PDA

View Full Version : Offensive gameplan for UW

OK2LA
9/7/2006, 05:44 PM
I expect that we will probably see a very similar gameplan for UW in regards to getting our offense up and running.

News Flash! A.D. is good, and Defenses will try to stack the line to stop him.

K.W. will get ENA in more roll-out situations where he has that option to pass/run. I think that- pass will be our first option to try to get that secondary to loosen up a bit, and stop "cheating" up for help with the run.

I think that A.P. will likely get a few more touches in the first half, but I wouldn't expect a RUN HEAVY offense right out of the gate. I really think that the offensive coaching staff feels that if P.T. hits a pass or two (and he is very capable of this) - outside of that 10 yard range, and early - it will open up lanes for A.P. - All Day . . . . oh, how funny - I just got that . . . hehe.

If our receivers give P.T. any help, and ENA gets the ball in the general vicinity to them like he did in the UAB game, I think that we will have a decidedly better game against the Huskies.

I expect P.T. to feel a little more comfortable in the pocket, and would really like to see him duck-n-run in more of a re-active role.

Let me know your thoughts on how you see the game going . . .

:pop:

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/7/2006, 06:04 PM
Allan Patrick wont be playing a lot, but who knows?

soonersam
9/7/2006, 06:28 PM
just win.. show it all against Oregon

AZSOONER
9/7/2006, 06:53 PM
Stoops commented last year how he passed early to tire the D, then he hit them with a heavy dose of AD once they were tired, maybe that's the early gameplan again.

mojohornfan
9/7/2006, 07:37 PM
Run AD on 1st.
Run AD on 2nd.
Chuck and Duck on 3rd.
Punt!

:D

AlbqSooner
9/7/2006, 07:41 PM
Run AD on 1st.
Run AD on 2nd.
Chuck and Duck on 3rd.
Punt!

:D
I am surprised you still post here after taking the head coaches job out west.

westcoast_sooner
9/7/2006, 09:40 PM
The thing that KW did well in the Holiday Bowl and again last week was mix it up on 1st and 2nd downs. If ENA can make some good throws early, the UW defense will have to respect that a little and may back off enough to give AD a little more room.

Also, if ENA can roll with some pass/run options, some of the pressure has to be taken off of AD. We may also see KW call more of the AD on the corner. If we can get good blocking on the edge, AD can make the defenders miss and break off some big gains.