PDA

View Full Version : Ty v Bob

douxpaysan
9/8/2006, 11:43 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/PrintStory.pl?document_id=2003248810&zsection_id=2002990514&slug=uwfb08&date=20060908

1stTimeCaller
9/8/2006, 11:48 AM
Bob, you are still an idiot. It's hard to get the Aggy out of you isn't it?

Are there comparisons [between UW and OU)]? That's hard to say," Simmons said. "Those are, I think, unusual circumstances [at Oklahoma]. But the University of Washington has the same kind of pedigree. Maybe not as many national titles, but you talk Rose Bowls and those kinds of things and we have a great tradition.

fadada1
9/8/2006, 11:49 AM
interesting and nice read. however, i'm tired of hearing about how blake brought in all the players from the 2000 NC team. me thinks that calmus and roy would NOT have become all-americans had blake stayed. CLEARLY, the stoops brothers and venables had a significant influence on their development as superstars. the ability was obviously there, but the ability to develop the talent was not.

westcoast_sooner
9/8/2006, 12:05 PM
Are they trying to say that UW could go on to a MNC this year on their little parallel paths sidebar?

GDC
9/8/2006, 01:00 PM
OU Notebook: Nelson Peterson denied
By GUERIN EMIG AND JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writers
9/8/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

Nelson Peterson, father of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, will not attend the Sooners' Oct. 7 game against Texas, according to Thursday's New York Times.

The Times reported that federal probation officers denied Nelson Peterson's written request to attend OU games. Peterson was released from the Federal Correctional Institution at Texarkana, Texas, and remanded to an Oklahoma City halfway house. His release is scheduled for Oct. 5, but under terms of the parole, Peterson cannot leave the district in which his halfway house is located for 30 days after his release.

Hard at play: OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson showed his players clips of the 2004 Sooners leading up to last week's opener.

"Everybody thought those were good players, but they played hard," Wilson said of the team that went 12-0 before losing to USC in the national championship Orange Bowl. "I think last year, as we went through some controversies and some changes and some settling down things, we just didn't play hard."

The idea was to change that attitude going into '06.

"I thought we played significantly harder (against UAB) than in any game last year," Wilson said. "We had great effort up front."

Big money:

Oklahoma's defense used a handful of packages last week that slid defensive end C.J. Ah You inside to tackle, a fairly routine set that improves the Sooners' pass rush. There was also a package that used three linemen, with Ah You in the middle.

You've heard of a nickel defense and a dime defense. Well, the three-man package is called dollar, and the four-man front with Ah You inside is called money.

"It's fun," Ah You said. "Whatever I can do for the team as a whole. Having three d-ends in there brings a lot of speed to our defense, and hopefully gets some more pressure on the quarterback.

"It is a big difference. Hopefully they don't run on me."

Stanback, but not too far: With fleet-footed Washington quarterback Isaiah Stanback coming to Owen Field this week, expect to see the Sooner defense in multiple defensive alignments. One important one will be Nic Harris playing nickel defensive back.

"We played nickel a lot last week, with Nic in the nickel position, basically just to get him some snaps and get him ready," said defensive backs coach Bobby Jack Wright. "We may use him more this week. That's probably fair to say."

Pac-10 punch: Many are expecting a big game from Adrian Peterson against Washington's defense. But consider that Peterson has been held below 100 yards just five times in his career when healthy, and three of those were against Pac-10 teams: USC in the Orange Bowl (25 carries for 85 yards), at UCLA last season (23 for 58) and the Holiday Bowl last season against Oregon (23 for 84).

"That's probably more of a fluke than anything else," Huskies coach Tyrone Willingham said..

TheUnnamedSooner
9/8/2006, 01:46 PM
Are they trying to say that UW could go on to a MNC this year on their little parallel paths sidebar?

Kinda what I gathered.

NormanPride
9/8/2006, 01:47 PM
We really need jkm's blake recruiting rebuttal in the FAQ.

snp
9/8/2006, 02:01 PM
Stoops didn't lose 9 games his first season.

TrophyCollector
9/8/2006, 02:33 PM
Stoops didn't lose 9 games his first season.

Yea, that took him like 4 years to do that. Ty is clearly just as good.

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2006, 02:42 PM
Bob, you are still an idiot. It's hard to get the Aggy out of you isn't it?Spek
I was wondering where that clown was.

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 05:23 PM
You can take an aggie out of the barn ... but why would you want to. Leave em in there and burn it down.

westcoast_sooner
9/8/2006, 07:17 PM
Ty is a good coach, right? Ty took a 9-2 ND team when he took over and and went all the way to 6-5 in his third year?

That's an improvement, right?

Wishboned
9/8/2006, 11:42 PM
Where are the fact checkers for this rag?

Like Washington, Oklahoma's struggles began after NCAA controversy forced a coaching change, Barry Switzer getting the boot after the 1987 season.

Barry resigned after the 88 season. His last game coaching was the 89 Citrus Bowl.