PDA

View Full Version : Ohio state vs texas prediction

mikeb
9/6/2006, 10:23 PM
I say the horns lose this one 24-14. Although it would be best if texas was to win this one for us.

goingoneight
9/6/2006, 10:25 PM
Ohio State versus who? I thought VY graduated, sorta.

Sooner Sig Ep
9/6/2006, 10:28 PM
I hope the whorns lose by a hunnerd....

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/6/2006, 10:31 PM
Im torn on this one. Not because of my dislike of both teams, but rather a potential close game.

Two possibilities......UT wins by a field goal

OR.............TOSU wins by 9

Blue
9/6/2006, 10:35 PM
I predict whoever loses, I will be happy.

lufkinaggie07
9/6/2006, 10:36 PM
tOSU 17-10, should be a good game though.

Earickson
9/6/2006, 10:36 PM
14-10 at the half with TX on top.

Final 28-27, Texas.

Snrfn4ever08
9/6/2006, 10:39 PM
tOSU hooks the whorns, but i'm not sure by how much. i don't really care.

Ash
9/6/2006, 10:42 PM
Sweatervests: 23
Yeller-teeth 'n' cotton mouth: 16

:mack:

sooner n houston
9/6/2006, 10:53 PM
Bonghorns 17 bucknuts 24

msteudem
9/6/2006, 11:20 PM
Longhorns 38
Buckeyes 35

tbl
9/6/2006, 11:24 PM
tOSU - 17
fags - 16

salth2o
9/6/2006, 11:27 PM
Bonghorns 17 bucknuts 24

Catch that on 610 this morning? I almost spilled my coffee when I heard it!

tOSU 24
ut 22

I will take the Under 50.5 for $100 Alex!

sooner94
9/6/2006, 11:46 PM
I think it will be a low scoring game- 17-14 ish. I think the Horns pull it out.

VY was the difference maker at the Shoe last year. tOSU doesn't have anyone that can take over the game like that. Yeah, Smith and Ginn are studs but I think the Texas D will keep them in check.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/6/2006, 11:48 PM
tOSU : 24
whorns: 9

Three field goals for tejas.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/6/2006, 11:52 PM
The difference-maker has left the 'Horns. The difference-maker is back for the Buckeyes. And welcome to real DI football Colt McCoy.

Buckeyes 27, Longhorns 13.

westcoast_sooner
9/6/2006, 11:58 PM
I see a couple picks in young Colt's future. tOSU D is a might better than North Texas. Should be a great game - both teams are loaded with talent. VY was the difference maker last year, and Colt won't be able to hold a candle. Mack will have to figure out how not to coach again....
tOSU returns the favor from last year and wins in Austin.

tOSU - 24
UT - 17

dolemitesooner
9/7/2006, 12:10 AM
Osu wins I dont know the score but they will win

TrophyCollector
9/7/2006, 01:35 AM
The texass D won't look quite so good as they did against post-Patrick Cobss / injured starting QB North Texaassess - then add in the fact they have a starting DB in the county jail. Smith to Ginn X 3.

Gay - 31
Gayest - 20

Blues1
9/7/2006, 05:04 AM
The Nation falls asleep ---- :D

Ohio State 2
Browniees 0

auto
9/7/2006, 06:10 AM
mixed feelings on this one sort of like smellsofbourbon driving off a cliff..... in my brand new Porsche

BIG_IKE
9/7/2006, 06:32 AM
should be close...
VY is gone..
but then again so is the LB's from tOSU that made it a game.
The way I see it is...they ar ein austin...Texas Defense is better this year, and tOSU's defense is not. I'm gonna say 21-10 shorthorns.

GDC
9/7/2006, 08:02 AM
World Picks: New problems arise in Picker's world of wonder
By TULSA WORLD PICKER
9/7/2006

Ten debacles:

10. New OU home uniforms

You can fail to cover running backs drifting out of the backfield.

You can run every time out of the "I" and throw every time out of the shotgun.

But this football program needs no cosmetic makeover.

9. Men's tennis

What's-his-name won again.

8. ESPN anchors

Nerds on parade.

7. Little League baseball on TV

Just what we need, brats acting out for attention.

6. Fantasy football

Go to Vegas and put down a bet like a man.

5. Golf equipment

What's that he's swinging at that golf ball, a ham hock?

4. Fishing tournaments on TV

Proof that a television camera could ruin just about anything.

Noise, greed -- perfect for a lazy afternoon at the lake.

3. A national ranking for high school football teams

Besides being a little seedy, it's impossible.

It's like

trying to rank Sunday school classes.

2. Euro-golfers

These guys leave their $10 million mansions in Florida and get in America's face at the Ryder Cup.

All they can do is Bubba Golf where you alternate shots, stuff you see at the municipal courses.

1. NBA

Oklahoma City lied. It said there was a big league sport in town.

There isn't.

A big league sport is the best of its type.

The NBA is a third-rate league off a bronze medal in the world games.

It's undisciplined street ball with a bunch of suckers paying top dollar for silly dunks.

Not even heaven's gift to basketball, Coach K of Duke, could coax these glory hogs into defending or passing.

Excuse-makers say the USA lost the game it invented because of different rules.

Yeah, the Golden Rule: other teams share.

The Picks

THURSDAY

Miami at the Steelers (-4): Solid teams playing without a key player can usually get by a week or two on guts.

Steelers by 3.

SATURDAY

Washington at OU (-17): The visitors are staggering proof of the cyclical nature of college football success; and how breaking NCAA rules can turn a winning cycle upside-down virtually overnight.

The penalties begin when an opposing coach tells a prized recruit: They probably won't be on probation all that long.

That's a nice opposing coach.

OU seems to be at its most defensive at a Stoops press conference.

Maybe if, on third and 9, 80,000 Sooner fans screamed in unison, SCREEN PASS, a linebacker and a defensive end might have a peek.

The strategy on certain OU pass plays seems to be: Quarterback Thompson tries to bean a star defender with a fast ball and knock him out of the contest.

OU by 21.

Tulsa at BYU (-6): Not on television -- what is this, Cuba?

It's a good thing TU's Bruce "The Referee Spotted The Ball A Half Inch Too Far Back" Howard is a top-flight announcer.

BYU appeared to be the better team versus Stoops Extra Strength.

The only flaw is no special runner.

The Cougars could be the best local K has faced as head coach.

TU's game plan simple to express: Play perfectly.

Hangover from Arizona game would help, but Mormons don't have hangovers, do they?

BYU by 13.

Oklahoma State (-14) at Arkansas State: Don't laugh too much, this foe could be the best team in Arkansas.

O-State caught a break when it was revealed fourth chump foe Houston has no defense.

Very impressed with Arkansas State tearing down posts inside an hour after defeating Army -- what's the student body, couple of hundred? Cowboy Mystery Tour continues.

OSU by 17.

Penn State at Notre Dame (-8): Have Notre Dame coach rated second best behind USC's.

Pappy Joe looking spry -- very little he hasn't seen on a football field.

Including wooden goal posts.

Notre Dame by 7.

Colorado State (-1) versus Colorado in Denver: National humiliation aside, still have to like new Buff coach's plan of spiritual bonding instead of bail-bonding.

Tiny number hints of trap.

State by 4.

Arizona at LSU (-14): Stoops Extra Strength in for it here.

LSU by 20.

Georgia (-2) at South Carolina: Old ball coach on his fifth visor already.

Home team by 3.

Ohio State at Texas (-2): Winner has boot up on national title game.

Sounds like we like Texas doesn't it.

Gun and dope charges against Longhorn starter isolated case?

Texas by 4.

Texas Tech (-7) at UTEP: Leach, the TCU coach, and Tulsa's K again sound like the nation's most likely for huge job jump.

Short number gives UTEP a chance.

Tech by 9.

Oregon (-4) at Fresno: Guess the future OU foe isn't such a world-beater after all -- favored by less than a touchdown.

Clash of uniform colors -- raspberry and slime green -- could be offensive.

Oregon by 1.

SUNDAY

Cincinnati at the Chiefs (-3): Must-play-defense game, if not must-win game, for Chiefs.

KC by 6.

Dallas at Jacksonville (-2 1/2): Vaguely recall hearing somebody say Parcells was an outstanding coach.

Dallas by 2.

Indianapolis (-3) at the Giants: Poutin' Manning versus his brother.

Forget the big one, Poutin' hasn't won the middle-sized one.

Indy by 2.

MONDAY

Vikings at the Redskins (-4): Monday night doubleheader.

Here's a good question: Why?

Perhaps because it will take these four teams two games to produce an average amount of decent plays.

Imagine a 100-yard dash between quarterbacks Brunell and Johnson.

Home team by 3.

Chargers (-3) at the Raiders: Old guys in the end zone looking like KISS is getting to be a sad sight.

Raiders by 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected].

BoonesFarmSooner
9/7/2006, 08:07 AM
tOSU can't stop the Texas running game.

Whorns control the clock and win 27-17.

C&CDean
9/7/2006, 08:22 AM
I can very honestly state that I couldn't give a **** about this game. At all.

bstuff1979
9/7/2006, 08:28 AM
the university of C-Bus named after a piosonous nut or a fat, lethargic, orange man-cow? While my disdain for the bucks is only a mild one and my loathing for that other team is like a cornucopia of obscenity, I still think orange cow wins. OSU has lost the majority of the starting D, and that was the team's strength last year. Not only that, they lost the team leadership of AJ Hawk and company. Talent alone can't replace that, you can see that from the OU offense last year without JWhite. No Vince Young hurts orange cow, but they're not facing the D that they had to last year either. I think that Charles, if he doesn't follow tradition and get busted for smoking pot like many past and present orange cow rb's, will tear the tosu D a new one. UT 41 tOSU 28

TexasLidig8r
9/7/2006, 08:48 AM
My Fat, Lethargic, Orange Men Cows 31

The Swing State Aggy Poisonous Nuts 20

soonervegas
9/7/2006, 09:11 AM
Texas - 21
OSU - 20

JonnyRed
9/7/2006, 09:13 AM
Texas will cover the -2.5

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/7/2006, 09:26 AM
I say the horns lose this one 24-14. Although it would be best if texas was to win this one for us.

But they are getting close to our 47-game winning streak:rolleyes: :pop:

Light Beer
9/7/2006, 09:32 AM
Did anybody actually watch last years game in Columbus? Vince was anything but stellar in that game. He was hardly the difference maker the way he was against USC. He made some mistakes that gave the Buckeyes a short field several times. The Defense won that game and will do it again Saturday.

Texas 28
tOSU 16

The Maestro
9/7/2006, 09:49 AM
Have you guys seen Troy Smith? Dude dominates this game.

Ohio State - 24, Texas - 17

BIG_IKE
9/7/2006, 10:11 AM
Did anybody actually watch last years game in Columbus? Vince was anything but stellar in that game. He was hardly the difference maker the way he was against USC. He made some mistakes that gave the Buckeyes a short field several times. The Defense won that game and will do it again Saturday.

Texas 28
tOSU 16

Ohio State did shut Vince down last year....but the OSU defense got torched for well over 200 in the air and over 100 on the ground. And Ted Ginn and Troy Smith were shut down last year too. Especially Ginn. He was only able to make a catch twice.

BIG_IKE
9/7/2006, 10:21 AM
After further analysis...
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/000_stats/05/ut2.htm
I see that OHio State only scored one touchdown last year in the horseshoe.
The rest were all field goals. Imagine if those had been all touchdowns? Nevertheless, the defense held. I think this is gonna be a higher score than most think, but something tells me tOSU's offense and defense are gonna have to be stellar.

Veritas
9/7/2006, 10:25 AM
UT is going down. VY was the whole team. End of story.

tOSU - 35
UT - 10

Soonerus
9/7/2006, 10:28 AM
Ohio State 3, Texas 0...

JohnnyMack
9/7/2006, 10:28 AM
tOSU 21
Saxet 23

sooner94
9/7/2006, 10:42 AM

Texas 28
tOSU 16

Yeah, I did watch the game. You are partially correct, VY did make mistakes in that game. But then he went 80 yards in the last 2 minutes on the road in front of 90,000 fans. I thought he took over the game at that point.

Tear Down This Wall
9/7/2006, 11:02 AM
Maurice Clarett's Felony Training Ground - 37
Marijuana Mack's Boyz - 13

Cosmo Kramer
9/7/2006, 11:06 AM
Buckeyes-17
Horns-14

Funky G
9/7/2006, 11:13 AM
Difference in big games is defense and QB. Texas has the defense, OSU had the QB.

Ohio State: 28
Texas: 21

hybridworks
9/7/2006, 11:14 AM
I can very honestly state that I couldn't give a **** about this game. At all.

Its one of our few chances to make it back to the top 5 and we need it... I want tejas to win only b/c of our soon to be victory in the RRS. Sad to say but by the looks of it now, if we arent top 5, we will be shafted out of the bcs and look like the Ducks of last year minus a loss in our bowl game...

daddywarbucks
9/7/2006, 11:26 AM
Any chance a canister of poison gas gets spilled?....no?....Slowhio pulls it off....but im pulling for the gas canister...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/7/2006, 11:29 AM
Sweatervests: 23
Yeller-teeth 'n' cotton mouth: 16

:mack:Can't improve on this one.

r5TPsooner
9/7/2006, 12:04 PM
I thought Ohio State would win last year and I was wrong. So I'll pick UT to win this year and hopefully I'll be wrong this year too.

SoonerPr8r
9/7/2006, 01:03 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that neither D shows up and the scoring will be in the 30's for both teams and the winner will be the one with the least turnovers.

soonerreign
9/7/2006, 03:07 PM
I hope that the Buckeyes are leading at half and all of their fans that traveled to the game without tickets go in and take the seats vacated by all of UT's bandwagon fans. It is always good to see a sea of red in DKR.

Statalyzer
9/7/2006, 06:12 PM
Newsflash: Texas doesn't have Vince Young

Newsflash II: Ohio State doesn't either.

Texas: 23
Ohio State: 17

soonersam
9/7/2006, 06:25 PM
TheOSU 37
UT 13

trwxxa
9/7/2006, 07:07 PM
If we base it on the number of weapons incidents, drug incidents, plagiarized school work and off campus assaults, Texas University wins in the 3rd OT.:D

If we base it on anything else, I don't really care.

SoonerDood
9/7/2006, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't root for either team to win a spelling contest against Nazi Germany!

nfbuckeye
9/8/2006, 05:59 AM
Greetings Sooners...
Buckeyes- 31
Horns- 23

OUmillenium
9/8/2006, 09:57 AM

No, it is always best for us if the whorns lose as much as possible

Losur = :texan:

Dan Thompson
9/8/2006, 10:02 AM
TOSU - 14

TX =10

FaninAma
9/8/2006, 10:04 AM
Texas has 4 turnovers including 3 interceptions and Ohio State doesn't kick field goals instead of scoring TDs in the redzone this year. Greg Davis returns to the hot seat in Horndom.

UT- 7
tOSU 42.

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 10:35 AM
Horns win and everyone will be surprised how easily it will happen. Jamaal Charles for 200 yds.

UT: 31
tOSU: 17

MRNOTDUCKS
9/8/2006, 10:43 AM
I'm predicting a horns win. (Please note this is the kiss of death to the horns.)

mojohornfan
9/8/2006, 12:05 PM
Our defense is faster than fast. defense wins big games.

Texas defense 14
Ohio offense 10

Final score: UT 31
tOsu 10

That is all!

Ash
9/8/2006, 12:34 PM
Our defense is faster than fast. defense wins big games.

Texas defense 14
Ohio offense 10

Final score: UT 31
tOsu 10

That is all!

Hmmm...don't know about that one...FSU and Miami's D's looked pretty fast, I'm sure there's a couple of SEC teams out there that might have something to say about that as well.

Herr brings up something to think about, though, unless down big early the whorns might try to mostly run the ball instead of exposing their tender young QB to the rude awakening that not all defenses are as slow as unts.

MiccoMacey
9/8/2006, 02:05 PM
I think Chizik is a great DC, but I think tOSU offense is just outstanding.

Throw in TB's dismissal (even though I thought tOSU would win before then), and it's just too much for the Longhorn defensive personnel to handle.

tOSU 31
TU - 21

TexasLidig8r
9/8/2006, 02:31 PM
WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND! MY SON PLAYS TONITE! A NEW BOX OF COHIBAS JUST ARRIVED WITH MY MULE! I'M PICKING UP ANOTHER DOG ON SUNDAY (AN 8 MONTH OLD VISZLA).. AND, I WILL BE ON THE 10 YARD LINE ABOUT 40 ROWS UP FOR THE FIRST REGULAR SEASON NO. 1 VS. NO. 2 IN TEN YEARS.

ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD....

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 02:41 PM
Herr brings up something to think about, though, unless down big early the whorns might try to mostly run the ball instead of exposing their tender young QB to the rude awakening that not all defenses are as slow as unts.
Northern Illinois moved the ball on them last weekend. The Buckeyes missed 20, count them, 20 tackles. That is a bunch. Their LBs and DBs are not the sure tacklers they were last year and their DEs are soft on the edges. We'll pound the ball all day.

Jamaal and Selvin the first 3 quarters and when their D is dog tired, we'll give them big Henry Melton in the 4th.

Ash
9/8/2006, 02:48 PM
Northern Illinois moved the ball on them last weekend. The Buckeyes missed 20, count them, 20 tackles. That is a bunch. Their LBs and DBs are not the sure tacklers they were last year and their DEs are soft on the edges. We'll pound the ball all day.

Jamaal and Selvin the first 3 quarters and when their D is dog tired, we'll give them big Henry Melton in the 4th.

Just pray your D can take of bizness, 'cause their offense is head and shoulders above yours. You'll be playing catch up all day. Take it to the bank.

Octavian
9/8/2006, 02:53 PM
Both defenses play well but Tressel confuses McCoy enough to force a big turnover or two. The absence of T. Brown will be felt at times.

tOSU-27
Tejas-20

Octavian
9/8/2006, 02:55 PM
.....THE FIRST REGULAR SEASON NO. 1 VS. NO. 2 IN TEN YEARS.

<nitpicking> OU vs. Nebraska in 2000 and '01 were both reg. season BCS #1 vs. #2 games <nitpicking>

SapulpaSooner
9/8/2006, 02:55 PM
Ohio State 31 Texas 27

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 03:10 PM
Just pray your D can take of bizness, 'cause their offense is head and shoulders above yours. You'll be playing catch up all day. Take it to the bank.
Our D is fast, fast, fast. And watch for the Griffin twins to hit some people in the mouth. Once you hit Ginn really hard once, he's not the same the rest of the game.

Head and shoulders? I don't think so. Our D is better than theirs too.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 03:14 PM
Our D is fast, fast, fast. And watch for the Griffin twins to hit some people in the mouth. Once you hit Ginn really hard once, he's not the same the rest of the game.

Head and shoulders? I don't think so. Our D is better than theirs too.

What would the score have been if NIU were to play North Saxet?

I'd say NIU 28
North Saxet 10.

North Saxet is a bad football program right now. They're not a very good barometer of anything IMHO.

I had Saxet winning the game by 2 points before the Bonghorns ****ed it all up. Now I'm not so sure.

TexasLidig8r
9/8/2006, 03:14 PM
<nitpicking> OU vs. Nebraska in 2000 and '01 were both reg. season BCS #1 vs. #2 games <nitpicking>

http://www.healthcare.ubc.ca/lice/photo3.jpg

Shouldn't you be out protecting Julius on the high seas from Pirates ? ;)

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 03:35 PM
What would the score have been if NIU were to play North Saxet?

I'd say NIU 28
North Saxet 10.

North Saxet is a bad football program right now. They're not a very good barometer of anything IMHO.
I'd agree with that. We only ran vanilla plays at them though and we totally shut them down.

I had Saxet winning the game by 2 points before the Bonghorns ****ed it all up. Now I'm not so sure.
Bet Texas big. You'll thank me later.

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 03:37 PM
North Texas isn't good but we held them to 8 yards rushing the whole game. That's with Jamarrio Thomas who was the college rush champ year before last.

JohnnyMack
9/8/2006, 03:44 PM
We only ran vanilla plays at them though and we totally shut them down.

Can we borrow your defensive coordinator?

:O

Readyfor8
9/8/2006, 03:46 PM
Herr I'll bet you a box of Cohiba's you lose. You guys aren't that good yet.

GDC
9/8/2006, 03:53 PM
This thread sucks, and smells like cow ****.

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 04:07 PM
Can we borrow your defensive coordinator?

:O
I bet the Chiznit is at Michigan or Miami next year.

Herr Scholz
9/8/2006, 04:08 PM
Herr I'll bet you a box of Cohiba's you lose. You guys aren't that good yet.
I don't bet on my Horns. I'm a big gooch.

Readyfor8
9/8/2006, 04:10 PM
Open bet for anyone box of Cohiba's on Ohio St. straight up.

soonerreign
9/8/2006, 04:52 PM
Open bet for anyone box of Cohiba's on Ohio St. straight up.

Betting a UT fan for contraband cigars. Now what is wrong with this picture. Even if you win, you will certainly lose.;)

BlackShirtBeast
9/8/2006, 08:57 PM
24 osu
3 tex

1991SOONER
9/9/2006, 09:30 AM
31 -- tOSU
21 -- Bonghorns

47straight
9/9/2006, 10:25 AM
I bet the Chiznit is at Michigan or Miami next year.

Good call. Unfortunately that means you will be ****ed.

josh09
9/9/2006, 12:22 PM
OSU-35
UTsucks-24