PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point announces 17th roller coaster

SteelPanz
9/7/2006, 01:49 PM
http://maverick.cedarpoint.com

Nothing in terms of breaking records, but it should be a great, smooth ride that's consistently fast and has 2 launching points. The max speed is only 70 mph, but the whole track layout just looks very smooth and spread out over several acres.

There are quite a few videos available on there to see as well as pictures, facts, blog updates, etc. But it looks like it'll be a good little coaster to ride. It also complements the Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster

OhU1
9/7/2006, 03:29 PM
Too many roller coasters. Every other ride is a roller coaster at 6 flags. Fun for awhile then a creeping feeling like sour stomach acid after a night of heavy drinking and too little sleep starts to prevade your senses.

Cam
9/9/2006, 05:42 PM
I've got to get to Cedar Point some day. Buddy of mine and his family go every Labor Day and absolutely love it.

I loves dem roller coasters.

BoogercountySooner
9/9/2006, 06:22 PM
I don't care how many times this gets posted thats awesome news!:D

KaiserSooner
9/9/2006, 09:51 PM
That is awesome. I've never been, but I've always wanted to go to Cedar Point. Roller coasters are the only reason I go to amusement parks, so it sounds like my kinda place.

HoserSooner
9/9/2006, 10:45 PM
We saw them putting the foundations in for that thing when we were there in June.

We'll be there with bells on for that sucker....well worth the $$$ IMO.

noleamite
9/9/2006, 11:21 PM
Cedar Point is great..went there about 5 years ago and rode the Millenium Force 92 MPH. I think it remains the second fastest in the world. If you like roller coasters it is definitely the best park hands down. My only gripe are the hotels around Sandusky OH are awful. I had to cancel my reservation when got to our room $149 bucks a night for a room that smelled like a ashtray. Ended up driving 30 minutes east right outside of cleaveland and got a great deal at the Court Yard for $69 bucks a night. But if you ever get a chance to go Cedar Point is a fun place.

PhilTLL
9/10/2006, 12:19 AM
Man. Occasionally it makes sense to say "I wish I lived in Ohio."

HoserSooner
9/10/2006, 09:28 PM
Cedar Point is great..went there about 5 years ago and rode the Millenium Force 92 MPH. I think it remains the second fastest in the world. If you like roller coasters it is definitely the best park hands down. My only gripe are the hotels around Sandusky OH are awful. I had to cancel my reservation when got to our room $149 bucks a night for a room that smelled like a ashtray. Ended up driving 30 minutes east right outside of cleaveland and got a great deal at the Court Yard for $69 bucks a night. But if you ever get a chance to go Cedar Point is a fun place.

We managed to get a package deal, that cost $500 Cdn. for three nights and included park passes and some meals in the park. Hotels on the grounds are decent, and if you only need a place to sleep and shower, then it's a steal.

I do know that they have some rooms that offer a bit more, but I'm not there to watch TV and sit around in the room anyways.

dolemitesooner
9/10/2006, 09:43 PM
I need to go to Cedar point ...Oklahoma needs to have a football game close to there