PDA

View Full Version : The water has broken

tbl
9/8/2006, 01:48 PM
Meema is flying back to Texas tomorrow, so we had one last chance to get this boy out before she heads back. We've been hoping he would come while she was here so she could watch our 2.5 year old daughter while we're up here at the hospital. Being there for my daughters birth was amazing, and I'm very thankful that I'll get to experience that for my son. Praise the Lord!

Now the waiting game... Pics will come once he gets here.

NormanPride
9/8/2006, 02:05 PM
We'll pray he's not hideous like JM's. :P

Congrats, and good luck!

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 02:10 PM
I thought this was going to be a N.O. levee thread.;)

Good luck Sooner pal. Keep us posted.

BoogercountySooner
9/8/2006, 02:20 PM
I'll pray for a safe delivery! God Bless the little Leblowski!

tbl
9/8/2006, 02:33 PM
The epidural is now in... Now she can take a nap and I can take a read... Labor is so hard on the husband. She gets to lay there while I get to take all the calls from the intruders. ;)

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 02:48 PM
We'll pray he's not hideous like JM's. :P

<Elephant Man>He is not, an animal!!!!!</Elephant Man>

1stTimeCaller
9/8/2006, 02:49 PM
Congrats and I'll saya prayer for mom and baby.

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/8/2006, 03:19 PM
Pretty much the worst Cat Stevens song ever.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/8/2006, 03:21 PM

Phffft...like anyone could even know that, Beano.

9/8/2006, 03:46 PM
When my wife's water broke, I laughed and called her pee-pee pants.

Then I sent her out to the back yard for the birthin'.

tbl
9/9/2006, 07:30 AM
Well this little guy got here quick. Everything went perfect in the delivery. Here's a quick breakdown:

Heather went in for a checkup at 10:45AM. When the Dr. came in at 11:00, she informed her that her water had just broken. She checked herself in and I came up there around 12:30. It didn't take long for her to choose to get an epidural, so from then on it was smooth sailing. She pretty much went into hyper-drive and ended up ready to push at 4:50. She was pushing with the nurses in there with us, and the Doctor was on his way up. By the time he walked in the room at 5:11, Christian was already out up to his shoulders. The nurse went ahead and finished getting him out, and Heather didn't tear at all so no need for any stitches (Praise God!).

He weighed 8 lb 9 oz, and was 20 inches long. Everything is where it should be and they're both doing great. Hailey came up a couple of hours after he was born and took to him pretty quick. She loved holding him and wanted to kiss him a bunch. What a blessing!

Enough of the babbling, here are the pics.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/Christiansleeping.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/ChristianandHailey.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/ChristianandDaddy.jpg

sanantoniosooner
9/9/2006, 07:33 AM
congrats

Okla-homey
9/9/2006, 07:34 AM
Cute bambino. Good work man!

BoogercountySooner
9/9/2006, 07:36 AM
Awesome job Big!!

tbl
9/9/2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks!

It's weird how much his face has changed. When he came out, he was swollen so he didn't look much like he does now. Apparently he's not a good sleeper either... Hailey was fanTASTIC as a newborn, so we had this coming. :D

tbl
9/9/2006, 07:46 AM
Now the question is; can I go watch the game???? There's a restaurant not too far away from the Hospital that will have it on, but obviously I'd be gone for 3+ hours. If I take Hailey with me to give Mom a break, would that be okay? Maybe come back at halftime?

I really need a womans input, b/c I don't want to be the insensitive jerk that left my wife at the hospital with the newborn while I went and watched a game. However, this is my son and I need to lay the Sooner groundwork early in his life. ;)

BoogercountySooner
9/9/2006, 09:13 AM
Now the question is; can I go watch the game???? There's a restaurant not too far away from the Hospital that will have it on, but obviously I'd be gone for 3+ hours. If I take Hailey with me to give Mom a break, would that be okay? Maybe come back at halftime?

I really need a womans input, b/c I don't want to be the insensitive jerk that left my wife at the hospital with the newborn while I went and watched a game. However, this is my son and I need to lay the Sooner groundwork early in his life. ;)

Isn't that a TV I see in that Pic. it just might have the game on it. When they are playin Boomer Sooner after every touchdown be sure to hold his little finger up.:D :D

opksooner
9/9/2006, 11:13 AM

Now that, friends, is a great pic.

Kimberlyz4OU
9/9/2006, 11:15 AM
Okay, so here is my input on the game watching......ask her, you will be able to tell from her tone of how she says, "Whatever", or "It doesn't matter to me", whether or not that is what she really means, ha ha!

If it were me, it would be fine, because - I would get some alone/bonding time with new baby WHILE watching the game on the TV in my room

BTW, he's gorgeous - good pictures!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2006, 11:48 AM
Hey mods, sponsors, whomever, doesn't this thread deserve some yellow stars?

handcrafted
9/9/2006, 12:25 PM

YMSSRA...etc.

Dude, you're on a roll today. :D

handcrafted
9/9/2006, 12:28 PM

Don't know where you are, but in the maternity ward at Norman Regional they had TVs with full cable in the rooms. Can you just order a pizza and kick back there? :D

PhxSooner
9/9/2006, 12:45 PM
My son was pretty hyper when his little sister was born, so my husband taking him somewhere away from the hospital for a few hours was nice.

I did watch Monday Night Football with my son when he was only three hours old. For some reason, the '99 Cowboys put him to sleep.:)

Tailwind
9/9/2006, 02:46 PM
Beautiful little boy! Go for awhile and relax. Birthing is an exhausting experience for all parties concerned. And maybe your little girl needs some alone time with daddy.

tbl
9/10/2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all the congrats folks.

Since I'm in Atlanta, the stinking Clemson game was on broadcast TV so I had to go to Jocks and Jills (ATL area sprots restaurant). Good news is, the sister in law came in and took Hailey shopping while I went to the game (score!!).

The girl is already showing signs of jealousy, so I might have to chain her to the punishment tree in the backyard. ;)

Thanks again!

whatsername
9/10/2006, 02:37 PM
Beautiful baby! Congrats. Your daughter is a cutie too. :)

And I'm glad you got to watch the game!