PDA

View Full Version : ******

StoopTroup
9/8/2006, 05:18 PM
I thought we had banned the term.

However I found a site today that has disturbed me. :(

My Wife pointed this site out to me and thought it would be cool to take the kids out to this place.

I might agree as long as the Farmer has agreed as we have to ban the term ****** and agrees to never do this again. :(

Anyway...here is the link I am talking about...

****** (http://tulsamaize.com/)

Sorry if this has been posted before...it just caught me off guard when I saw it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What do Soonerfans think?

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 05:33 PM
I wonder how long that took?

Miko
9/8/2006, 05:54 PM
We who banned the term??

I know I am morbidly unhip. (I still use the term "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Pary" too.) But I still use that term.

Guess I never got the memo.

Ash
9/8/2006, 06:28 PM
We who banned the term??

I know I am morbidly unhip. (I still use the term "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Pary" too.) But I still use that term.

ditto, but i figured it was just that i'm a n00b.

Harry Beanbag
9/8/2006, 06:40 PM
They should have carved the all-time series record in there somewhere.

Readyfor8
9/8/2006, 06:40 PM
If you think fOSU deserves a special "Rivalry" name, then i guess you can think its ok, but when a team only wins 16 games against an opponent in the entire history of the event I think it hardly deserves the term "rivalry" let alone a special name.

Keep in mind:

ri‧val  /ˈraɪvəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rahy-vuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, adjective, verb, -valed, -val‧ing or (especially British) -valled, -val‧ling.
–noun
1. a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.
2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.

Show me where fOSU deserves the term rival when it comes to OU?

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 07:18 PM
They beat us 2 years in a row!!!!;) :stunned:

Readyfor8
9/8/2006, 07:38 PM
They beat us 2 years in a row!!!!;) :stunned:

And that bumped them up from 14 to 16 wins in 100 games that doesn't make them a rival.

badger
9/8/2006, 08:58 PM
when boren called them our "sister school," I had to smirk a little.

As a "little sister," I know how degrading the term is--- we're annoying and won't go away. Ironic that he chooses that term to describe the STATE's university.

StoopTroup
9/8/2006, 09:55 PM
We who banned the term??

You may notice that the word B****M is a banned word on this site.

I'm pretty sure the Admins did it.

FAQs (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_censor_explain )

:pop:

Desert Sapper
9/9/2006, 05:55 AM
Why do we care? If it's a good enough gimmick to get us another nationally televised game, does it really matter? And when did we go from calling it 'the osu game' to ******? Was that like in the last 10 years? I surely don't remember us even talking about osu during the Switzer era. Maybe because he only lost once to them.

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 06:53 AM
Why do we care? If it's a good enough gimmick to get us another nationally televised game, does it really matter? And when did we go from calling it 'the osu game' to ******? Was that like in the last 10 years? I surely don't remember us even talking about osu during the Switzer era. Maybe because he only lost once to them.

Why do you post here? Your drivel does nothing but add to your post count and continue my constipation.

First of all its a "regional" game, no one in Florida, New York, or California could give two ****s about our little sister to the north. The "states" school has everything to gain by playing us on regional television, and nothing to lose. If we win, we should have won because they suck. If we lose, we got upset by a nobody.

Recruits, scouts, media: No one cares about this except Okie Lite fans. They should put Tulsa and Okie Light on Thanksgiving, it would be better for little sister in the long run.

Desert Sapper
9/10/2006, 01:04 PM
Why do you post here? Your drivel does nothing but add to your post count and continue my constipation.

First of all its a "regional" game, no one in Florida, New York, or California could give two ****s about our little sister to the north. The "states" school has everything to gain by playing us on regional television, and nothing to lose. If we win, we should have won because they suck. If we lose, we got upset by a nobody.

Recruits, scouts, media: No one cares about this except Okie Lite fans. They should put Tulsa and Okie Light on Thanksgiving, it would be better for little sister in the long run.

:rolleyes: With all this misplaced anger and hatred, I think you might have some issues you need to go work out with either a psychiatrist or a prostitute. Why do you not bother to read posts before you rail on them? Here, I'll post it again. You can actually read it this time (I know it's a difficult task, given that your reading comprehension is apparently somewhere around the third grade level). I'll even explain each sentence to you. Maybe if you read my explanation a little more slowly, you'll understand W H A T I A M S A Y I N G:

Why do we care?

Oh wait, this is EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. Why do we care about pokie state, given they have NEVER even played for a Big XII title, only won ONE Big 8 title after joining the conference as Oklahoma A&M College in 1925, have only beaten us 16 times since we started playing them in 1904 (not to mention that they didn't score a point on us until 1914 and have been shut OUt 30 times in the series history), and were nothing but an afterthought until 1995.

If it's a good enough gimmick to get us another nationally televised game, does it really matter?

It's NATIONALLY TELEVISED on FSN (not just regionally on FSN-SW). Check it out (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/schedule?weekNum=14&stable=I-A). That's good, regardless of who we are playing. Especially since it will allow me to watch it.

And when did we go from calling it 'the osu game' to ******? Was that like in the last 10 years?

I say it because I don't ever remember even hearing anybody calling it '******' before the '90s. I say it because it's been a split series since 1995. Before that we never had to say anything about the pokes. Now I see all this dumba$$ 'hate the pokies' garbage all over the web. I ask again, WHO CARES? Let them hate US. If we hate them, it means we admit that we actually consider them more than nothing.

I surely don't remember us even talking about osu during the Switzer era. Maybe because he only lost once to them.

Switz owned the pokies like nobody has before or since. Just a fact. And the truth about why we didn't give a crap about them. We only lost once when he was on the sidelines -- to include as an assistant ('76 if you remember -- ummm they were OUr first of two straight losses, we were on OUr way to OUr third NC in a row, ringing any bells?).

There is much more to life as a Sooner than hate, especially hate for other Sooner fans. You have my pity. And good luck with that constipation.