PDA

View Full Version : ABC Crew for OU-UW game is...

The Maestro
9/6/2006, 10:42 AM
...Nessler, Griese and Maguire. Two out of three ain't so bad. We better enjoy this week with Oregon homer Dan Fouts doing play by play, of all things, next week in Oregon with Tim Brandt as the color guy.

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/6/2006, 10:49 AM
i almost threw up a little bit in my mouth when i saw this thread. i'm pleasantly surpried. abc could have done worse.

The Maestro
9/6/2006, 10:51 AM
i almost threw up a little bit in my mouth when i saw this thread. i'm pleasantly surpried. abc could have done worse.

Well, they had to send them somewhere and there aren't very many good games this weekend. Ohio State-Texas has the night crew and Notre Dame-Penn State is on NDBC.

Salt City Sooner
9/6/2006, 11:32 AM
I don't mind Fouts at all myself. IMO he was quite objective in the Holiday Bowl (i.e. making no bones about the P.I. on the fake FG being a horrible call).

NormanPride
9/6/2006, 11:40 AM
I don't mind Fouts at all myself. IMO he was quite objective in the Holiday Bowl (i.e. making no bones about the P.I. on the fake FG being a horrible call).

That's because it was the worst call of the game. Fouts wasted no chances at telling everyone how overmatched and unprepared we were. How much better Oregon looked throughout the year, how much our coaching and tradition has slipped. He was prime ***, and it's the only time in history an announcer has actually detracted from the game for me. I'm not looking forward to him bashing us again, especially since his team should be favored. Why he ever covers Oregon is beyond me.

IMHO, of course.

Sooners78
9/6/2006, 12:19 PM
Fouts wasted no chances at telling everyone how overmatched and unprepared we were.

I didn't feel that way at all about his Holiday Bowl comments. He was very complimentary of us. Now his sidekick, that's a different story.

JonnyRed
9/6/2006, 12:20 PM
I bet it will be better than TBS.

TheLadiesMike
9/6/2006, 12:22 PM
Will Charles Thompson still be our qb?

Sooners78
9/6/2006, 12:29 PM
I bet it will be better than TBS.

What happened on TBS? Since I went to the game, I admit that I haven't really watched the TBS broadcast in it's entirety. I just went back and watched the highlights last night.

The video from TBS looks much better than any of the other networks we play on, (ABC and FSN).

The Maestro
9/6/2006, 12:29 PM
Regardless of Fouts being complimentary or not, he has no business doing play by play...and his new sidekick, Tim Brandt, is the worst color guy ever. How he STILL has a job doing college football games is beyond me.

SoonerJason
9/6/2006, 12:52 PM

LOL !

SoonerPr8r
9/6/2006, 01:05 PM

Yes and what did he call Malcom Kelly something like Reggie Kelly or Kelly Smith. I think its great how OU has learned to fuse two players together, hope it works out

r5TPsooner
9/6/2006, 02:12 PM
I don't think I can handle Fouts/Jackson call a Sooner game more than once a year.

Quite frankly, i'd rather listen to Bob Barry.

snp
9/6/2006, 03:09 PM
I hope Steven A Smith, Jon Madden, and Jay Mariotti start doing games together.

We could use a little population control.

OKMAGIC
9/6/2006, 04:57 PM
Is Keith Jackson dead yet?

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2006, 05:05 PM
Regardless of Fouts being complimentary or not, he has no business doing play by play...and his new sidekick, Tim Brandt, is the worst color guy ever. How he STILL has a job doing college football games is beyond me.

I guess I just missed it in the original post, Fouts is doing play by play?!?! My God that will be atrocious. And ditto on the Brandt being totally worthless. I can't wait for that. :(

The Maestro
9/6/2006, 05:18 PM
I guess I just missed it in the original post, Fouts is doing play by play?!?! My God that will be atrocious. And ditto on the Brandt being totally worthless. I can't wait for that. :(

Yep...I listened to them do the Stanford-Oregon game last week. Fouts moved from color, where I thought he was decent, to play by play, after Woah, Nellie! retired. Makes no sense to me...very rarely do former athletes make good play by play guys. Pat Summerall was about the only one I can think of...Terry Gannon isn't bad as former athletes go.

StuIsTheMan
9/6/2006, 05:47 PM
Fouts is an *** clown...Being from Oregon myself I can tell you, not to many of us are to proud to have him on the air talking up about our fine state and crappy football teams. Luckily I have been blessed to be Eugene born and SOONER BREAD!!!

BOOMER SOONER!

Earickson
9/6/2006, 07:01 PM
Fouts is an *** clown...Being from Oregon myself I can tell you, not to many of us are to proud to have him on the air talking up about our fine state and crappy football teams. Luckily I have been blessed to be Eugene born and SOONER BREAD!!!

BOOMER SOONER!

Is that whole wheat or white Sooner Bread?

I like whole wheat so I can get my fiber, and on the topic of Dan Fouts, he has a nice beard. That's about all the good I can say about him.

BudSooner
9/6/2006, 07:05 PM
Yep...I listened to them do the Stanford-Oregon game last week. Fouts moved from color, where I thought he was decent, to play by play, after Woah, Nellie! retired. Makes no sense to me...very rarely do former athletes make good play by play guys. Pat Summerall was about the only one I can think of...Terry Gannon isn't bad as former athletes go.

Bravo, Summerall is a great pro commentator along with Al Michaels..but Madden is only getting worse what with the constant mumbling about his glory days and fat guy love.
Nessler and Paul Maguire ain't that bad of a combo, they can keep Greasy.;)

goingoneight
9/6/2006, 11:10 PM
That's because it was the worst call of the game. Fouts wasted no chances at telling everyone how overmatched and unprepared we were. How much better Oregon looked throughout the year, how much our coaching and tradition has slipped. He was prime ***, and it's the only time in history an announcer has actually detracted from the game for me. I'm not looking forward to him bashing us again, especially since his team should be favored. Why he ever covers Oregon is beyond me.

IMHO, of course.

Fouts is a UO homer, but I recorded that game and he did not say anything about OU tradition/coaching slipping and he hyped both squads coming into the game. He said "The Sooners took a few games to get rolling, and now appear to be primed to the Bob Stoops Sooners of old-style." He also made the reference "OU sliding under the radar" in reference to us not being ranked since UCLA.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/6/2006, 11:57 PM
Don't forget that Bonnie Bernstein will be doing the sideline reporting. Originally, Stacey Dales was to have been on the Nessler-Griese-Maguire team, but when ABC/ESPN lured Bernstein, Dales got demoted to one of the lesser ABC teams.