PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever gotten a bill from a movie rental place?

Osce0la
9/7/2006, 01:29 PM
I received a bill for late return charges for movies I rented like a month ago. I don't rent movies very often, and plan to pay the late fees the next time I do rent one...It had a number I could call and they could use my debit card to make the payments, or I could mail the stub in with a check and they could accept the payment that way...I just thought it was odd that they sent me a bill asking me to pay the late fees.

Paperclip
9/7/2006, 01:32 PM
I got a "friendly reminder" to return a movie we returned a month ago. My wife rented "Rumor Has It". I called them and told them if I was going to keep a movie it sure wouldn't be that one.

Boomer.....
9/7/2006, 01:40 PM
I get calls from Blockbuster reminding me to take the movie back before it is even due. I can't figure it out. They say that I will have to buy the movie if it is not returned in about a week.

BeetDigger
9/7/2006, 01:49 PM
Norm hates Walmart, I hate Blockbuster. I refuse to ever rent a movie from them again.

BudSooner
9/7/2006, 02:10 PM
Blockbuster sucks, I wouldn't even buy a movie there let alone rent from them.

King Crimson
9/7/2006, 02:12 PM
i got a letter from a nearby but pretty crappy vid store i used to go to when i lived in a diff neighborhood--the letter was from Dothan, Alabama (I'm in Colorado). next time i went in to the store, they were happy to let me pay then and re-activate my account.

Osce0la
9/7/2006, 02:29 PM
I got a "friendly reminder" to return a movie we returned a month ago. My wife rented "Rumor Has It". I called them and told them if I was going to keep a movie it sure wouldn't be that one.
If we're late returning a movie, we'll take it back, and then about a week and a half later we get something in the mail telling us we still have the movie out and that we need to return it...Every time.