PDA

View Full Version : 2008 scholarship offers going out already...

The Consumate Showman
9/7/2006, 12:21 PM
So far these are the kids that have gotten scholarship offers for the 2008 year: Justin Johnson, Arthur Brown, Stephen Good, and soon to come will be J.B. Shugarts, ? Williams, ? Snow, Jameel Owens, and 2 more that I can't think of right now for the life of me...I'll update it later. But this class might blow the doors off the class we had with AD and any other top class we've had in the past. JJ is a freakazoid and the OL we are looking at are rediculous and Jameel Owens just has BIG TIME PLAYMAKER written all over him. Plus, the rumor mill going is that JJ has been recruiting for us along with Shugarts and Good. Should be an interesting class to watch...:pop:

The Consumate Showman
9/7/2006, 03:29 PM
The other kids were John Williams, David Snow, Stacey McGee, and Tony Gillespie. Also, Ben Habern is another name being thrown around for an early offer...

soonerthanu
9/7/2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks dude, appreciate the info

CoSooner
9/7/2006, 05:16 PM
How many scholarship do we have to offer in 2008?

The Consumate Showman
9/7/2006, 07:41 PM
How many scholarship do we have to offer in 2008?

More than this year. I haven;t done the math, but I think the number should be around 20. I'll get back to you on that one.

Ash
9/7/2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the updates tCSM!

snp
9/8/2006, 09:38 AM
Snow and Johnson are both teammates from Gilmer.

Other guys from Gilmer include Kinne (QB/LB Baylor bound), Curtis Brown (CB/WR Texas bound) and our own Manuel Johnson.

stoopified
9/8/2006, 10:01 AM
Cool

The Consumate Showman
9/8/2006, 04:48 PM
Snow and Johnson are both teammates from Gilmer.

Other guys from Gilmer include Kinne (QB/LB Baylor bound), Curtis Brown (CB/WR Texas bound) and our own Manuel Johnson.

Gilmer is turning into football town USA...

Manuel being from Gilmer and JJ's cuz should go a LONG way with OU. JJ is a great kid and has POTENTIAL SUPERSTAR written all over him...

westcoast_sooner
9/19/2006, 11:50 PM
Would like info on the number of scholarships we have for 2007 - I can check Rivals for the commit list.

The Consumate Showman
9/20/2006, 12:57 PM
Would like info on the number of scholarships we have for 2007 - I can check Rivals for the commit list.

Number looks like it might be something like 18 right now...I think that would be the ceiling for this class...considering AD leaves early.