PDA

View Full Version : Just signed on to this petition,because i hate the new clock rules

Hatfield
9/7/2006, 10:00 AM
http://wehatethenewclockrules.com/process_signup.php

it completely kills the team trying to make a comeback

BoonesFarmSooner
9/7/2006, 10:13 AM
Oklahoma State already has 34 signatures...

Stupid pokes, the clock rules help the underdogs by shortening the game...

BigUgly
9/7/2006, 10:18 AM
I'm in. Mark me down for a 5...

Hatfield
9/7/2006, 10:21 AM
i hate these new rules more than i hate the whorns.

idiotic that a team that is trying to make a comeback has to burn a timeout after a change of possession late in the game.

Landthief 1972
9/7/2006, 10:22 AM
Sorry, it's a waste of time. The NCAA did it for money for the networks. Neither give two ****s about any of us.

SoonerLB
9/7/2006, 02:14 PM
Landthief hits the nail on the head, dead square!

PrideAlum
9/7/2006, 03:42 PM
Worthless probably, worth a shot, definitely.

CrimsonChampion
9/7/2006, 04:30 PM
Got my sig

I wouldn't have believed the clock rules if I hadn't seen them for myself saturday.

Makes no sense and I'm scared ncaa football is gonna eventually be ruined just like pro sports, and without OU football, I have nothing to get pumped about.

Nothing else matters

sooner969
9/7/2006, 05:21 PM
These new rules were made by some *** in a clown suit that never played football and quite honestly doesn't like football. As a matter of fact he was probably picked on by football players and now sits in his office popping his zits and trying to figure out how to ruin the best game ever invented. If they wanna shorten the games quit making me watch some damn insurance commercial starring llittle richard 47 times a game.

Texas Golfer
9/7/2006, 05:47 PM
Signing a petition is a waste of time. I hate the new rule but I hate the "intentional non-grounding grounding" rule more.

I don't give a damn if the QB is out of the pocket or not or outside the tackles. If a defensive lineman worked so hard to get to the QB, he should be allowed to complete the sack. The QB wears a helmet and pads, too. If he wants to claim that he's a football player, he should be willing to be tackled.

It's even more important with the advent of the mobile QB. They roll out, fake like they're going to throw it into the stands, the DL stops as not to get a penalty, and the QB runs down the sidelines for a TD. Vince Young did it to OSU for an 80 yard TD. It happens more than I care to count.

If the QB isn't throwing to a legitimate receiver, he's grounding the ball. PERIOD!

SoonerDude
9/7/2006, 06:04 PM
Here's a way to get a lot of signatures:

WeHateTheNewClockRules.com is mentioned in an article on Digg.com in the Sports category, but it hasn't made it to the front page yet, if enough people "Digg" the article, it will make it to the front page and be seen by millions of people.

You have to register to Digg the article, but if you want to get a lot of signatures, this is the way to do it.

Digg article (http://digg.com/football/Don_t_Like_The_New_Clock_Rules_in_College_Football )

Earickson
9/7/2006, 06:06 PM
I won't sign even though I hate the rule.

Landthief made this point earlier and it is the only thing that will cause change.

If networks see they are losing money and can single out this new rule as the culprit, then it would change.

But more than likely, if the major networks see a dent in their bottom lines they will just change something else. Eventually, college football will be all about the $$$$ just like the pros, and fans will be told what to like and not like.

If that sounds horrible to you, then I would find something else to live for because change cannot be stopped.