PDA

View Full Version : Time for an AD reality check

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2006, 09:11 AM
Am I the only person growing tired of the "sacred cow" treatment Peterson gets? The only player i've ever heard of who gets criticized by his coach and it makes headlines..as if he's above criticism. For Gods sake there's even a thread here talking about his dad being able to attend games! There's not a bigger non-story than that. Does anybody know or even care if any other player has a parent unable to attend games? I didn't think so.
I found it refreshing that kevin Wilson had the plums to openly critique a player whom everyone else has put in the "untouchable" category. I just think that it's time he lived up to the enormous hype that surrounds the guy. The only thing EVERY sports announcer agrees on when talking about OU is that AD is the GREATEST back in college football. Hell, he got EVERY single carry last Saturday and didn't even lead the nation in rushing.
Even watching the game last Saturday the TBS sideline reporter had to do a segment about how much weight AD holds as he jumps up onto a box.....OK....and that does what for his performance on the field? looked to me like he went down as easy as any other back. I know that i'll get ripped apart for voicing this opinion but just stand back and ask yourself if his on-the-field performance is anywhere close to the hype.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2006, 09:12 AM
um, ok.

hurricane'bone
9/8/2006, 09:13 AM
He's right. OU is doomed. They should just cancel the season right now.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 09:14 AM
I disagree with your post, but David Earl won't let me tell you what a pot stirring bitch I think you are, so I'll just think it.

tbl
9/8/2006, 09:14 AM
Ballsy post...

Sooner in Tampa
9/8/2006, 09:15 AM
:pop:

Scott D
9/8/2006, 09:16 AM
[rick james]cocaine is a helluva drug[/rick james]

Landthief 1972
9/8/2006, 09:17 AM
Someone slipped and fell into their own stupid.

picasso
9/8/2006, 09:17 AM
I'm tried of people saying AD won the UAB game for us. I mean, ENA threw the pass and Joe John made the block on the big screen play. It's not like Peterson really did anything.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2006, 09:18 AM
I'm tried of people saying AD won the UAB game for us. I mean, ENA threw the pass and Joe John made the block on the big screen play. It's not like Peterson really did anything.

HEH! NO ****! With that pass, and that block, hell, I could have scored that TD. :D

Jason White's Third Knee
9/8/2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah. I think you are the only one that cares. He's a badass. Did you see the media coverage of the holy trinity last year? Bush, Leinart, and White? Sick.

leavingthezoo
9/8/2006, 09:20 AM
wow. thanks for showing us the light. i think you're right. ad is an expendable, no talent hack with zero upside. we should just take him out back and shoot him. of course, without him... we're at a loss already for the year, but MY GOD, THAT'S IRRELEVENT!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, AD is a run-of-the-mill running back. Who cares about his dad being an inmate, and stuff?

Scott D
9/8/2006, 09:22 AM
Yeah, AD is a run-of-the-mill running back. Who cares about his dad being an inmate, and stuff?

you...back into your box. This isn't a political thread :P

OUmillenium
9/8/2006, 09:23 AM
No

So stop overhyping him and starting more worthless threads.

:texan: sux

9/8/2006, 09:24 AM
you...back into your box. This isn't a political thread :PHey, dittos, mr. open-mind.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 09:26 AM
HEH! NO ****! With that pass, and that block, hell, I could have scored that TD. :D

Maybe if the play started at the UAB 4 yard line.

:O

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe if the play started at the UAB 4 yard line.

:O

Still maybe. :D

Europasooner
9/8/2006, 09:29 AM
Am I the only person growing tired of the "sacred cow" treatment Peterson gets? The only player i've ever heard of who gets criticized by his coach and it makes headlines..as if he's above criticism. For Gods sake there's even a thread here talking about his dad being able to attend games! There's not a bigger non-story than that. Does anybody know or even care if any other player has a parent unable to attend games? I didn't think so.
I found it refreshing that kevin Wilson had the plums to openly critique a player whom everyone else has put in the "untouchable" category. I just think that it's time he lived up to the enormous hype that surrounds the guy. The only thing EVERY sports announcer agrees on when talking about OU is that AD is the GREATEST back in college football. Hell, he got EVERY single carry last Saturday and didn't even lead the nation in rushing.
Even watching the game last Saturday the TBS sideline reporter had to do a segment about how much weight AD holds as he jumps up onto a box.....OK....and that does what for his performance on the field? looked to me like he went down as easy as any other back. I know that i'll get ripped apart for voicing this opinion but just stand back and ask yourself if his on-the-field performance is anywhere close to the hype.

I agree. I don't think he is as good a back, now, as he was as a freshman. he looks for the cutback on everyplay and doesn't hit the hole or follow his lead blocker. I said the same thing after the Holiday Bowl last year; that he had regressed as a player.

I think you are right. It is because they were afraid to coach him because of his incredible talent.

To whom more is given, more is expected.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 09:30 AM
Still maybe. :D

You ever see "The Ringer"?

:D

KingDavid
9/8/2006, 09:31 AM

Nick, is that you??:eek:

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 09:31 AM
I agree. I don't think he is as good a back, now, as he was as a freshman. he looks for the cutback on everyplay and doesn't hit the hole or follow his lead blocker. I said the same thing after the Holiday Bowl last year; that he had regressed as a player.

I think you are right. It is because they were afraid to coach him because of his incredible talent.

Yeah, cause the cutback didn't payoff. Evar. Go watch the OSU game douchie.

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2006, 09:33 AM
Oh, I forgot, AD carries the team on his back when we are up against the wall with teams like Tulsa and UAB. If he's the all-universe back everyone claims he is, why are we even in a struggle against those teams? He seems to stop carrying the load when the opposition is the Texas and USC's of the world.

Okie Hillbilly
9/8/2006, 09:36 AM
Hey Crimsontothecore and Eurapasooner:
Name one back in college football that you would trade for AD? I am completely amazed at how little some people know.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 09:36 AM
Oh, I forgot, AD carries the team on his back when we are up against the wall with teams like Tulsa and UAB. If he's the all-universe back everyone claims he is, why are we even in a struggle against those teams? He seems to stop carrying the load when the opposition is the Texas and USC's of the world.

Somebody left their troll out.

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2006, 09:38 AM
If Kevin Wilson thinks he tries too hard now, wait till dear old dad is in the stands. He will be fumbling the ball while trying to reach across the goal line from the 10.

critical_phil
9/8/2006, 09:39 AM
nice post crimsontothecore.

in 25 replies, only europasooner agrees with you - which should tell you something.

bags.

deluxe.

tbl
9/8/2006, 09:39 AM
It takes a team to win, and it especially takes a team to lose like the OB. I get what you're saying about what the media says, but don't lose sight of reality.

leavingthezoo
9/8/2006, 09:40 AM
oh wait. this thread isn't sarcasm? :O

picasso
9/8/2006, 09:42 AM
huh? you're even dumber than you sound.

picasso
9/8/2006, 09:43 AM
trolls with AD envy.

Bourbon St Sooner
Odanorth, is that you?

Crimsontothecore
look, before everybode gets defensive and pi**ed off at me (too late). I agree that Peterson has all the POTENTIAL in the world. I just think that at this point in what is most likely his last season as a Sooner, it's time to get over the hump and perform consistently as the GREAT backs in history have done. I guess i can see him leaving OU with a bunch of what-if's..

picasso
9/8/2006, 09:45 AM

yep. that cutback only works when the line makes holes for you.
post noted.

Europa, you do realize this isn't a European football board right? if you didn't realize this, pull your unwashed head out of your ***.

picasso
9/8/2006, 09:47 AM
look, before everybode gets defensive and pi**ed off at me (too late). I agree that Peterson has all the POTENTIAL in the world. I just think that at this point in what is most likely his last season as a Sooner, it's time to get over the hump and perform consistently as the GREAT backs in history have done. I guess i can see him leaving OU with a bunch of what-if's..
I'd be ****ed if you made a statement that wasn't laughable. you know, one that would actually make me think you had some sort of logic.

Okie Hillbilly
9/8/2006, 09:49 AM
Crimson,
I actually hate arguing with a fool, because that makes me look foolish, but here we go. AD has played 1 full season, 1 half season (see "high ankle sprain"), and 1 game and already in the top 10 of OU rushing stats. He has a great work ethic, is a team player, and gives tremendous effort on the field. What more do you want?

Scott D
9/8/2006, 09:50 AM
yep. that cutback only works when the line makes holes for you.
post noted.

Europa, you do realize this isn't a European football board right? if you didn't realize this, pull your unwashed head out of your ***.

Europa is over on a Missouri borad hyping Chase Daniels for Heisman again ;)

picasso
9/8/2006, 09:52 AM
I'm betting he's in block D, getting it from the sisters.

leavingthezoo
9/8/2006, 09:53 AM

you do realize we're only one game into the season... right? and that last year AD was plagued by injury... right? do you throw everyone else under the bus under the same circumstances? if so, we're gonna need a lot more buses.

leavingthezoo
9/8/2006, 09:54 AM
haha. i hate it when i intend to neg but accidently don't. my comments never make sense then. :(

boomrsoonr
9/8/2006, 10:01 AM
:pop:

Don't hog it all, pass some this way!

MarylandSooner
9/8/2006, 10:18 AM
If only AD can continue to average 139 and 69 for the next 13 games, gosh that would add up to 2912 all-purpose yds. That is just unacceptable for our running back.

9/8/2006, 10:20 AM
Oh, I forgot, AD carries the team on his back when we are up against the wall with teams like Tulsa and UAB. If he's the all-universe back everyone claims he is, why are we even in a struggle against those teams? He seems to stop carrying the load when the opposition is the Texas and USC's of the world.AD ran roughshod over the whorns his freshman yr., and had NOWHERE to go when we played suc. Last yr. he was lame. Are you not aware of these circumstances? Yes, he's not perfect, but he's about as good a back as there is.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/8/2006, 10:23 AM
I have no doubt that Adrian Peterson is the best back in college football and probably the best back college football has seen in a long while.

birddog
9/8/2006, 10:24 AM
he's played ONE game this season. he had 200 all-purpose yards against uab. slowly back away from the computer, watch him go for 200 tomorrow, and then tell us your opinion.

although i would like to see him run between the tackles every once in a while.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2006, 10:24 AM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/meyer86/callbs.jpg

85sooners
9/8/2006, 10:26 AM
look, before everybode gets defensive and pi**ed off at me (too late). I agree that Peterson has all the POTENTIAL in the world. I just think that at this point in what is most likely his last season as a Sooner, it's time to get over the hump and perform consistently as the GREAT backs in history have done. I guess i can see him leaving OU with a bunch of what-if's.. shut your dam mouth:mad:

sooner94
9/8/2006, 10:33 AM
Just saw a story on the news that a couple of villages are missing their idiots. I think I know where they can be found...

daddywarbucks
9/8/2006, 10:46 AM

If there is any evidence of anyone in the "program" making him a sacred cow I would like to see it.
If ANY kid has worked as hard as AD has and has made a way for himself to excel any story about the guy who let him down and ended up in prison will hit the media...ever watch the news?
I also appreciate the fact that KW had the plums to let him know what is expected of him( by the way most backs would have got a game ball for saturdays performance...lets not put AD into another catagory OK?)
No he did not lead the nation in rushing...who did? who were they playing against?? Could I have led the nation against my kids pee-wee team?
The "enormous hype" that surrounds this kid causes every player on every defense to be the one that wants to put a hat on him...tough runnin every down for AD
I thought the segment about his work outs were great.If any athlete were shown in that light I would have thought it was great..Why does it have to be a bad thing that this kids works his arse off??
just my 2-cents worth...have a good day

birddog
9/8/2006, 10:57 AM
i'm not so sure it is bs yet. he's got an awful lot of posts and nothing seems real consistent with his view on ad. i need a little bit more before i can call it. eventually they cross over the line and reveal themselves.

Europasooner
9/8/2006, 12:21 PM

I said it last year that Chase Daniels was a good quarterback, and the Sooners would certainly be glad to have him. I just hope the defense gets better before they play against him later in the year.

Back to Peterson, he is still one of the best backs in college football, but, by now, he should be even better. Kevin Wilson pointed out and that's fine. I point it out and I am ridiculed. It's OK because your opinons are valued by me about the same as mine are valued by you. I just think if we have the right to praise them when they are great, then we have the right to criticism them when they should be better.

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 12:30 PM
hook set, now reel them in

BoomerSooner79
9/8/2006, 12:52 PM
Remove head from rectum, then type

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2006, 12:57 PM
i'm not so sure it is bs yet. he's got an awful lot of posts and nothing seems real consistent with his view on ad. i need a little bit more before i can call it. eventually they cross over the line and reveal themselves.
Sorry, nothing to be revealed about me except i'm a die-hard Sooner fan who doesn't understand the "AD can do no wrong" attitude.
Remember how this board lit up over Long's play calling? Here's an OC that called plays good enough to lead a team to TWO NC games....but everybody was critical of his performance. Tell you what, I'll begin the hero-worship of AD as soon as he leads our team to a title.

daddywarbucks
9/8/2006, 01:00 PM
I thought we were worshipping cows here...Im gonna have to change my religion again??

Octavian
9/8/2006, 01:03 PM
Sorry, nothing to be revealed about me except i'm a die-hard Sooner fan who doesn't understand the "AD can do no wrong" attitude.
Remember how this board lit up over Long's play calling? Here's an OC that called plays good enough to lead a team to TWO NC games....but everybody was critical of his performance. Tell you what, I'll begin the hero-worship of AD as soon as he leads our team to a title.

Folks...meet the dark underbelly of the Sooner Nation: someone who can't recognize OU has the greatest college football running back in over 2 decades just because we haven't won #8 yet.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8499/stfunw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

soonerinabilene
9/8/2006, 01:03 PM

how many names can nickzepp register under?? my god, he goes from nickzepp to harristubbsfan to crimsontothecore. next time pick one that fits you, like bagof****** or something.

Beef
9/8/2006, 01:21 PM
haha. i hate it when i intend to neg but accidently don't. my comments never make sense then. :(
Like your comments ever make sense. :P

leavingthezoo
9/8/2006, 01:26 PM
Like your comments ever make sense. :P

i just accidentally green 'speked you. :mad:

OK2LA
9/8/2006, 01:34 PM

I don't know that anyone is worshiping A.P.

He is arguably the best player on our team.

You have to admit, he's one of, if not the best backs in college football.

I think someone posed the question to you: "Who else in the country would you trade him for?"

I think I get the point you're trying to make in that you would've like to see him IMPROVE on that freshman campaign, and if he did, at that same pace, he'd be like this SUPERMAN back this year.

The reality of it is - he's had some injury problems that have hampered him, and he didn't get to play a whole lot last year *healthy*. This being said, the boy is something like 954 yards away from breaking Billy Sims record.

By the way - A.D. did lead us to a title game - WE just didn't finish. It takes more than 1 player to bring home that title.

Hero worship should be placed on no man. I think that maybe you might be misunderstanding admiration, pride, and love for one of the better athletes in the nation . . . who just so happens to be playing for YOUR SOONERS!

A.D. is not above constructive criticism, or just plain ol' criticism for that matter. He knows it, and the coaches do to.

lukin254
9/8/2006, 01:39 PM
Folks...meet the dark underbelly of the Sooner Nation: someone who can't recognize OU has the greatest college football running back in over 2 decades just because we haven't won #8 yet.

over two decades??? come on... you're better than that

Octavian
9/8/2006, 01:40 PM
which running back would you take?

Octavian
9/8/2006, 01:41 PM
OK...best running back since '88....how bout that?

lukin254
9/8/2006, 01:44 PM
that's acceptable

rhombic21
This guy is clearly right.

AD only had 208 yards of total offense last week and two touchdowns, in a game where the Sooners only got 50 something snaps from scrimmage. He's clearly over-rated.

And just to remind you of how over-rated he was last year, let me present some video evidence:

http://www.zshare.net/video/ad-2005-update-5-wmv.html

I think we can all agree that Allen Patrick should probably start this week.

lukin254
unless he goes for 2,638 and 37 in 11 games, then i'll change my mind...

Octavian
thought so ;)

lukin254
9/8/2006, 01:47 PM
but it is absolutely ridiculous that this is even a thread... i can't imagine anyone in the country thinking that Adrian Peterson isn't pulling his weight or that he's overrated or anything like that... the guy deserves any sort of praise that is muttered in his direction... he's an unbelievable back, one that doesn't come around too often (maybe every 18 years)

Octavian
9/8/2006, 01:48 PM
unless he goes for 2,638 and 37 in 11 games, then i'll change my mind...

well, there's no shame in being second to Barry Sanders....those #'s might never be broken. If we had our '04 OL, then mebbe.

SleestakSooner
9/8/2006, 01:52 PM
you do realize we're only one game into the season... right? and that last year AD was plagued by injury... right? do you throw everyone else under the bus under the same circumstances? if so, we're gonna need a lot more buses.

I think I saw NickZepplin driving that bus... could someone tell him he left a couple passengers in the computer room?:cool:

boomrsoonr
9/8/2006, 02:18 PM

I think someone posed the question to you: "Who else in the country would you trade him for?"

I think I get the point you're trying to make in that you would've like to see him IMPROVE on that freshman campaign, and if he did, at that same pace, he'd be like this SUPERMAN back this year.

The reality of it is - he's had some injury problems that have hampered him, and he didn't get to play a whole lot last year *healthy*. This being said, the boy is something like 954 yards away from breaking Billy Sims record.

By the way - A.D. did lead us to a title game - WE just didn't finish. It takes more than 1 player to bring home that title.

Hero worship should be placed on no man. I think that maybe you might be misunderstanding admiration, pride, and love for one of the better athletes in the nation . . . who just so happens to be playing for YOUR SOONERS!

A.D. is not above constructive criticism, or just plain ol' criticism for that matter. He knows it, and the coaches do to.

And don't forget that teams are now keying on him more than they did. That, along with lack of o-line experience, and the boy has his work cut out for himself. That fact that he can STILL break away for 60 plus yards (even if it was a pass) truly amazes me since everyone on the field is watching him.

mikeb
9/8/2006, 04:11 PM
This thread has to be a joke or the fact that crimson still has green spek is the joke. hmmmmm

stoopified
9/8/2006, 04:56 PM
Hmm,Ok.

soonercody
9/8/2006, 05:01 PM
Go away, troll

CatfishSooner
9/8/2006, 05:13 PM
AD's the man.

Stitch Face
9/8/2006, 05:37 PM
I think AD's skeleton is harder than other people's

picasso
9/8/2006, 06:06 PM
it's ok to compare AD to Barry Sanders. especially when you consider what AD did as a true frosh.

BigDeezy
9/8/2006, 06:49 PM
Someone slipped and fell into their own stupid.

Now that there is funny!!

KYHonorarySooner
9/8/2006, 07:50 PM

F U Hook 'em

SoonerGM
9/8/2006, 09:06 PM

i am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are serious and not just another troll on here. of course i can see your point. AD is not perfect and i hate it when the media hypes up players way too much, even if they are great and a sooner.

but of course it is no surprise that the entire board jumped down your throat, because you are presenting your opinions in an over exaggerated extremist way. its not the core of your opinion that is upsetting to people, its the way you present it. you come off as if AD is just an average back. furthermore you say that he needs to live up to the hype, as if he is the one that is writing articles for the media creating the hype. it seems to me as if he works hard and strives to be a better player but i dont think he will ever live of to the hype, let's be real, hes not god.

btw, have you ever seen the way AD knocks larger defensive players on thier butts, while hardley slowing down? credit for that goes partially to how high he can jump on a box with 80lbs dumbbells. that power comes from the legs and training that way allows him to have an explosive burst of power. the rest of the equation is leverage and being athletic enough to use his body properly to accomplish that feat. so YES, it does translate to his performance on the field.

SouthFortySooner
9/8/2006, 09:29 PM
This experiment has worked. It makes me want to take (2) two, (80) eighty pound dumbells in hand and jump up on c-t-t-c's head. :D

TheGodfather889
9/8/2006, 09:58 PM
Adrian might be the best football player I've ever seen. The guy is a freaky good athlete and a very talented runningback. And from the yards and plays I've seen from the guy I'll give him this so called "sacred cow" treatment.

daddywarbucks
9/8/2006, 10:21 PM
The more ive thought about this the more it is agrevating me....Who needs the reality check here? AD? The Media? Or you? AD is one of the best backs I have ever seen. He is still a kid in a lot of ways may I remind you. He works hard and keeps his mouth shut, he isnt pumping all this horse crap, its guys like you that make 5 page threads that do that.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/8/2006, 10:51 PM
The truth is that Kevin Wilson didn't say anything about AD that AD doesn't know. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he talked about AD's problems to get the media to not bother PT, Gresham and the wideouts as much. He also knows that AD can handle the criticism and not pull a Dupree. In all honesty, I am sure that they corrected everyone. I would also be willing to bet they have talked to him every week, telling him things he can improve. Not to mention, most of AD's problem is that he IS TRYING TOo HARD. I don't know about you guys, i can handle mistakes alot better when they are because of trying too hard. I mean we aren't talking, "AD is afraid of contact" we are talking "AD is trying to go 100 yards every run"

Snrfn4ever08
9/8/2006, 10:56 PM
The truth is that Kevin Wilson didn't say anything about AD that AD doesn't know. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he talked about AD's problems to get the media to not bother PT, Gresham and the wideouts as much. He also knows that AD can handle the criticism and not pull a Dupree. In all honesty, I am sure that they corrected everyone. I would also be willing to bet they have talked to him every week, telling him things he can improve. Not to mention, most of AD's problem is that he IS TRYING TOo HARD. I don't know about you guys, i can handle mistakes alot better when they are because of trying too hard. I mean we aren't talking, "AD is afraid of contact" we are talking "AD is trying to go 100 yards every run"
word

Stoop Dawg
9/8/2006, 11:23 PM
AD Reality Check: He will likely finish his career as one of the top 5 backs in OU history. Possibly #1.

That's the reality of the situation.

Fraggle145
9/9/2006, 12:33 AM

you are talking about the same back that had 200+ yards vs texas... right? you are an idiot

ADs_Agent
9/9/2006, 01:45 AM
is this crimson guy serious? I would love to see how good you could run with one leg, OU might as well had Long John Silver in the backfield last year. In his first game he had 200 all purpose yards, he could have had 20000000000 had we played Popcorn State like the Aggs, maybe the same Kool-Aid that Zepp drinks, this moron grabbed a swig as well

Sirus
9/9/2006, 01:47 AM

I tell you what. You just go ahead and line up on D, and after a few plays of either getting burnt or ran over like a mack truck, come back and tell us if you still think he's just another average back.

Sirus
9/9/2006, 01:53 AM
better yet, when he walks away with the sacred trophy this year like he almost(and should have) did when he was a true freashman, then come back and tell me he is average.

Sirus
9/9/2006, 02:03 AM
One more rant and then I will "poof" away.

Why is this guy's respect meter still green?:confused:

Blue
9/9/2006, 02:05 AM
Have you ever watched AD run? Have you ever watched AD run...ON WEED?!

http://jon.happyjoyfun.net/pics_fl/halfbaked/halfbaked4.jpg

Desert Sapper
9/9/2006, 02:36 AM

Ding ding. We have a winner, folks. AD is awesome. AD is trying to get better. KW is helping him get there. I am very very very happy that we have AD on OUr side.

That being said...Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, AD...they all have one thing in common aside from the obvious...WORK ETHIC. That is what will get him to the top of OU's career rushing yardage chart. Not his talent, of which he has bounds. He works harder than anybody in college football. He wants to be the best. He wants his team to be the best. Nuff said.

yermom
9/9/2006, 02:37 AM
if AD misses a block, or doesn't get out of the backfield this week they should take him out for the next series

i don't see what the big deal is, we have like 5 guys on the team that can do what he does

Sirus
9/9/2006, 02:38 AM
O.K. I lied. I'm back.

just to make another point.

Games
Played:25

Rushes:583

Gain:3378

Loss:206

Net:3172

TDs:30

Receiving Yds:131

Receiving TDs: 1

Pts: 186

Looks pretty average to me....oh wait ,he's still has 2 more seasons to go. :rolleyes:

Sirus
9/9/2006, 02:41 AM
if AD misses a block, or doesn't get out of the backfield this week they should take him out for the next series

i don't see what the big deal is, we have like 5 guys on the team that can do what he does

I would step in and be #6 but I don't want to go back to school.

Texas Golfer
9/9/2006, 03:10 AM

I don't think AD leaves after this year unless he wins the Heisman or we win the national championship. Those are his two goals and I don't think he'll leave early without achieving one or the other.

And, since you think this will be his last year, that tells me even you disagree with yourself.

yermom
9/9/2006, 03:20 AM
that kid at Louisville probably shattered any chance there was of a return next season

Texas Golfer
9/9/2006, 03:22 AM
AD is not perfect and i hate it when the media hypes up players way too much, even if they are great and a sooner.

I don't. I hope they hype him more to enhance his Heisman chances.

Texas Golfer
9/9/2006, 03:24 AM
AD Reality Check: He will likely finish his career as one of the top 5 backs in OU history. Possibly #1.

That's the reality of the situation.

That puts him in some damn fine company.

Crimsontothecore
9/9/2006, 06:19 AM
Ok, Now that i've got all of you loading your sniper rifles waiting for me to go out and pick up the paper out of my driveway this morning, let me say this:
I never said i thought AD was an "average" back. I simply said he hasn't lived up to the hype that surrounds him. Has he had some amazing runs? Yes, but not consistently. If he breaks Sim's record, great, but I would rather have championships to show for his stay here, or at least a serious run at the NC. I guess going 8-3 with the best running back of all time frustrated me . Otherwise, we just sound like LosuER living off of Barry Sanders personal accomplishments. OU has, is and always will be about winning championships.

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 06:42 AM
Ok, Now that i've got all of you loading your sniper rifles waiting for me to go out and pick up the paper out of my driveway this morning, let me say this:
I never said i thought AD was an "average" back. I simply said he hasn't lived up to the hype that surrounds him. Has he had some amazing runs? Yes, but not consistently. If he breaks Sim's record, great, but I would rather have championships to show for his stay here, or at least a serious run at the NC. I guess going 8-3 with the best running back of all time frustrated me . Otherwise, we just sound like LosuER living off of Barry Sanders personal accomplishments. OU has, is and always will be about winning championships.

You are an idiot, nothing more to say about it. I guess you started watching OU last year? AD has a BigXII Championship and played in an NC game. Not to mention he holds the record for consecutive 100 yard rushing games by a Freshmen.

And by the way, AD isn't this team he is just a big reason why we have won some of the games we have won, he can't do it by himself.

ADs_Agent
9/9/2006, 06:43 AM

are you serious? What part of him being hurt last year don't you understand? He was out for 4 games and a lot of the games he played he was still hurt. He ran for almost 2000 yards at 100%, missed 4 games and played hurt and still lead the Big XII in rushing, what more do you want Nick Zepp? AD will end up being the best back in OU history whether or not you are a moron about it.

ADs_Agent
9/9/2006, 06:43 AM
I hope someone kicks this clown out like they did Zepp

Crimsontothecore
9/9/2006, 07:46 AM
You are an idiot, nothing more to say about it. I guess you started watching OU last year? AD has a BigXII Championship and played in an NC game. Not to mention he holds the record for consecutive 100 yard rushing games by a Freshmen.

And by the way, AD isn't this team he is just a big reason why we have won some of the games we have won, he can't do it by himself.
I suppose you would say we wouldn't have won that Big12 title or played in that NC game without AD? Ever heard of Jason White? He's the reason we were in those games, not AD.
If, as you allege, Peterson is solely responsible for so many wins, you must think we would really suck without him. I mean, 8-3 and it was all because of his greatness. What do you think we would have done without him? 2-9? 1-10? Dang, Stoops job may be on the line if AD leaves after this year because we may not win a game next year.

mikeb
9/9/2006, 07:50 AM
Still green.......

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 08:04 AM
I suppose you would say we wouldn't have won that Big12 title or played in that NC game without AD? Ever heard of Jason White? He's the reason we were in those games, not AD.
If, as you allege, Peterson is solely responsible for so many wins, you must think we would really suck without him. I mean, 8-3 and it was all because of his greatness. What do you think we would have done without him? 2-9? 1-10? Dang, Stoops job may be on the line if AD leaves after this year because we may not win a game next year.

No!!! In point of fact, you are the one saying its his fault he hasn't won an NC. You are the one saying that if he was truely great he would win NC's instead of getting records. I am meerly pointing out that you sir are incorrect, he has played in an NC game he has won a BigXII Title.

We went 8-4 last year, and AD was a big part of that, but he wasn't all of it. Adrian Petersen doesn't win games, but he damn sure does help. He has done everything you say he hasn't in this thread and then you admit it and say thats because of his supporting cast. What more do you want from him?

I'm done beating this dead horse. I'll be at the tailgate in 5 hours, we can continue this over a cold brew if you like.

Scott D
9/9/2006, 08:19 AM
that kid at Louisville probably shattered any chance there was of a return next season

Perhaps, but Michael Bush is now redshirting this year, and will have next year to get back on the radar of pro scouts.

Crimsontothecore
9/9/2006, 08:22 AM
No!!! In point of fact, you are the one saying its his fault he hasn't won an NC. You are the one saying that if he was truely great he would win NC's instead of getting records. I am meerly pointing out that you sir are incorrect, he has played in an NC game he has won a BigXII Title.

We went 8-4 last year, and AD was a big part of that, but he wasn't all of it. Adrian Petersen doesn't win games, but he damn sure does help. He has done everything you say he hasn't in this thread and then you admit it and say thats because of his supporting cast. What more do you want from him?

I'm done beating this dead horse. I'll be at the tailgate in 5 hours, we can continue this over a cold brew if you like.
My argument from the beginning was that AD is NOT GOD..thank you. If you say he's not perfect and he needs a supporting cast, then we agree. My criticism was for those who think he's above criticism (i.e. Kevin Wilson's remarks) and ripped the only person who has so far publicly criticised him. Of course he helps win games, but so do the 10 other players on the field.

Scott D
9/9/2006, 08:25 AM
Like anyone will take someone with a bomarawls avatar seriously :rolleyes:

Octavian
9/9/2006, 08:30 AM
Look, man....you've got an avatar that's negative towards OU and you got an argument that's negative towards OU and doesn't make any sense at all.

Just stop. Say, "OK, sorry guys. I was being a ******."

We'll be cool about it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 09:05 AM
My argument from the beginning was that AD is NOT GOD..thank you. If you say he's not perfect and he needs a supporting cast, then we agree. My criticism was for those who think he's above criticism (i.e. Kevin Wilson's remarks) and ripped the only person who has so far publicly criticised him. Of course he helps win games, but so do the 10 other players on the field.

WHAT THE HELL!!!! THEN WHY THE HELL HAVE I BEEN PUTTING 5 DOLLARS IN HIS COLLECTION PLATE EVERY SUNDAY!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 09:06 AM
and to be fair...God doesn't play college football. He played basketball for the Bullets and George Washington

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 09:09 AM
AD may not be god, but Jesus served me enchiladas once.

Stoop Dawg
9/9/2006, 10:48 AM

Yet, in several posts you imply that he doesn't measure up the the "great" backs in history.

I agree that Peterson has all the POTENTIAL in the world. I just think that at this point in what is most likely his last season as a Sooner, it's time to get over the hump and perform consistently as the GREAT backs in history have done.

Of course he doesn't live up to the hype, no one can. There is far too much hype. However, he certainly does - to this point - measure up to the great backs in OU history.

If he breaks Sim's record, great, but I would rather have championships to show for his stay here, or at least a serious run at the NC. I guess going 8-3 with the best running back of all time frustrated me . Otherwise, we just sound like LosuER living off of Barry Sanders personal accomplishments. OU has, is and always will be about winning championships.

So if you're frustrated with the team, why are you calling out Peterson? Why isn't this thread titled "OU reality check"?

I think most people probably agree that Peterson is not above criticism. However, you have completely failed to put together a coherent series of posts that expresses your supposed "true" opinion. If you drop the bashing and stick to "AD <> Absurd Media Hype" you'll probably get no dissent at all.

Texas Golfer
9/9/2006, 11:04 AM

You admit that he's not God but you are complaining that he should be.

As I recall, nobody ripped Kevin Wilson for his remarks. Most of us agreed that as good as AD is, we need him to be better. For as hard as he works, we need him to work harder. But that goes for the rest of the team, too.

picasso
9/9/2006, 11:06 AM
folks, it's a troll. don't put forth too much effort.

soonerx7
9/9/2006, 11:22 AM
Calling him a clown is giving clowns a bad name.

Crimsontothecore
9/9/2006, 11:55 AM
Look, man....you've got an avatar that's negative towards OU and you got an argument that's negative towards OU and doesn't make any sense at all.

Just stop. Say, "OK, sorry guys. I was being a ******."

We'll be cool about it.
If you insist.
"OK, sorry guys. Octavian was being a ******"

picasso
9/9/2006, 12:25 PM
and to be fair...God doesn't play college football. He played basketball for the Bullets
actually that was World B. Free.;)

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 12:37 PM
If you insist.
"OK, sorry guys. Octavian was being a ******"

You're a real card there bud. First you make a post that questions the ability of one of the best backs in the history of the game (this is the general consensus of the entire country, not just the Sooner faithful).

Then, when you're called out on it, you try to defend your opinion with drivel that draws further wrath from the members here.

Then, when the heat is on, you try to backpedal and cover your ***, but we're not buying it. Either be a man and stick by your guns and take the heat, or STFU.

Now, since you're in up to your neck, you resort to insulting one of the more active members here.

The only ****** we see is the one that started this thread. You're in the same class as several of the Horns that frequent the board. Except you have the gall to call yourself "Crimsontothecore" and the Horns are generally more real.

Scott D
9/9/2006, 01:05 PM
actually that was World B. Free.;)

nah God Shammgod was drafted 46th overall by Washington in the draft that gave us Chauncey Billups, Antonio Daniels, Brevin Knight, Bobby Jackson and Jacque Vaughn. Guy shoulda stayed at Providence for another year, he'd have been a lottery pick instead of playing in China or Europe or wherever he's playing now.

Stitch Face
9/9/2006, 01:13 PM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/4406/hooklinesa2.jpg

Crimsontothecore
9/9/2006, 01:19 PM
You're a real card there bud. First you make a post that questions the ability of one of the best backs in the history of the game (this is the general consensus of the entire country, not just the Sooner faithful).

Then, when you're called out on it, you try to defend your opinion with drivel that draws further wrath from the members here.

Then, when the heat is on, you try to backpedal and cover your ***, but we're not buying it. Either be a man and stick by your guns and take the heat, or STFU.

Now, since you're in up to your neck, you resort to insulting one of the more active members here.

The only ****** we see is the one that started this thread. You're in the same class as several of the Horns that frequent the board. Except you have the gall to call yourself "Crimsontothecore" and the Horns are generally more real.
Actually Danny boy, I didn't backpedal at all. I simply reiterated what I originally stated. As this thread has gone on, people have assumed that my opinion is that AD is not a good back. I never said that at all. I simply stated that he hasn't lived up to all the hype...yet. That's just a fact whether you like it or not and I still stand fully behind what I originally said. Before you accuse me of "backpedaling" maybe you should go back and read what I posted you "****** bag".
P.S. Why don't you try standing on your own two feet instead of crawling into bed with the "more active members".

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 01:33 PM
Actually Danny boy, I didn't backpedal at all. I simply reiterated what I originally stated. As this thread has gone on, people have assumed that my opinion is that AD is not a good back. I never said that at all. I simply stated that he hasn't lived up to all the hype...yet. That's just a fact whether you like it or not and I still stand fully behind what I originally said. Before you accuse me of "backpedaling" maybe you should go back and read what I posted you "****** bag".
P.S. Why don't you try standing on your own two feet instead of crawling into bed with the "more active members".

:D Now that's funny.

lukin254
9/9/2006, 01:38 PM
I thought you said he went to GW?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 04:05 PM
I can't be expected to keep up completely with God's action...now can I!!!

Stoop Dawg
9/9/2006, 04:10 PM
I simply stated that he hasn't lived up to all the hype...yet. That's just a fact whether you like it or not and I still stand fully behind what I originally said.

Actually, you said he hasn't measured up to other great backs in history. That, of course, is completely wrong. Kudos to you, though, for continuing to stand by your incorrect opinion in the face of facts to the contrary.

9/9/2006, 04:15 PM
Not a team out there that wouldn't want him in their backfield.

That was probably said earlier in this thread... i don't have time to review.

Veritas
9/9/2006, 04:22 PM
AD had a great freshman season with an excellent offensive line and a quarterback who opened up the passing game and kept teams from constantly stacking up the box to stop him.

The current line isn't nearly as solid and ENA isn't remotely the passing threat that Jason White was, and teams are loading up the box. Are you watching the Washington game right now? Their strategy is pretty transparent. Ty Willingham the only UDub guy more than 20 feet from the LOS.

You (and I mean you CrimsontoEpidermis) have some pretty unrealistic expectations based on that season and you're faulting AD for not being able to live up to them without coming right out and saying it.

AD is still a tremendous back, but he can't do it all on his own, but he's been trying.

birddog
9/9/2006, 06:47 PM
explain to me what the hype was again? people just said he was the best back in college. no argument there. so what does he need to live up to? just curious...

Cam
9/9/2006, 06:58 PM
Dumbass post of the year...
Fixed

Cam
9/9/2006, 07:05 PM
Best post in the entire thread.

ADs_Agent
9/9/2006, 11:56 PM

I'm guessing you are the love child of Nick Zepp and Amy McRee right?

nanimonai
9/10/2006, 12:05 AM
I heard from a reliable source that AD was seen choking a kitten outside the stadium after the game.

daMentor
9/10/2006, 12:15 AM
I heard from a reliable source that AD was seen choking a kitten outside the stadium after the game.
lol... It's good to see that AD is not only a great back, but also a model citizen.

Rogue
9/10/2006, 12:19 AM
How is this guy's meter still green?

ADs_Agent
9/10/2006, 12:19 AM

lol......I've also heard if he gets tackled for a loss God kills a puppy

birddog
10/14/2006, 11:39 PM
explain to me what the hype was again? people just said he was the best back in college. no argument there. so what does he need to live up to? just curious...

i've been waiting for your response for quite some time now.

ashley
10/15/2006, 07:00 AM
I started to get mad at this post and then realized out of every so many people per 1000 you are gonna get X number of mentally ill people.

85sooners
12/22/2006, 10:28 PM
Even watching the game last Saturday the TBS sideline reporter had to do a segment about how much weight AD holds as he jumps up onto a box.....OK....and that does what for his performance on the field? looked to me like he went down as easy as any other back. I know that i'll get ripped apart for voicing this opinion but just stand back and ask yourself if his on-the-field performance is anywhere close to the hype. stfu!

Easting
12/22/2006, 10:48 PM
stfu!

Good lord man? You a grave robber on the side? This thread is 4 months old~!

Boomer Sooner!

stoopified
12/23/2006, 09:46 AM
The thread that will NEVER die.

SleestakSooner
12/23/2006, 12:15 PM

That's just a fact
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/brandon2802/Inigo-Montoya.jpg

Since hype is a very, very subjective term, you can not logically refer to your definition of what is and isn't hype as fact.

We get it that you have some serious penis envy and don't like all the attention Peterson receives. Jealous much?:confused:

Crimsontothecore
12/23/2006, 02:13 PM
Not jealous at all. I'm just tired of all the hype that surrounds ONE player who, when it's all said and done, will have had ONE exceptional season as a Sooner. Don't give me the old "only because he got hurt" excuse either. Injury is a part of the game and that excuse makes as much sense as saying Nate Hybl would have been the greatest quaterback of all time if only he had thrown for more yards. Real numbers and speculation based on expectation are two totally different things.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/23/2006, 02:41 PM
He is 100 or so yards off one of the greatest running backs in the history of college football and if he were to come back next year he would have a legit shot at the NCAA Rushing record...what has been disappointing?

Crimsontothecore
12/23/2006, 03:51 PM
He is 100 or so yards off one of the greatest running backs in the history of college football and if he were to come back next year he would have a legit shot at the NCAA Rushing record...what has been disappointing?
If, If, If......If if's and but's were candies and nuts....you know the saying.
Where's his Heisman "if" he's the all everything you think he is?

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/23/2006, 04:10 PM
Greg Pruitt was a ****ty running back, he never won a heisman. Tommy McDonald was ****ty he never won a heisman. LaDanlian Tomlinson is ****ty he never won a heisman. I can do this all day....

setem
12/23/2006, 05:57 PM

OUr Running game has done OK with out him but they are doing it by committee. AD was throwing up nasty numbers before he went down.

I do remember the kid setting an NCAA rushing record for freshmen and giving the best showing in the Heisman race any freshem ever had before him!

He did not get all the touches last season he had an injury to deal with! Do you not remember the "I'm Baaaack" picture?

The injuries he gets could happen to anyone. Can you imagine the kinda yards he would have if he had stayed healthy?

The kind is a monster you are fighting a losing battle! Go cheer for BSU if you dont like him!

Stitch Face
12/23/2006, 06:14 PM
ONE player who, when it's all said and done, will have had ONE exceptional season as a Sooner.

Doesn't this statement, combined with the fact that he's still about to overtake OU's all-time leading rusher make your whole argument...idiotic?

I mean, he's had very little playing time as far as an entire college career is concerned - "one exceptional season" as you put it. And yet he's still gained as much ground as did Sims.

If I had done that I'd be hyping myself until I was hoarse, Heisman or no Heisman (or whatever standard you're using to measure great players.)

Are you simply offended that he didn't entertain you as long as he might have? If so, doesn't that make you some kind of fairweather super-tool fan?

:confused:

GottaHavePride
12/23/2006, 07:35 PM
Y'all realize you're still arguing with someone who won't be posting for a few days, right?

BudSooner
12/23/2006, 09:21 PM
There are alot of players who wish like hell they could have the seasons he has had even when you include the injuries, to act like he is a guy who is going to sit around and wonder what if is stupid.
What he has meant to the team can never be argued with, as mentioned above- a team player who doesn't put his desires above the team and a guy who can show the young guys coming in the kind of hard work it takes to play for coach Stoops. a true talent that busts his *** day in and day out.....quality student, quality player.

There, I think i'm done.

Texas Golfer
12/23/2006, 09:39 PM

If only Heisman winners are considered good football players, I guess only 0.001% of all football players that have ever played could be considered good in your eyes.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/24/2006, 12:48 AM
If only Heisman winners are considered good football players, I guess only 0.001% of all football players that have ever played could be considered good in your eyes.

I know I would take Andre Ware over Joe Washington any day!!!! Sarcasm implied

josh09
12/24/2006, 12:50 AM
This thread title makes me sick

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/24/2006, 03:00 PM
This is the gheyest thread over...but what the hell...lets keep it going.

Lets see AD finishes what 2nd or 3rd in the Heisman voting as a freshman and probably would have won it excpet he didn't start his first 2-3 games. He is 151 yards from passing Billy FREAKING Simms as the all-time OU rusher and if he came back next year he would stand a good chance of breaking the NCAA rushing record....by about his 10th game. Barring his injuries that last couple years he might have been within about 400 yards of the record IN 3 YEARS!

I say we tar and feather the guy and run him out of town.

sooner518
12/24/2006, 03:11 PM
how is this guy still in the green? and why cant I neg him?

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/24/2006, 03:15 PM
YOu can't neg someone that is baned ;)

josh09
12/24/2006, 08:07 PM
wow how can this guy say this crap

just wow