PDA

View Full Version : Products that work and have surprised you

Geekboy
9/7/2006, 07:06 PM
Those Mr. Clean Duo cleaning bars are so good it's bizarre.

When you pull them out you would think they are totally lame. The stains they get up is alarming!

My wife set down a cast iron skillet on our counter top about a year ago and it left a slight rust stain that I couldn't get up with anything. I tried SOS pads, etc. and it wouldn't budge. It wasn't a dark horrible stain but you could see it.

Then she got this Mr. Clean deal that seems so soft and worthless. I ran it over that stain and it COMPLETELY disappeared!

PhilTLL
9/7/2006, 07:11 PM
Then she got this Mr. Clean deal that seems so soft and worthless. I ran it over that stain and it COMPLETELY disappeared!

It's the 15% HCl. You might want to wash your hands.

LilSooner
9/7/2006, 07:14 PM
Tide to go pens rmfo!

I love those.

proud gonzo
9/7/2006, 08:07 PM
Diet Coke + Mentos

they should start marketing those things together. :D

royalfan5
9/7/2006, 08:10 PM
Johnny Walker Scotch. At first it tasted like gasoline, and then it's the best thing in the world.

whatsername
9/7/2006, 08:10 PM
Tide to go pens rmfo!

I love those.

Finally bought one a couple weeks ago and wouldn't you know it... I suddenly seem able to eat without dripping something on myself! :mad:

One of these days I'll get to test it out. I can't be lucky forever.

Geekboy
9/7/2006, 08:25 PM
Johnny Walker Scotch. At first it tasted like gasoline, and then it's the best thing in the world.
I wish I liked scotch. I envy you. The variety is mind boggling.

Geekboy
9/7/2006, 08:26 PM
Diet Coke + Mentos

they should start marketing those things together. :D
They should use that combo in Iraq. Deadly.

Penguin
9/7/2006, 08:26 PM
Soap

Geekboy
9/7/2006, 08:27 PM
It's the 15% HCl. You might want to wash your hands.
Bummer hearing that! I ate one hoping to clear out any polyps I might have.

OhU1
9/7/2006, 08:27 PM
Glucosomine (sp?) vet supply medicine used for a pet dog. 13 year old Basett Hound was able to magically start climbing stairs after he had quit doing so 2 years previously. We did not encourage the dog to climb the stairs he just starting doing it again and quit limping around because apparently he now felt good enough to do it again.

I'm impressed because you cannot fool an animal by giving it a placebo. This medicine worked like the fountain of youth.

Our beloved Bassett was "put to sleep" at age 15 years, 2 months last week. His age was like 125 in Bassett Hound years. Even on his last day he attempted to climb the stairs.

Jerk
9/7/2006, 08:31 PM
Simple Green cleaner. Non-toxic, non-hazardous. Best one I've used for carpet.

The AK-47 Assault Rifle - the most successful 'point and click' interface in the world. (not my personal favorite, though)

BoogercountySooner
9/7/2006, 08:41 PM
Extra Large Condom's who'd a thunk it!:D

r5TPsooner
9/7/2006, 08:50 PM
TIVO/DVR