to rename this the "official dallas cowboys thread", so we'll have one place to come during the season

Mjcpr
9/9/2006, 04:06 PM
The old double click the thread title trick isn't working.

Wasn't Davin available........or a trade down maybe? I don't know, I wasn't unhappy with the pick at the time but we could use some OL help for now and in the future.

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2006, 04:13 PM
Some Dallas Cowboys radio show has started up down here. It sucks....not because I hate the Cowboys.......I can handle any sports talk that is entertaining. But because the guys are boring has heck. Only a hardcore Cowboys fan could even stay awake through this show.

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2006, 04:13 PM
is the host don harris?

god i cant stand that guy

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2006, 04:15 PM
is the host don harris?

god i cant stand that guy
no......its actual insiders from Dallas. I'm sure the show is being imported to fill a slot that was vacated by another show.

jk the sooner fan
9/9/2006, 04:17 PM
whats the old guy's name on WOAI - bearded guy, charlie something or other

never understood how he's made a career in radio.....

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2006, 04:19 PM
whats the old guy's name on WOAI - bearded guy, charlie something or other

never understood how he's made a career in radio.....
Charlie Parker?

I'm cool with him.

I guess I don't expect to agree with people as much as other people do. I don't mind him or Don Harris that much.

DeWare94
9/9/2006, 05:22 PM
i'm not surprised he's not starting, he hasn't really shown anything in preseason and oliver hoyte has been impressive on special teams

Mjcpr
9/9/2006, 06:38 PM
i'm not surprised he's not starting, he hasn't really shown anything in preseason and oliver hoyte has been impressive on special teams

Yes, that's the disappointing part.

Boarder
9/9/2006, 11:07 PM
I thought it was a crap pick on draft day. Apparantly I wasn't wrong. This team is heading for an implosion of massive proportions.

DeWare94
9/9/2006, 11:57 PM
i wanted manny lawson davin joseph or for wimbley to fall to us but it didn't happen i have a feeling parcells only drafted him because his dad played for him

Boarder
9/10/2006, 09:44 PM
Last year: I would have been extremely mad that they choked. Again.

This year: I enjoyed myself seeing them implode. I was disappointed that satan caught a td, but the fact they had a lead and blew it made me happy. I give it 3 more weeks until total chaos.

Mjcpr
9/11/2006, 08:36 AM
Last year: I would have been extremely mad that they choked. Again.

This year: I enjoyed myself seeing them implode. I was disappointed that satan caught a td, but the fact they had a lead and blew it made me happy. I give it 3 more weeks until total chaos.

Maybe you and sas could start your own thread....this one is for Cowboys fans, not former Cowboys fans or even people who have never been Cowboys fans.

:D

Bledsoe sucked. And the defense didn't play as well as I expected either. But....you don't go undefeated in the NFL so hopefully they'll bounc back next week against Washington.

sanantoniosooner
9/11/2006, 08:38 AM
KMA you hairy testicle.

BeetDigger
9/11/2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe you and sas could start your own thread....this one is for Cowboys fans, not former Cowboys fans or even people who have never been Cowboys fans.

:D

Bledsoe sucked. And the defense didn't play as well as I expected either. But....you don't go undefeated in the NFL so hopefully they'll bounc back next week against Washington.

I don't hate the Cowboys, but I am not a fan of them (although of the NFC teams, I am as happy with them winning as any of them). Can I still post in here?

Boarder
9/11/2006, 03:11 PM
I don't see how anyone can remain a Cowboys fan with him there.

BeetDigger
9/11/2006, 03:15 PM
I thought it was a crap pick on draft day. Apparantly I wasn't wrong. This team is heading for an implosion of massive proportions.

You really think that? Even if TO does his usual stuff, I am not sure that causes the team to blow up. And not being active in game one does not make Carpenter a bust. The Cowboys haven't been the best drafting team in the past 6-7 years, but they haven't been the worst either.

They have what looks to be a very good defense, a couple of solid running backs and receivers that are (at least) above average (and I think quite a bit above average). The OL is questionable at the moment and the kicking game never seems to get worked out. To me, they seem like a team that could do very well if a couple of things fall into place for them. I think that at worst they win 8 games but more likely 10. To me, that is not an implosion.

Mjcpr
9/11/2006, 03:19 PM
I don't hate the Cowboys, but I am not a fan of them (although of the NFC teams, I am as happy with them winning as any of them). Can I still post in here?
Pffffff......tough call. I'll say yes, but there will be a probationary period.

Which team are you a fan of?

jk the sooner fan
9/11/2006, 03:22 PM
we need the real fans in here, we already have the naysayers in the rangers thread.....

my vote is no

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/11/2006, 03:24 PM
i was disappointed that TGRW got juked out of his jock by fred taylor on the goal line. other than that i was apathetic to the game.

GrapevineSooner
9/11/2006, 03:33 PM
I think somebody said it best when they opined that TGRW is a great hitter with average fundamentals.

Mjcpr
9/11/2006, 03:35 PM
I don't see how anyone can remain a Cowboys fan with him there.

There have been lots of a-holes over the years that played for my favorite teams but I didn't suddenly stop liking them because of it. I didn't stop liking the Bulls when they signed Rodamn, I didn't stop liking Dallas when they signed Deion and I didn't stop being a Sooner fan when they had Bosworth.

BeetDigger
9/11/2006, 06:43 PM
we need the real fans in here, we already have the naysayers in the rangers thread.....

my vote is no

So, no critical analysis. All that is wanted is feel good thoughts. Now I know why Dallasites hate 103.3 and love 104.1. 104.1 prediction: Cowboys 13-3. 103.3 prediction: Cowboys 10-6. :D

jk the sooner fan
9/11/2006, 06:53 PM
So, no critical analysis. All that is wanted is feel good thoughts. Now I know why Dallasites hate 103.3 and love 104.1. 104.1 prediction: Cowboys 13-3. 103.3 prediction: Cowboys 10-6. :D

do like you do with the rangers, talk about it amongst your friends at work

seriously, this is a circle jerk for cowboy FANS....we can get critical analysis off other sites on the internet

and as for TO being Satan - you know, pro football is a business, you cant compare it to college ball - there have been ALOT of ne'er do wells on the cowboy rosters over the years.....i ignore it and look for the tick marks under the win column

BeetDigger
9/11/2006, 08:39 PM
do like you do with the rangers, talk about it amongst your friends at work

seriously, this is a circle jerk for cowboy FANS....we can get critical analysis off other sites on the internet

and as for TO being Satan - you know, pro football is a business, you cant compare it to college ball - there have been ALOT of ne'er do wells on the cowboy rosters over the years.....i ignore it and look for the tick marks under the win column

Got you amigo. Hope no one with sand paper hands is to your left or right. And as far as my comments so far, none, NONE, have been negative about the Cowboys. You can direct your comments about Satan, et. al. toward the appropriate parties.

Boarder
9/11/2006, 09:38 PM
You really think that? Even if TO does his usual stuff, I am not sure that causes the team to blow up. And not being active in game one does not make Carpenter a bust. The Cowboys haven't been the best drafting team in the past 6-7 years, but they haven't been the worst either.

Yes, I really believe that. owens can't destroy a team single handed? Let's go talk to San Fran and Philly about that. Once is a fluke. Twice is a trend. I can see where owens has changed though, with his fine training camp circus act. Same old same old.

As for the draft, what have they done well in the draft? One lineman from last year? What else? Maybe Roy, but frankly, without my Sooner glasses on, he's gone down since the first year.

They have what looks to be a very good defense, a couple of solid running backs and receivers that are (at least) above average (and I think quite a bit above average). The OL is questionable at the moment and the kicking game never seems to get worked out. To me, they seem like a team that could do very well if a couple of things fall into place for them. I think that at worst they win 8 games but more likely 10. To me, that is not an implosion.

Yeah, that's the thing...it LOOKS like they have that. It's LOOKED like that for years and every year it's the same old thing. Just getting by. They show no sign of really turning the corner to the team of old and this owens crap was the pee pee icing on the poo poo cake.

I'll freely admit that I'm bitter about the way they treat season ticket holders, too and was getting fed up before that. Last year wanting to charge me $75 for parking for the NFC Championship game (yeah right!) was a fine example.

And, there's no other signing that can compare with owens. Nothing is even close. there are jerks and then there's him. HE DESTROYS EVERY TEAM HE IS ON. Not to mention the star thing. Does anyone have any shame anymore? He hasn't changed a drop. There aren't going to be any marks in the win column. I bet they finish last in the division and I'm dead serious there.

I'm Dallas done. I'll keep all of my memorabilia as a reminder of what they used to be. I still love my framed signed Randy White Jersey.

I'll leave it alone because I hate it when people come in and ruin a happy thread that I have, but I'm very ashamed of all of you for supporting them.

Boarder
9/11/2006, 09:58 PM
Which, by the way, I decided to support a different team this year. Not "buy a ton of stuff, get a tattoo" support, but support nonetheless. Here's how it went:

Pittsburgh: No way, after 30 years you can stop liking someone, but not stop hating them.
Dolphins: Ehh, no. Don't like the coach.
Patriots: i liked the Patriots as a second team back in the day (Early 80's), but now it's too trendy to like them.
Baltimore: Another close one, but even though they have a lot of Sooners, there's something about them I don't like.
Buffalo: ehhh, not much to like.
Houston: Looks like the horns.
Jacksonville: Ehhh, teal and yellow's kind of gross.
Titans: Vince
Kansas City: See Baltimore without the Sooners.
Raiders: Ummm...No.
Giants, Redskins, Philly, San Fran: No way. See Pittsburgh.
Lions: Bleh.
Packers: Gag
Vikings: Perverts
Falcons: Vick overrated
Carolina: No
New Orleans: Disasters aside, i never liked the city or really anything about the team.
Tampa Bay: Chrissy
Rams: Close, but no cigar.
Seahawks: I don't dislike them, but the dark teal is too ugly
Chicago: Lots of Sooners, but has orange in the uniform and logo.
Cleveland: WAAY too much orange
Denver: Like the town and state. They have orange in the uniform, though and I can't root for tater bell.
Cincinnati: I like that team, too. Even having Palmer doesn't bother me. Black and orange = strike three, four, and five.

That leaves the final four:
Jets: I have always kind of liked the Jets, but the fact they're in New Yor kills them for me
Indianapolis: I really like Peyton
San Diego: I really like LT

And the winner:
Arizona Cardinals

What's not to like? Nice colors, new stadium. Fun team. Even though they were in Dallas' division, I never hated them like the other three because they were always sucky. Much like osu pre-Blake. It was like, awww how cute...they won a game.

Now, they're fun to watch. All offense, no defense.

Go Cards!

Mjcpr
9/12/2006, 08:55 AM
As for the draft, what have they done well in the draft? One lineman from last year? What else? Maybe Roy, but frankly, without my Sooner glasses on, he's gone down since the first year.

Like every team, they've been hit or miss.......I wouldn't say they've drafted great and I wouldn't say they've drafted horribly. Some good: Spears, Canty, Ware, James, Ellis, Newman, Williams, Watkins, Witten, Gurode, Jones and Barber are okay.

I'm not liking the Carpenter pick so far, but it's early so he's got time to do something.....I have my doubts about Fasano as well but it's early with him too. They picked an OL in the 2nd round recently and he's out of football. But no huge busts.....it's not bad.

Mjcpr
9/12/2006, 08:57 AM
And as far as my comments so far, none, NONE, have been negative about the Cowboys.

The thread was started questioning their #1 draft choice and stating that he has been a disappointment thus far since he is not only not starting but is inactive for the first game.

BeetDigger
9/12/2006, 09:47 AM
The thread was started questioning their #1 draft choice and stating that he has been a disappointment thus far since he is not only not starting but is inactive for the first game.

I agree. But I didn't say anything negative about him. I'd talk about him and respond to Boarder but I am not allowed to talk about the Cowboys since I am not a part of the circle (which tends to be the story of my life in all aspects of this board).

hurricane'bone
9/12/2006, 10:36 AM
heh. (http://www.deadspin.com/sports/espn/now-now-were-sure-irvin-has-close-to-the-right-number-of-chromosomes-200015.php)

GrapevineSooner
9/13/2006, 11:18 AM
So will Tom Jackson be forced off of whateverESPNiscallingtheirpregameshownow like Limbaugh was?

Because in my mind, what TJ said is worse.

BTW, I don't honestly think he should get fired. Just testing people's double standards.

r5TPsooner
9/14/2006, 04:40 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Owens but I don't hate him either, and as long as he plays for the team with the big star on its helmet, I'll continue to support him and give him the benefit of the doubt cautiously.