PDA

View Full Version : Game tickets for babies?

Veritas
9/8/2006, 04:44 PM
From ESPN.com (I edited it for brevity)

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- When Kansas football fans Owen and Lisa Foust headed to the Jayhawks' season opener last Saturday, they bundled up their daughter to go along.

But when they presented their tickets at the gate, they were told they would need an additional $35 ticket for their child.

Kate Foust is 3 months old.

"I just thought it was pretty tacky," Owen Foust said. "It's just a grab for money."

"This is supposed to be a family-friendly environment," Owen Foust said. "I don't think that policy promotes that [environment] much."

Among Kansas' Big 12 Conference rivals, Fans younger than 2 can get in free to see the Missouri Tigers or Kansas State Wildcats, and those younger than 1 don't need tickets at Iowa State.

But Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas all charge for babies who are brought to games.

"Our stadium is sold out on a season-ticket basis with a long waiting list," said Keith Mann, spokesman at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. "Everyone has to have a ticket."

Ok, I'm not sure why this was on the page of ESPN, but I'm damn thankful that UNL (and OU, it would seem) requires a seperate ticket a baby. Why? So it deters people from bringing their babies! It's tight enough as it is in those seats without having to deal with some lady and her kid that may or may not start screaming.

My SIL was going to take her 8 month old to last weekend's Husker game until she found out about this policy. I thanked her on behalf of the person who would be sitting next to her. She got all huffy.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2006, 04:46 PM
My SIL was going to take her 8 month old to last weekend's Husker game until she found out about this policy. I thanked her on behalf of the person who would be sitting next to her. She got all huffy.

Did you smack her? You know, to show who's boss?

I asked the guy that sits next to us (who I don't know his name refer to him only as "Super Hard High Fivin' guy") how come he doesn't bring his kid and his reply was "Cause I'm not ****ing stupid."

:D

Viking Kitten
9/8/2006, 04:51 PM
Oh my bad. I thought you were proposing a trade of some sort.

Ike
9/8/2006, 04:53 PM
Kids that cannot yet understand that the phrase "Touchdown Oklahoma!" is something to get excited about shouldn't be at football games anyway. They tend to not enjoy the games that much.

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 04:54 PM
Really Veri, babies are too young to apprciate it. I didnt go to my first OU game until I was 4 years old and still after watching the Bud's coaches show I had no idea what was going on.

skycat
9/8/2006, 04:57 PM
Have you ever been to a game in Lawrence?

I can't think of a more serene outdoor location to while away the hours with your young child.

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 05:05 PM
Have you ever been to a game in Lawrence?

I can't think of a more serene outdoor location to while away the hours with your young child.Mangino eats babies.:twinkies:

skycat
9/8/2006, 05:07 PM
Mangino eats babies.:twinkies:

Are you saying BSG is Mangino?

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/8/2006, 05:08 PM
:les: I SAID ALBERTSON'S IS HAVING SALE!!!

9/8/2006, 05:11 PM
If the venue warrants it, admission for a young human is good.

If the venue struggles to be less than 75% full, give the families a break.

BigRedJed
9/8/2006, 05:15 PM
If the venue warrants it, admission for a young human is good.

If the venue struggles to be less than 75% full, give the families a break.
Agreed. At the Fock, I wish they would charge extra for people with waist sizes of over, let's say, 40". The last thing we need is a bunch of extra bodies, car carriers and the like making it even more miserable to sit on bleachers whose seat widths were set in the 1950s.

9/8/2006, 05:17 PM
All the more reason to accept the knowledge of our elders...

Mixer!
9/8/2006, 05:19 PM
Have you ever been to a Boone State game?

I can't think of a more serene outdoor location to while away the hours with your young child. fixed. :D

skycat
9/8/2006, 05:21 PM
Biggun' has already been to a baseball game. A bunch of friends were going to an Astros game and I figured, why not?

The desicion was based on experience at Kauffman Stadium in KC. Minute Maid was nothing like Kauffman. First of all, there were actually people there. Secondly, the PA system was loud as hell. That whole Killer B's buzzing thing succs.

I didn't really get to watch the game too closely, but I didn't really care about a midseason baseball game. I got to hang out with some friends, and they got to see Biggun', so that was cool. But if I had to do it over again, we wouldn't have taken him.

The End

yermom
9/8/2006, 05:42 PM
beats taking them to a movie :mad:

seriously though, space is at enough of a premium that anyone in there should have a ticket

hurricane'bone
9/8/2006, 05:52 PM

HOW MUCH FOR THE LITTLE GIRL!!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, a suite at the Fock for the next 18 years should cover it.

skycat
9/8/2006, 06:29 PM
beats taking them to a movie :mad:

seriously though, space is at enough of a premium that anyone in there should have a ticket

The guy in the cube next to me took off the afternoon of his birthday to go watch a movie. It happened to be a Tuesday, which is important later.

He came back all tee'd off at all the crying babies in the theater, and how the parents acted like it was no big deal.

I asked him where he went, he said "Alamo Draft House."

I said, "Ummm... Tuesday afternoons are take your baby to the movie day at the drafthouse."

He said, "*^*%^*&*&%^%$!!##@%#^%$^@#%#@$!!!!".

The End.

85Sooner
9/8/2006, 07:11 PM
The guy in the cube next to me took off the afternoon of his birthday to go watch a movie. It happened to be a Tuesday, which is important later.

He came back all tee'd off at all the crying babies in the theater, and how the parents acted like it was no big deal.

I asked him where he went, he said "Alamo Draft House."

I said, "Ummm... Tuesday afternoons are take your baby to the movie day at the drafthouse."

He said, "*^*%^*&*&%^%$!!##@%#^%$^@#%#@$!!!!".

The End. hahahahahahhahahahhahahha

TopDaugIn2000
9/8/2006, 08:22 PM

OMG....

YMSS..............