PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Orange Bowl OU/UW Sooner Schooner Video

cwood60
9/8/2006, 09:32 AM
Anybody know where I can find video of the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty given to OU b/c of the Sooner Schooner situation? I was kid back then and don't remember much about this at all until this weeks news/postings of OU/UW.

Dio
9/8/2006, 09:49 AM
I don't have the mad skillz to post it, but on the DVD of the '86 Orange Bowl, they showed the clip from the '85 OB where the Schooner got the penalty and a couple of UW players kicked at the ponies. :mad:

4everasooner
9/8/2006, 10:02 AM
Kicked at our ponies? Lets hunt them done and beat the crap out of them.

cwood60
9/8/2006, 10:04 AM
Now I really don't remember this game; I was 12. Did UW bring a Huskie to the game? A Ruf-Nek shot to the dog would've been interesting.

Big Red Ron
9/8/2006, 10:10 AM
It wasn't that we had the mascott alone. It was that we ran them out on the field after a penalty flag had been thrown on us for false start or something on a field goal. We ran the ponies after a flag was thrown. Then another was thrown after they ran. It was really whomever controls the pony's fault, not just that we brought them.

mxATVracer10
9/8/2006, 12:08 PM
It wasn't that we had the mascott alone. It was that we ran them out on the field after a penalty flag had been thrown on us for false start or something on a field goal. We ran the ponies after a flag was thrown. Then another was thrown after they ran. It was really whomever controls the pony's fault, not just that we brought them.

Actually, the first flag was thrown due to one of OUr guys lining up in a blocking position wearing a receivers # and failing to report it to the zebras. The kick was good and flag was thrown but no one saw it. So off goes the schooner in normal celebration fashion, but on it's way back to the tunnel, the wheels sank in a soft spot on the field in front of Washingtons bench. They thought it slowed to "taunt" them, so they began whining and the ref tacked on another 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct on the schooner. I was only four when this happend, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. (and read the story about this in the Tulsa World :D )