PDA

View Full Version : these guys

Jello Biafra
9/8/2006, 04:43 PM
have it all fingered out....

from the huskie fans message boards..............

The SJSU game is over and the Huskies are 1-0 after almost overlooking the Spartans in the second half. Now is the time to look forward to the Sooners.

Oklahoma is beatable by the Dawgs. Oklahoma's team:10-Sr, 4-Jr, 15-So, 33-Fr, and a senior QB.

* QB Thompson is 6'-4" 210# senior with a 58% passing efficiency in their first game.
* Soph RB Peterson at 6'-2", 210# appears to be their go to guy on the ground and in the air.
* Soph TE Finley at 6'-6" 234# appears to be a load and probably good moves.
* Soph WR Kelly at 6'-4" 204# appears to have great potential too.

At a glance it appears Washington does have a slight weight advantage, but maybe not the quickness. Certainly not the winning reputation as recognized by the sports world media.

I believe the Washington defense can shut down the Oklahoma running game. Passing defense is a huge ????? on the part of the Huskies, and will likely play a major role in the final score.

Hopefully the weather will be a little cooler in Norman on Saturday as Washington will need their starters on the field to remain competitive.

Washington needs to believe they are winners, play smart, with 100% focus from start to finish.
The Huskies must play as if every play of the game is the winning play. Hang on to that football!

Go Huskies Go!

By PawsDawg (71.222.6.18) on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 11:09 am:

The Team roster information for both UofW and Oklahoma was from CNNSI and may not be accurate, but should be somewhere in the ballpark.

Washington listed 20 Seniors, 31 Juniors, 17 Sophmores, and 27 Freshman.

PawsDawg does realize that quality players win games and not the number of players from the respective classes. :>)

By KDOG (kdog) (70.36.112.186) on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 02:50 pm:

Adrian Peterson is one of if not the best running back in College Right now. I doubt we shut down there running game. OK's QB played some receiver last year so he will be like a stanback I imagine, a guy with a descent arm but can run on us. I think UW can keep this game close but I don't see the huskies winning unless we don't turn the ball over at all and OK has like 2 or 3 costly turnovers.

By Hoser (72.24.101.103) on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 03:04 pm:

I did catch some of their game against powerful UAB,
who had a pretty good chance of BEATING them. My
impression was that they ran a lot of screens and sweeps to
the outside, but got stuffed a few times up the
middle. The "D" forced Oklahoma into 2 turnovers.
They pressured Oklahoma's backfield pretty well.
Against the OU defense, UAB did essentially the
same thing offensively, and balanced run and pass
pretty well.

I would have to think Washington has a little more
talent than UAB on both sides of the ball, so going
into Norman and getting bitch slapped is not an excusable
offence, in my humble opinion.

Other 2006 opponents ... the Pac Ten looked a little shakey,
but did win most of their games. Cal was the biggest
disappointment to me, I really thought they would
win in Knoxville. They simply couldn't tackle, couldn't
handle to noise, and couldn't handle the humidity.
USC on the other hand was awesome, and really exposed
the ••••••• SEC for the frauds they are. (as did
Louisville, Michigan and Memphis ... almost. heh heh)

Like USC, UCLA waxed Utah with an untested QB. Oregon
smacked Stanford (no surprise I guess) and the Beavers
beat an EWU team they should have beaten by more.
Both Arizona and Arizona State struggled at home,
although the Wildcats did play a pretty damn good
BYU defence. The Cougs ... too many injuries and
questionable calls to beat an overrated Auburn team
on the road. Fresno, they really struggled offensively
against Nevada, and squandered some early opportunities.

Even though you can't always judge a team by their
opener ... I like our chances a little better this
season.

By djohnson (65.198.3.2) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 07:59 am:

Guys, you're leaving out the most important point about Oklahoma. Their starting quarterback was a wide receiver until a month ago. He wouldn't be playing QB now except that the starter got kicked off the team. This wasn't a choice by the Sooners, this was thrust on them.

They're still better than we are, but we have a chance of containing them on defense. Of course, our run defense looks so good in part because our pass defense has been so bad, so we'll see what happens when there's a real test. Still, better this situation than one with a proven passing threat.

That's why OU ran all those screens and stuff: they can't pass.

Now I can't help but think it would have been nice if our DTs had gotten some snaps last week. This will be their first game.

By ewhusky (192.76.80.74) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 08:29 am:

Defense is still OU football. Stoops does not win with "flash and glitz" offense . He finds someone to run the offense within his parameters(White,Heupel), then lets the defense dictate the the game .He has no out this year on offense with the dismissal of Bomar. He has to go with an untested sr. It is still a potent offense with Peterson but is very suspect at qb. OU defense will not let the DAWGS offense win this game. Our D and the specials will have to make up the difference if the HUSKIES are to come out on top .

Louisville over Kentucky....big surprise.

Michigan over Vandy.......bigger surprise.

Cal.....Tedford and Bears are not a national spotlight team . Another pac10 embarrassment.

USC...John David Booty(who the hell are Palmer and Leinart)another artist.Arkansas is truly a sec doormat.

BYU offense all went on missions every time they got to the red zone. The other Stoops still has a lot of work to do. A nasty undisciplined wildcat defense . Penalties will be this teams downfall.

EWU has this years 'Idaho Vandal play for the money' schedule. 3 D1 teams , next is West Virginia.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

BEAT the okies.

By DAWGVADER (66.21.161.5) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 09:28 am:

I am just hoping that the Dawgs keep it close with the Sooners... If we can't hold on to the ball?... Forget it we will get killed!

By dawgfvr (134.134.136.5) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 10:05 am:

We will beat them...woof!

By DAWGVADER (66.21.161.5) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 01:18 pm:

If we win its a bonus!... We will win at least 5 games and HKFN will go bye bye!... We now have the potential of a shootout with our OFFENSE... Trust ME! 300 yrds rushing is a hell of alot.. I dont care if it was against Whitworth College... That's alot of yards on the ground.

By ewhusky (192.76.80.74) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 02:21 pm:

I like our chances .
Defense has got to stop the passing game though. Peterson can get a lot of yards but they can't give them a balanced attack .Stuff the passes and key on Peterson when yardage is needed .

Turnovers will be a killer for the DAWGS . This team is not capable of overcoming critical mistakes .
The specials will be very important again in maintaining field position. Saturday was nice to see no kicks blocked , no fumbled snaps on kicks , no penalties in the kick game(that I remember), no fumbled returns .

By EugeneDuck (64.13.10.68) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 04:51 pm:

Oklahoma: 52
Puppies: 6

Do not worry though the Ducks will make Oklahoma respect the Pac-10 next week.

By ewhusky (71.115.239.69) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 05:14 pm:

Oh OK !!!

Like last year .

I know!!! your going to reveal a new color combo....... scared quack yellow and sh*tdown your leg green.

They'll still be laughing after the game.

By Hoser (72.24.101.103) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 06:46 pm:

Hey Ducky, if Washington upsets the Sooners and your
horribly clad green and yellow pukes lose to them
at Oddson Stadium the next week, do you promise to
come back here and admit you are stup ... uh, that
is, you were WRONG? Are you man enough to do that?

52-6. Dream on, Ducky.

By DAWGVADER (66.21.161.5) on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 08:32 am:

I want the Ducks to beat Oklahoma!

By EugeneDuck (64.13.10.68) on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 12:34 pm:

If the puppies beat the Sooners AND the Ducks lose to the Sooners I will be absolutely amazed.

I will also be man enough to come back and say I was wrong.

Do not worry though. There no way the puppies will win this weekend.

By the way; I know the uniforms are silly but it attracts the recruits. You cannot deny that. Perhaps the puppies should start using some crazy uniforms.

EugeneDuck

By DAWGVADER (66.21.161.5) on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 01:27 pm:

The Ducks will start having some down years real soon... This looser will leave the board faster than a LOUIS RANKIN TOUCHDOWN!... I would like to know in the last 10 years, how many times we had to play the Ducks in their Stadium?.. I bet it aint 5 and 5!

By Millertime (65.183.198.118) on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 03:01 pm:

Against Oklahoma, the Dawgs will need to key on the run with an 8 man front and most importantly, get off the blocks. Make the inexperienced QB/WR dude beat you with the pass. UW will need to force at least two turnovers to win. Oklahoma is usually proficient in the special teams area, so the Dawgs will have to match them at least and not give up any long returns. A big hit/turnover can swing the tide(field position) your way quicker than anything. I know OU will be geared up on defense to stop the run as well. Stanback will have to have a clean game and hit a couple deep balls to move the sticks. Still, a monumental effort and a little luck is in order for the kids from Montlake to escape with a victory.

By dawgfvr (134.134.136.5) on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 07:34 am:

Millertime hit it on the head...the Defense is going to be the culprit that wins us this game...and I think they will step up after last week's pass peppering they got from the short pass. Our offense is going to have to be creative after losing the first and second string Tight Ends. Not only will our passing game suffer because of these injuries...the off tackle runs will be nil if we cannot get a third/fourth stringger TE to block. It can be done...and I expect at least 14 points on the board from our Defense....get-er-done...woof!

Jello Biafra
9/8/2006, 04:45 PM
in case you wanna play

http://www.huskyfan.com/board/

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 05:12 PM
We will win at least 5 games
http://www.actorbuddyebsen.info/images/jedcl1f.jpg

"Piteeful". f'n hillbilly.

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 05:19 PM
Somebody call the SPCA, cause we's about to mistreat us some puppy dogs.

fadada1
9/8/2006, 05:31 PM
i like how the conversation was somewhat civil (albeit slightly delusional) until a duck fan showed up... then it went straight to the uniform smack.

mdklatt
9/8/2006, 05:47 PM
I'll take UW plus the points.

RacerX
9/8/2006, 09:36 PM
Tell them dawgs to stay away from lexington.