TopDaugIn2000
9/7/2006, 12:37 PM
Me: "Hello"
BB: "This is Best Buy, we need to schedule a delivery"
Me: "who?"
BB: "Best buy, your new TV is to be delivered today"
Me: "Uhhhhh, it was delivered on the 27th already"
BB: "HUH?"
Me: "yeah, it was a special delivery, I already have it"........while KICKING MYSELF FOR BEING SO ****ING HONEST
BB: "Um, ok, so you already have your TV?"
Me: "yeah"
BB: "Then are we supposed to come do an installation?"
Me: "no, I took care of that"

When I purchased the TV Aug 24th they scheduled the delivery for today (9/7) but I pitched a fit insisting that I MUST have it by the first game, so they found one in another store and did a special delivery for me that following sunday. Guess they never updated their computers that I had gotten it though. I HATE myself for having morals.

colleyvillesooner
9/7/2006, 12:39 PM
You did the right thing. They would have figured it out.

BeetDigger
9/7/2006, 12:39 PM
Should have had them deliver it to Norm. He doesn't dislike them. A free TV may actually make him like them. A lot.

TopDaugIn2000
9/7/2006, 12:43 PM
You did the right thing. They would have figured it out.

yeah, that's what I figured. would have been nice for tailgates though!

Norm In Norman
9/7/2006, 12:47 PM
Should have had them deliver it to Norm. He doesn't dislike them. A free TV may actually make him like them. A lot.
**** YEAH!

NormanPride
9/7/2006, 01:02 PM
No, the free TV wouldn't work, and teh delivery guys would break something while delivering the TV. Then Norm would be charged with fraud and have to spend more money on legal fees. Sorry Norm.

proud gonzo
9/7/2006, 01:31 PM
I think they might have noticed when you asked them to carry it in and set it down next to the other identical tv

Norm In Norman
9/7/2006, 01:46 PM
No, the free TV wouldn't work, and teh delivery guys would break something while delivering the TV. Then Norm would be charged with fraud and have to spend more money on legal fees. Sorry Norm.
killjoy.

TopDaugIn2000
9/7/2006, 01:54 PM
I think they might have noticed when you asked them to carry it in and set it down next to the other identical tv

Oh I could've managed to get it into another room before they got there....

handcrafted
9/7/2006, 02:54 PM
Oh I could've managed to get it into another room before they got there....

Yes, well, as others have said, they would have caught the mistake on their inventory software, and, well, you know, it's kind of a crime, as such. Could be a felony, even, depending on how much the TV is worth. So good on you.

tbl
9/7/2006, 03:01 PM
They wouldn't have caught you, but you definitely did the right thing. I had Rooms to Go bring over a big replacement piece to my coffee table that was damaged, and they ended up sending me 3 of them via UPS. I called them after the second one, and then called them again after the third, but they said to go ahead and keep them (each time).

With the TV, they probably would have written it off as a mistake on the warehouse guys. Still, you did the right thing.