PDA

View Full Version : Upset alert

mikeb
9/8/2006, 03:41 PM
Who do you guys think will have the biggest upset of the week. I am taking PennState over nuterdame.

IronSooner
9/8/2006, 03:45 PM
I don't see PSU over ND as an upset, but I am picking PSU if you count it. Most of the other matchups look pretty cut and dry.

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 03:49 PM
Upset or not, I hope Penn State crushes them.

Crimson Creamer
9/8/2006, 03:49 PM
I'll take Penn St over Notre Dame. 'Zona over LSU? So. Carolina over Georgia? Finally for a real stretch...Fresno St over Oregon.

fadada1
9/8/2006, 03:52 PM
nostradamus will have AT LEAST 4 turnovers against PSU. the linebackers will cause fits. mark it down.

The Maestro
9/8/2006, 03:53 PM
Good luck with that young offensive line and a quarterback making his first road start in South Bend. Irish will cruise. Georgia Tech is better than people think...and maybe better than Penn State.

lukin254
9/8/2006, 04:02 PM
Nevada over Arizona State

MRNOTDUCKS
9/8/2006, 04:04 PM
UTEP over Tech
You read it here first!

King Crimson
9/8/2006, 04:07 PM
Nevada over Arizona State

possibly. Nevada looked sparky against UTEP and ASU potentially having "team" issues.

UTEP over TTech. maybe. could be a trap game for the tortillas.

wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou lose to Ole Miss in Columbia.....they seem to throw up all over themselves once at home per year under Pinkel.

King Crimson
9/8/2006, 04:08 PM
UTEP over Tech
You read it here first!

dangit. if i hadn't got cute with it......i mighta beat ya. :D

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 04:13 PM
nostradamus will have AT LEAST 4 turnovers against PSU. the linebackers will cause fits. mark it down.
Quatrain #147

"And the old fart from the East will rise and beat the fat fart from where the false sayers of God bugger altar boys."

The Maestro
9/8/2006, 04:22 PM
I think there are some big names next week that teams might be caught looking ahead.

Oregon on the road at Fresno State - next week, chance for redemption vs. OU

LSU vs. Arizona - big game at Auburn next week for LSU and Mike Stoops has bad memories he wants to repay to Lester. 'Cats stay close to Tigers.

Clemson at BC - BC always gets somebody at home and the Tigers are at FSU next week.

And Arkansas State. They face bye next week, which might have them overlooking some pokes!

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 04:23 PM
UTEP over Tech
You read it here first!
The Sun Bowl will actually be sold out for this game, although a lot of them will be Tech fans. Jordan Palmer was quoted as saying that the new Tech quarterback has never played in front of such a hostile crowd. Mike Price said that he will have a whole bunch of recruits on the sidelines for this game. I think they have been game planning this one since Spring practice began. I don't think they will actually pull it off, but they are seriously gunning for Tech. (no pun intended)

stoopified
9/8/2006, 04:30 PM
Who do you guys think will have the biggest upset of the week. I am taking PennState over nuterdame. That one sounds good to me.Then again I root for everyone to beat the Narcissistically Divine Irish.

King Crimson
9/8/2006, 04:54 PM
LSU vs. Arizona - big game at Auburn next week for LSU and Mike Stoops has bad memories he wants to repay to Lester. 'Cats stay close to Tigers.

i think LSU will drop a ****hammer on UofA. just my feeling. and looking at the way Cal got abused in Knoxville doesn't give me any reason to think a middle of the road pac 10 team can hang in SEC country.

Crimson Creamer
9/8/2006, 05:03 PM
I think Zona has a shot, but two former sooner DC's hooking up should be a show. Tigers have the talent, but methinx Stoops>Pelini!

The Maestro
9/8/2006, 05:44 PM
i think LSU will drop a ****hammer on UofA. just my feeling. and looking at the way Cal got abused in Knoxville doesn't give me any reason to think a middle of the road pac 10 team can hang in SEC country.

I'll never understand what one team in a conference has to do with another's performance. By those standards, USC should have sucked hard at Arkansas Saturday night. Well, they didn't!

What Cal did at Tennessee has nothing to do with what Arizona will do at LSU. LSU is a lot better than AZ. I just think Stoops and AZ are treating this like a Super Bowl and LSU is thinking about their Super Bowl next week at Auburn.

King Crimson
9/8/2006, 06:30 PM
my point is that Cal is better than U of A, most likely. and I'd guess LSU is better than Tenn, most likely. the point of conference affiliation is merely that if i'm going to "pick an upset" i'd look for some/any means of comparison (not scientific, to be sure) rather than just cuz Mikey is the HC.

proudsoonergal
9/8/2006, 07:47 PM
The Sun Bowl will actually be sold out for this game, although a lot of them will be Tech fans. Jordan Palmer was quoted as saying that the new Tech quarterback has never played in front of such a hostile crowd. Mike Price said that he will have a whole bunch of recruits on the sidelines for this game. I think they have been game planning this one since Spring practice began. I don't think they will actually pull it off, but they are seriously gunning for Tech. (no pun intended)

Was Jordan Palmer quoted as to how many interceptions he will throw in this game? I'd guess at least 3.

KingDavid
9/8/2006, 07:57 PM
Yes. I'll take the show-stopper and pick Arizona to shock the nation with an upset in Death Valley.

Arizona 20
LSU 19

picasso
9/8/2006, 08:20 PM
I'm not a betting man but that's a lock. what a crazy spread on that one.

wheatonsooner
9/8/2006, 08:46 PM
texass over ohio state but we beat the when there number 1 and we go all the way

BoogercountySooner
9/8/2006, 08:51 PM
Arkansas St. over the Pokes!

FlatheadSooner
9/8/2006, 09:14 PM
MT State Bobcats over Chadron State Eagles.

picasso
9/8/2006, 10:05 PM
texass over ohio state but we beat the when there number 1 and we go all the way
huh?

daddywarbucks
9/8/2006, 10:11 PM
The second Stoops puts it on Miles for the upset......Here Kitty kitty....

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/8/2006, 10:20 PM
OsU losing is never an upset..hell I was pleasantly suprised they won last week. The funny thing, one of my poke friends said

Victoria said:
seriously... look at both teams first play of the season this year...
Victoria said:
uh huh
Victoria said:
TD... COWBOYS

King Crimson
9/8/2006, 10:30 PM
hey, Arkie State beat Navy or Army last week. Pokies on the road.....

you guys are dreaming if you think U of A is going into Baton Rouge and winning. Mikey is a well below .500 coach so far. the Cats just aren't that good. Talent is getting better....but, no way.

daddywarbucks
9/8/2006, 10:32 PM

you guys are dreaming if you think U of A is going into Baton Rouge and winning. Mikey is a well below .500 coach so far. the Cats just aren't that good. Talent is getting better....but, no way.
Thats why they call it an upset..Granted it is a long shot and I DEFINATELY dont have any coin on it, but a shot?? yeah I think they got a real shot at it.

picasso
9/8/2006, 11:09 PM

Army. Navy is playing some ball these days since they got rid of former Poke Weatherbie.

OU-HSV
9/8/2006, 11:20 PM
Arkansas St. over the Pokes!
Ditto Booger. The cowpokers are over confident this week..and even though Little Rock might not seat many..it's a loud/tough place to play, just ask LSU.

picasso
9/8/2006, 11:24 PM
LSU will spank Mikey and make him bust a juggular.

OUstud
9/8/2006, 11:24 PM
I think ASU beats Aggy, U of A beats LSU, PSU beats ND, Idaho beats Wazzu, and Texas State beats Kentucky.

OU-HSV
9/8/2006, 11:25 PM
I'll pick Mike over Lester the molester

picasso
9/9/2006, 12:05 AM
you guys are nuts.

Arizona hasn't scored 2 TD's in a game since 1978.

LSU has crazy type athletes.

Desert Sapper
9/9/2006, 04:21 AM
LSU is obscenely talented. I think Stoops' schemes might keep it close for a half maybe even 3 quarters, but LSU explodes on the wildcats at some point. The 'Desert Swarm' is getting better, and Willie Tuitama is a decent QB, but AZ is still a couple years from being good enough to stay with the top 10-15 teams. That doesn't mean they don't have a chance. UAB had a chance against us last week and the talent levels aren't even close.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 09:10 AM
Have you ever seen Mississippi State fans...they give a major scare no matter where they go!

The Maestro
9/9/2006, 09:19 AM
'Cocks beat Dawgs outright and Miss. State gives a major scare to Auburn but loses.

Wow...Mississippi State is John Blake bad and they lost their starting QB to injury against South Carolina. I think Auburn will have the point spread covered by halftime...20 points.

r5TPsooner
9/9/2006, 09:20 AM
There will be some good Catholic home cooking in South Bend if the game is close late.

CrimsonChampion
9/9/2006, 12:41 PM
Papa joe and the Lions are gonna crush Weiss' snot nose and his golden little Irish and I can't WAIT!!

actually I won't even watch the damn game 'cus my boyz in Norman got a little Huskie trash to take out.

BOOOOOOOMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Maestro
9/9/2006, 01:19 PM
Wow...Mississippi State is John Blake bad and they lost their starting QB to injury against South Carolina. I think Auburn will have the point spread covered by halftime...20 points.

I was close...17-0 Auburn at the half. Six quarters in and Mississippi State hasn't scored yet this year. How long before the SEC is without a black head coach again? Doom for Croom.

King Crimson
9/9/2006, 01:26 PM
Lousiville 42
Temple 0

halftime. ouch.

picasso
9/11/2006, 10:25 PM
heh.

mikeb
9/11/2006, 11:01 PM
Dear picasso,

Will you please go with me to Vegas? LOL

picasso
9/11/2006, 11:04 PM
Dear picasso,

Will you please go with me to Vegas? LOL
I've got an oSu buddy who goes there every summer and while there puts a 100 bucks on the Sooners to win it all.:D

mikeb
9/12/2006, 08:47 AM
I did not know there were any osu guys that were that smart.

daddywarbucks
9/12/2006, 09:09 AM
DOWN WITH THE IRISH!!!!!!