PDA

View Full Version : So this girl wants me to....

Octavian
9/9/2006, 12:07 AM
go to the Coldplay/Counting Crows w/ her tomorrow night in Dallas.

These are easily two of my favorite bands and I'd love to go (especially since they're gonna be together)....but not a chance in hell on a gameday.

She got free tix today and she's called and texted me 6 or 7 times now...I was very nice about it...told her I appreciated the offer but no thanks.

She keeps reminding me of how awesome the two bands are and how they're two of my favorites and how "it's like the biggest thing ever!!" and how tickets have been sold out forever and...you get the point.

Again, "thanks but no thanks."

About twenty minutes ago she sent me a text informing me that my "stock has dropped."

I texted her back "Boomer Sooner" and haven't heard back from her yet. :D

Some people just don't get it.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2006, 12:09 AM
I freaking love Coldplay. My ex g/f was going to get me tix when they came to OKC, but apparently that offer expired with our relationship.

StoopTroup
9/9/2006, 12:09 AM
Girls need to realize their place....

At the tailgate with their man. :D

Octavian
9/9/2006, 12:12 AM
I freaking love Coldplay. My ex g/f was going to get me tix when they came to OKC, but apparently that offer expired with our relationship.

yeah, I think that's a chick rule ;)

Octavian
9/9/2006, 12:13 AM
Girls need to realize their place....

At the tailgate with their man. :D

see...everyone here gets it...why can't more people be enlightened like us? :texan:

StoopTroup
9/9/2006, 12:15 AM
No idea.

I would have planned my Kidney Stones for the off-season if it was possible.

Octavian
9/9/2006, 12:17 AM
oh, and Sic...Coldplay is great live.

Although there one of my fav's I didn't expect much from them in person. They were very good.

yermom
9/9/2006, 12:43 AM
with the new clock rules you could probably make both

and i might miss a game for Zeppelin, that's about it

Pearl Jam would be tough to miss, but i'd do it (i've at least seen them once)

Octavian
9/9/2006, 12:47 AM
I thought about that but I wanna see the "other" game tomorrow night too, but I didn't even try and explain that...

I really dislike the new clock rules btw.

Octavian
9/9/2006, 12:49 AM
...and you've gotta catch PJ again sometime. I wish they'd swing through middle America and really thought they would but alas...

the new concert posters came out today and they're hitting the east coast soon...

another train adventure maybe?

SoonerBorn68
9/9/2006, 01:03 AM
see...everyone here gets it...why can't more people be enlightened like us? :texan:

Heh, my wife should have known what the future would be when we were hot & heavy in a hotel room during the '94 Syracuse game. I had one eye on the game the whole time & even halted everything while Alexander kicked the winning field goal.

...and it's been that way for 11 years. :D

Octavian
9/9/2006, 01:30 AM
Heh, my wife should have known what the future would be when we were hot & heavy in a hotel room during the '94 Syracuse game. I had one eye on the game the whole time & even halted everything while Alexander kicked the winning field goal.

heh...sounds like a good woman :D

And I almost broke my dad's rib by tackling him when Alexander hit that at the same time you were....hitting that.

yermom
9/9/2006, 01:35 AM
...and you've gotta catch PJ again sometime. I wish they'd swing through middle America and really thought they would but alas...

the new concert posters came out today and they're hitting the east coast soon...

another train adventure maybe?

i'm thinking i'm going to try to take some time off and go somewhere to catch a few shows close together

they are really ****ing me off though :mad:

BoogercountySooner
9/9/2006, 05:40 AM

Did she quit doin her nails also?:D