PDA

View Full Version : Attire - double gear, triple gear, or "worse"

OK2LA
9/8/2006, 05:26 PM
When you represent the Sooners on game day - how far do you take your outfit?

Single Dip: Hat OR Shirt - but not both

Double Gear: Hat & Shirt

Triple Gear: Hat, Shirt, & Shorts

Insane Fanatic: Hat, Jersey, Shorts, Socks, & custom Sooners shoes. (with face paint of course)

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 05:27 PM
Double gear, but sometimes I throw in my red slacks for kicks..

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 05:31 PM
How about hat, sunglasses, t-shirt, jersey, jacket, shorts, belt, socks, shoes, watch, and seat cushion? (no arms of course)

StoopTroup
9/8/2006, 05:33 PM
I have OU under-wear....

You figure it Out from there...

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 05:34 PM
I have OU under-wear....

You figure it Out from there...

Thong?;)

BASSooner
9/8/2006, 05:34 PM
I attend the University.

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 05:35 PM
I attend the University.

ditto, that makes us REAL fans.

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 05:36 PM
Everything but face paint. Last time I did that a hooker looked at me like I was nuts.

StoopTroup
9/8/2006, 05:37 PM
Thong?;)
I'm hoping for one at Christmas.

Hopefully it will be a Big XII Champions one. :pop:

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 05:37 PM
I'm a 4th generation graduate. That makes me a super fan.;)

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 05:41 PM
I'm hoping for one at Christmas.

Hopefully it will be a Big XII Champions one. :pop:

If we win the BIG XII I'll buy any one you want....:eek:

Stitch Face
9/8/2006, 05:46 PM
Wearing Sooner gear to an OU game is like wearing a band's shirt to their concert, or a bunch of Harley Davidson apparel while riding a Harley. I always wear a grey and blue soccer jersey that says "Lady Hawks." I don't know who the Lady Hawks are, I just wear it 'cause, you know, I'm cooler than most fans.

Miko
9/8/2006, 05:50 PM
Wearing Sooner gear to an OU game is like wearing a band's shirt to their concert, or a bunch of Harley Davidson apparel while riding a Harley. I always wear a grey and blue soccer jersey that says "Lady Hawks." I don't know who the Lady Hawks are, I just wear it 'cause, you know, I'm cooler than most fans.

Beg to differ. If more fans were like you, the cotton bowl would be half orange :texan: and half blue, grey and cool.:cool:

Miko
9/8/2006, 05:51 PM
btw, blue Lady Hawks? I'm going with Rockhurst College.

sooner94
9/8/2006, 05:52 PM
most I've ever gone is dual- shirt and hat. I wouldn't knock anyone for going triple or more, as long as its to a game.

Don't EVER go to a restaurant, mall or your kids soccer game in triple or more. You may as well pull up in a covered wagon.

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 05:54 PM
most I've ever gone is dual- shirt and hat. I wouldn't knock anyone for going triple or more, as long as its to a game.

Don't EVER go to a restaurant, mall or your kids soccer game in triple or more. You may as well pull up in a covered wagon.

I'm at work in El Paso with shirt, belt, watch and wallet. Since there are fewer of us out here, we all have to be more conspicious.

Stitch Face
9/8/2006, 05:55 PM
btw, blue Lady Hawks? I'm going with Rockhurst College.

Rockhurst, up 'round KC? Yeah, I may have picked it up in some girl's dorm room up there.

P.S. Are you hawt?

OU_PhD
9/8/2006, 06:00 PM
I double up. I have a shirt i've worn to every game i've attended since 2001 and i've never witnessed a loss at home so, out of superstition, I always wear it. I also wear a cap.

Ash
9/8/2006, 06:24 PM
Rockhurst, up 'round KC? Yeah, I may have picked it up in some girl's dorm room up there.

Cuz it fit you or you thought it was cute?

Either way = girlie man.

....or girl....say, are you hawt?

:texan:

BigDeezy
9/8/2006, 06:42 PM
double trouble for me: hat and shirt

Readyfor8
9/8/2006, 06:44 PM
Sometimes a hat, always a shirt, sometimes two shirts, or a sweatshirt all depending on weather.

Ash
9/8/2006, 06:48 PM
Hat and jersey, but it's one of the cheapos. :(

Add Beat saxeT shirt for RRS.

Earickson
9/8/2006, 07:23 PM
I always have at least a single, and at most a double.

You see, on my left arm I have a tattoo that says,

Sooner Born & Sooner Bred

(Sooner Schooner here)

When I die I'll
Be Sooner Dead

Texas Golfer
9/9/2006, 03:41 AM
I always, at least, double gear (hat and shirt). If it's cold or rainy, I quadruple gear (hat, shirt, rain jacket, and rain pants). And I wear this at all of the Baylor home games!

Desert Sapper
9/9/2006, 03:54 AM
I started last Saturday thinking I only needed to single dip: t-shirt. By halftime I had my jersey on. I'm not sure if I triple up this week or not, but I've got the jersey on from kickoff this time. There was wayyyy too much bad mojo in the first half last week. My Sooner Magic hat will probably come on for the Oregon game. If I lived closer than 842.06 miles (13 hours 15 minutes) away, I would go to games and stuff. Instead, I have Gameplan. Woohoo.

Primo
9/9/2006, 06:25 AM

I couldn't disagree with you more. You belong at a UCO game. For me, it's a shirt, hat, belt, socks, and watch. No face paint; too messy.:D

ADs_Agent
9/9/2006, 06:49 AM
I'm a quad dipper. I wear a jersey, hat, OU tshirt under the jersey, and OU socks

jrsooner
9/9/2006, 07:36 AM
Double Gear: Hat & ShirtDouble gear for me... but then I always wear a Sooner cap down here. It's my personal way of rubbing it in to all of the texas' teams fans down here. :)

Since71ASooner4Life
9/9/2006, 07:52 AM

Does someone who has been a fan since long before you were born, and has caught 40+ lb Flatheads count as a REAL fan too?

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 07:59 AM
Does someone who has been a fan since long before you were born, and has caught 40+ lb Flatheads count as a REAL fan too?

Not unless you caught them in the duck pond while paying tuition. ;)

SoonerDood
9/9/2006, 09:50 AM
throwback jersey, '03 windpants. for cold games I do the windjacket and/or sweatshirt.

Stitch Face
9/9/2006, 01:19 PM
Cuz it fit you or you thought it was cute?

Either way = girlie man.

....or girl....say, are you hawt?

:texan:

In my defense, she was a pretty big girl...

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3206/biggirlch1.jpg

Ash
9/9/2006, 09:05 PM
In my defense, she was a pretty big girl...

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3206/biggirlch1.jpg

heh

:D

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2006, 11:09 PM
I have the two main categories consisting of home game/away game attire. Under each main category there are an additional two sub-categories for hot/cold weather. This is for a total of 4 different game-day ensembles.

Away games:
Hot Weather: Typically, I wear my old Baylor Line jersey with the current Gold Rush t-shirt underneath, my usual Baylor hat, and of course khakis/cargos.
Cold Weather: Substitute a Gold Rush t-shirt for either a long sleeved Gold Rush shirt OR if it's especially cold then a Green and/or Gold sweatshirt under the Baylor Line jersey.

Home Games:
Hot Weather: This is easy. Just the current Gold Rush shirt and a pair of cargo shorts or khakis.
Cold Weather: In moderately cool weather, I'll wear a long sleeved green shirt under the Gold Rush t-shirt with a pair of cargo pants or khakis. In extreme temperatures substitute the Gold Rush Shirt entirely for a very thick gold sweatshirt and a Baylor wind jacket on top.

GottaHavePride
9/9/2006, 11:29 PM
Double gear for me. Shirt and hat. Games are almost the only time I wear a hat. And then it's only because I hate getting a sunburned face - makes the trombone-ing difficult.

If it rains or is cold I tend to use my OU windshirt as my outer layer and wear whatever the heck I want underneath it.