PDA

View Full Version : FLOWERS FOR SBSB'S DAD

Viking Kitten
9/6/2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone wishing to make a donation for flowers for SBSB's dad may do so by clicking the button below.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=DAsyure%40gmail%2ecom&item_name=Flowers%20for%20SBSB%27s%20dad&item_number=flowers&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8)

Please make any donations by noon tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 7) so that we can have flowers sent to the funeral home tomorrow afternoon. Services will be held Friday morning.

Thank you to all who have already donated. I know SBSB and her family will really appreciate this.

hurricane'bone
9/6/2006, 06:32 PM
I donated what I could.

LilSooner
9/6/2006, 07:11 PM
Done and done.

olevetonahill
9/6/2006, 07:30 PM
Just got home . This was the 1st thread I read and Its a done deal .
I will say a prayer for her and the Family

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2006, 07:35 PM
Done.

Phil
9/6/2006, 08:14 PM
Done from SoonerFans.com - your sponsorship money going to a good cause.

olevetonahill
9/6/2006, 08:17 PM
Done from the board - your sponsorship money going to a good cause.
That makes Me (More) Proud that Im a sponsor :cool:

Widescreen
9/6/2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for setting this up, VK.

badger
9/6/2006, 08:20 PM
I donated, but I'm sure Molly Shi Boren could spare a few OU flowers also ;)
http://tel.occe.ou.edu/engr/lrgcc/assets/NorthOval-2002_dropshade.jpg

royalfan5
9/6/2006, 08:28 PM
done

Sooner_Bob
9/6/2006, 08:29 PM
Done . . . if you got some left over you could always just send a gift card for a nice meal out or something.

OUDoc
9/6/2006, 09:20 PM
Done from the board - your sponsorship money going to a good cause.
Thanks, Phil. I hadn't heard yet. :(

proud gonzo
9/6/2006, 09:23 PM
i sent what I could

Geekboy
9/6/2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Phil. God bless their family.

IronSooner
9/6/2006, 09:26 PM
Done, thanks VK.

OCUDad
9/6/2006, 09:26 PM
In.

TUSooner
9/6/2006, 09:58 PM
In. Bless her heart.

Phil
9/6/2006, 10:01 PM
BTW, I put in some sponsor money from the board, but that doesn't mean you other guys don't need to put some in, as well. And VK, if you guys need more, lemme know.

olevetonahill
9/7/2006, 01:17 AM
BTW, I put in some sponsor money from the board, but that doesn't mean you other guys don't need to put some in, as well. And VK, if you guys need more, lemme know.
Ditto !
Come On pony up guys and gals
:pop:

soonerboomer93
9/7/2006, 01:20 AM
Done

Frozen Sooner
9/7/2006, 02:19 AM
Er, VK, can you spot me until tomorrow? After splurging on the sponsorship last night I put my credit cards in the safe deposit box. I'll need to grab one tomorrow and hit you tomorrow night-site's blocked at work.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2006, 02:31 AM
Done.
Very sorry to hear about your father.

OU4LIFE
9/7/2006, 07:17 AM
IN!

Mjcpr
9/7/2006, 09:08 AM
Got 'er done finally!

Mixer!
9/7/2006, 01:22 PM
In.

Hope I wasn't too late.... :O

Viking Kitten
9/7/2006, 01:47 PM
Okay. Beano told me to prepare to be touched by everyone's generosity and he wasn't kidding. Thank you all so much for the donations, I think SBSB's family will be really pleased.

I ordered an enormous funeral arrangement from City Florist in Norman. SBSB's dad was a Sooner, so naturally I specified that the flowers were to be crimson and cream.

In addition, I ordered an extra large gift basket from Sweete Memories Bakery in OKC that will be delivered to her family today.

I am also planning on sending a deli tray in the morning, so those donations that came in after I made the above orders will go toward that.

Thanks once again for your generosity. I am truly lucky to know such an awesome bunch of people.

colleyvillesooner
9/7/2006, 02:02 PM
Way to go everybody! See, the innerweb is good for something. :D

olevetonahill
9/7/2006, 02:41 PM
Again, thank you, VK, for taking the lead on this and using the $ for thoughtful things, not just flowers.
Yup any way we can get a pic ? or would that be tacky ?

Viking Kitten
9/7/2006, 02:52 PM
Yup any way we can get a pic ? or would that be tacky ?

I tossed around the "tacky" question myself, but then decided, "Oh well. I'll risk it." So I asked the florist to e-mail me a pic but she apparently doesn't use the Internet. It is 2006, right? :confused:

If I ever open a flower shop... I promise I will offer this service.

Tailwind
9/7/2006, 10:13 PM
I hope my donation made it in time. My heart bleeds for Holley and her mom.

hurricane'bone
9/7/2006, 10:25 PM
I tossed around the "tacky" question myself, but then decided, "Oh well. I'll risk it." So I asked the florist to e-mail me a pic but she apparently doesn't use the Internet. It is 2006, right? :confused:

If I ever open a flower shop... I promise I will offer this service.

Will you also offer webcams of you making the arrangements?

:O

Viking Kitten
9/7/2006, 10:32 PM
Please reference the spek comment I left you for the joke that was inappropriate for this thread.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/8/2006, 07:35 AM
Thank you all for your outpouring of support. It means so much to know that so many people love and support our family. Our family is doing well. My Dad had cancer for over two years and we are blessed that really he was only sick for less than a month. Your prayers and thoughts in that time no doubt helped his cause.

My Dad was a huge Sooner fan so he will be buried in an OU Dad sweatshirt and ball cap.

And your flowers--MAJOR SPEK! They are so beautiful. We are bringing them back to my Mom's house, so I will be sure to post a pic later.

Once again, thank you so much. Please send up a [billy simms] BOOMAH! [/billy simms] for us at 11 this morning.

P.S. Thank you Jesus my Dad did not decide to be an osux fan. His casket flowers are red and white carnations (his favorite flowers) and almost all the other flowers are OU colors as well. I can't bear to think how ugly a bunch of puke orange flowers would have been.

Sooner_Bob
9/8/2006, 07:46 AM
Stay strong Holley . . . and be sure to tell your mom we're all still thinkin' about you guys.

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2006, 11:28 AM
For Holley's Dad and her family...

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/8/2006, 01:20 PM
Went to the service this morning with VK and it was very, very nice.

SBSB did very well. We were very proud of her.

And she was right - our flowers are teh awesomest. They were beautiful. VK did an awesome job.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/8/2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone want a Sweete Memories brownie? Seriously, you guys have outdone yourselves. :)

Thank you so much again for your thoughts and prayers. I'm gonna post pics of the flowers and cookie basket, probably Monday.

Thanks again for providing much needed levity during very difficult times.

olevetonahill
9/8/2006, 11:17 PM
Anyone want a Sweete Memories brownie? Seriously, you guys have outdone yourselves. :)

Thank you so much again for your thoughts and prayers. I'm gonna post pics of the flowers and cookie basket, probably Monday.

Thanks again for providing much needed levity during very difficult times.
We only did it cause we Hate you !:P

soonerbrat
9/9/2006, 09:40 AM
you guys, i have to say...the flowers WERE gorgeous. and big. VK did a bang-up job ordering them