PDA

View Full Version : Sherrill's Big 12 Power Rankings: Week 1

CoSooner
9/6/2006, 08:55 PM
I don't think this has been posted

#3 Oklahoma (1-0)
I thought Paul Thompson played better than most of the media critics thought he would. He was very productive. Adrian Peterson was able to win the game for them, and he is going to continue to win a lot more games for them. They got caught in the 'catch 22' — do you win this game with Adrian Peterson or do you give valuable experience to Paul Thompson in such a crutial time in the game? On defense, in the spring they knew who their quarterback was and they ran full-speed against Oklahoma's offense. Towards the end of the fall they couldn't do that as Thompson was learning the neuances of Kevin Wilson's offensive schemes, which slowed down the defense. The offense needed time to grow and the defense lacked its agressive nature at full-speed which, created problems for them in the UAB game. A lot is also being made out of Adrian Peterson being an 'I' formation running back and Paul Thompson a "shotgun" quarterback. Let me say as a coach, as well as an analyst, he (Adrian Peterson) can play out of any formation they want. He is that good. He is simply the best in the country.
Last week: 24-17 win over UAB in Norman
Up Next: Washington (Norman)

Link (http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/565441.html)

Oldnslo
9/6/2006, 09:00 PM
neuances?

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 09:08 PM
I don't think this has been posted

#3 Oklahoma (1-0)
I thought Paul Thompson played better than most of the media critics thought he would. He was very productive. Adrian Peterson was able to win the game for them, and he is going to continue to win a lot more games for them. They got caught in the 'catch 22' — do you win this game with Adrian Peterson or do you give valuable experience to Paul Thompson in such a crutial time in the game? On defense, in the spring they knew who their quarterback was and they ran full-speed against Oklahoma's offense. Towards the end of the fall they couldn't do that as Thompson was learning the neuances of Kevin Wilson's offensive schemes, which slowed down the defense. The offense needed time to grow and the defense lacked its agressive nature at full-speed which, created problems for them in the UAB game. A lot is also being made out of Adrian Peterson being an 'I' formation running back and Paul Thompson a "shotgun" quarterback. Let me say as a coach, as well as an analyst, he (Adrian Peterson) can play out of any formation they want. He is that good. He is simply the best in the country.
Last week: 24-17 win over UAB in Norman
Up Next: Washington (Norman)

Link (http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/565441.html)

I couldnt agree more, I think PT did an outstanding job, If everyone would have caught the catchable balls he threw his numbers would have been real nice, and had he put a little better touch on on sveral others this game would have been a blowout....Its his first full game at QB. I was impressed. Oh BTW AD could have set up a snowcone stand in the backfield served two flavors to the O-line and still got his before the bell tolled...hes a special guy.

jdsooner
9/6/2006, 09:19 PM
:stunned: How can he rate my Cowboys lower than them thar land thieves? After all, my Cowboys won 52-10 and Zero U only won 24-17! You just wait til Thanksgivin'! Thar won't be no slim pickins at Boone Pickens!

Snrfn4ever08
9/6/2006, 09:21 PM
:stunned: How can he rate my Cowboys lower than them thar land thieves? After all, my Cowboys won 52-10 and Zero U only won 24-17! You just wait til Thanksgivin'! Thar won't be no slim pickins at Boone Pickens!
funny thing is, i'm pretty sure i heard that a couple of times at school today. poor, poor sheep humpers:(

The Weis Stuff
9/6/2006, 09:25 PM
neuances?

Yeah it's kinda like seubleties. ;) I doubt Jackie's ever been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

r5TPsooner
9/6/2006, 09:28 PM
I agree with him.

OKC-SLC
9/6/2006, 09:47 PM
"crutial"

ideot.

goingoneight
9/6/2006, 10:31 PM

:stunned: Man I hate uo bob stupes is a bad guy i'm gonna go rite a leter to the NCAA so we can beet them

...Dur-da-Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/6/2006, 10:36 PM
:stunned: Hey, you guys remember when we were good at football?

-Huh?

Ya know, when Barry Sanders was here

-I love to farm and drink

Me too

-Shoot

Yeah, shoot

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 10:56 PM
That's a pretty good write up.

And I'm never going to hate a guy who fires up his team by castrating a steer in front of them. That's hardcore.

Earickson
9/6/2006, 11:00 PM
Rankings mean nothing.

Stoop Dawg
9/6/2006, 11:08 PM
Rankings mean nothing.

Actually, in college football, it's pretty much all we've got. At least at a national level.

Snrfn4ever08
9/6/2006, 11:10 PM
Actually, in college football, it's pretty much all we've got. At least at a national level.
if we can petition for anything else and get results, why can't we petition for a playoff and get results??? i've got a grand idea, screw the ncaa:mad: . let's overthrow them:D

Earickson
9/6/2006, 11:37 PM
if we can petition for anything else and get results, why can't we petition for a playoff and get results??? i've got a grand idea, screw the ncaa:mad: . let's overthrow them:D

Now, that's an idea.

BIG_IKE
9/7/2006, 06:37 AM
:stunned: Hey, you guys remember when we were good at football?

-Huh?

Ya know, when Barry Sanders was here

-I love to farm and drink

Me too

-Shoot

Yeah, shoot

hahaha,...
thats from the identity theft commercial...shoot

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/7/2006, 08:47 AM
hahaha,...
thats from the identity theft commercial...shoot

Very nice my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBkGaimO_Y

RedstickSooner
9/7/2006, 09:21 AM
The defense sucked because our offense was't good enough to sharpen them up?

Our 2001 offense was pretty anemic at times - but that defense played alright.

This seems like an odd explanation for our defensive struggles (I'm still wondering why our defense, particularly our defensive line, seemed to mediocre in that game)

soonerreign
9/7/2006, 11:03 AM
I blame the equipment manager. Ever since the game of which we do not speak, we've had trouble staying upright.

stoopified
9/7/2006, 11:04 AM

And I'm never going to hate a guy who fires up his team by castrating a steer in front of them. That's hardcore.True dat.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/7/2006, 11:41 AM
I loiked the speilllings...

Pricetag
9/7/2006, 12:56 PM

And I'm never going to hate a guy who fires up his team by castrating a steer in front of them. That's hardcore.
Dang, I was going to work that in with the "sharpest knife in the drawer" comment from earlier in the thread.