PDA

View Full Version : In addition to being a D-1A whipping boy

Okla-homey
9/7/2006, 04:33 AM
My D-1AA alma mater now enjoys another NCAA distinction. Rec'd this in an email from the athu-letic department...

We actually own an NCAA distinction of being the program that has the largest ratio of home attendance to graduates in all of college football!

I have no idea how they calculate this. If its true, IMHO, it's prolly mostly because no one would care enough to go to our games at home unless he actually graduated from the joint and undergraduates are required to attend home games thus it sort of becomes a habit.;)

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2006, 05:06 AM
My D-1AA alma mater now enjoys another NCAA distinction. Rec'd this in an email from the athu-letic department...

I have no idea how they calculate this. If its true, IMHO, it's prolly mostly because no one would care enough to go to our games at home unless he actually graduated from the joint and undergraduates are required to attend home games thus it sort of becomes a habit.;)

What is your alma mater?

Okla-homey
9/7/2006, 06:04 AM
What is your alma mater?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1032/citadelsealbluezl6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

We also have the only college stadium in America still named for a Confederate general ( Johnson Hagood, Class of 1858.)

"The fact that we are probably the only I-AA football program in America playing against all six BCS conferences during this time frame is a testimony to the respect The Citadel has as an institution throughout the country."
Athletics Director Les Robinson

Personally I think its more about racking up some sweet gate moolah to make the D-1AA football program pay for itself:D

The Citadel BCS Football Schedule

2006 - Texas A&M; Pittsburgh
2007 - Wisconsin
2008 - Clemson; Florida
2009 - North Carolina; South Carolina
2010 - Arizona

TheHumanAlphabet
9/7/2006, 10:00 AM
The Citadel is a good school. My brother was recruited to The Citadel (football), but he wanted to be an engineer and didn't want to play football. He went to Tech, I guess he could have still done both there...Boda Bing. The Citadel is kinda like ATM, only without the cult...So what do they call the "corps" there?

OUinFLA
9/7/2006, 10:20 AM
Jedi

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2006, 04:39 PM
The Citadel is a good school. My brother was recruited to The Citadel (football), but he wanted to be an engineer and didn't want to play football. He went to Tech, I guess he could have still done both there...Boda Bing. The Citadel is kinda like ATM, only without the cult and legitimately military instead of playing toy soldier...So what do they call the "corps" there?

Fixed.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/7/2006, 04:45 PM
Nuh uh, you din't say it....

SOONERKAT
9/7/2006, 04:52 PM
Interesting story from this last weekend. My family and I stayed at the Del Lago "resort" at Lake Conroe for Labor Day weekend (in-laws have a place there). The Citadel Football team was staying there as well ahead of thier game against the sheep-shaggers in Collie Station. We rode up the elevator with some of the coaching staff and some players a couple of times Friday and Saturday. All very respectful and polite. I was decked out in my full-on OU gear Saturday morning, and a couple of the boys on the team were asking me about OU's chances and weather or not I had ever been to a game at Kyle. I have been to about three games there and told them that they had their hands full, but wished them luck and stated that I hoped they beat the hell outa' atm.

Unfortunately, we all know how the game turned out, but I was very impressed with all of the guys I met. Good men there and fearless. They were not the least bit concerned with playing the cult at their house.

reevie
9/7/2006, 05:04 PM
Are they still using folding metal chairs for the fans to sit in?