PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who have teenagers, talk to them tonight

handcrafted
9/6/2006, 04:06 PM
A lady who works in my office is off for the next 2 weeks, as we attended the funeral of her 19 year old son this morning. He died late Friday/early Saturday at a friend's apartment, after engaging in recreational drug use with 2 "friends". The culprit was a mix of alcohol, pot, and oxycontin. He went to bed with no "unexpected symptoms", for lack of a better phrase, and never woke up.

If you have teenagers...heck, if you have kids who are old enough to understand, talk to them. Please.

That is all.

Boomer.....
9/6/2006, 04:44 PM
Oxycotin is the devil.

mdklatt
9/6/2006, 04:49 PM
The culprit was a mix of alcohol, pot, and oxycontin.

It's a good thing Rush Limbaugh doesn't drink alcohol.

:pop:

nanimonai
9/6/2006, 04:52 PM
Oxycontin contains large doses of acetaminophen which is toxic to the liver in high doses. Combine that with alcohol plus the fact the most take several pills at once and you've got trouble.

PhilTLL
9/6/2006, 05:16 PM
Oxycontin contains large doses of acetaminophen which is toxic to the liver in high doses. Combine that with alcohol plus the fact the most take several pills at once and you've got trouble.

No. Percocet contains oxycodone/APAP. OxyContin is just oxycodone. Less hepatoxic, but therefore less self-limiting, and as it's usually crushed and snorted/injected to defeat the time-release, far more likely to cause respiratory distress via overdose/alcohol mixing, as I assume is the sad case in the original post.

olevetonahill
9/6/2006, 08:34 PM
That family will be in my prayers also
Damn Im glad My Kids are all grown with Families of there own . Now I just have to worry about My grand babies :eek:

KABOOKIE
9/6/2006, 08:39 PM
It's a good thing Rush Limbaugh doesn't drink alcohol.

:pop:

Wrong thread. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

OUstud
9/6/2006, 10:11 PM
This is why I don't do drugs, or plan on ever doing drugs.