PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite meal?

achiro
9/6/2006, 10:29 AM
So the tradition in our parts is that the one with the birthday(thats me today) gets to pick what we are having for dinner. It got me to thinking about what is my absolute favorite meal. I like a lot of different things, homemade lasagna, a great steak off the grill, even chili if the mood hits me. I will say that one of my favorites and the one I picked for tonight is what we call "meaties and rice" basically round steak cut into small cubes, dipped in a flour mixture and laid in the skillet. Followed by gravy made from the drippings of said steak. Gravy is poured over the rice. Lumpy real mashed potatoes can be used in place of the rice...but I like the rice. I am a simple man. :D
Maybe I like it because mom made it when I was a kid and my wife has perfected it(as good as mom use to make). Maybe its because you can hear your arteries harden as you eat every bite so I don't get to have it very often. I don't know but I sure do like it.:texan:

Anyway, if it were your birthday and you got to choose the meal, what would it be?

GDC
9/6/2006, 10:34 AM
chicken mole and pico de gallo

9/6/2006, 10:34 AM
Mine is Friday and I'll probably have wheat thins, jalepeños and a handful of peanuts.

Happy birthday, achiro.

achiro
9/6/2006, 10:38 AM
So wheat thins are your favorite meal? and I thought I was simple.:D

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 10:39 AM
Mine was last Friday and I had a Shrimp Chimichanga and a Gold Monster Margarita. Washed down with a shot of Tequilia. I slept good that night.

achiro
9/6/2006, 10:41 AM
Mine was last Friday and I had a Shrimp Chimichanga and a Gold Monster Margarita. Washed down with a shot of Tequilia. I slept good that night.
Fish taco's, shrimp chimichanga....what the hell did mexico run out of goats?

9/6/2006, 10:42 AM
So wheat thins are your favorite meal?

No, but bacon and egg sammiches, Lays potato chips and a tumbler of ice-cold milk don't fit into my current diet/exercise plan.

GDC
9/6/2006, 10:45 AM
Fish taco's, shrimp chimichanga....what the hell did mexico run out of goats?

mmm, can I add tacos de cabritos to my meal?

MamaMia
9/6/2006, 10:51 AM
I have lots of favorites, but we are Italians and therefore in my book you just cant beat vermicelli with meat sauce, a green salad and Italian bread.

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Cove/7443/upaway.gifBy the way achiro...Happy Birthday :)

JohnnyMack
9/6/2006, 10:52 AM
Start with some lump crabmeat appetizer, a small caesar salad, a ribeye, garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and a good cabernet. Dessert should be bread pudding. Then it's sleepy time.

Beef
9/6/2006, 10:53 AM
Fried chicken and a hummer.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2006, 10:54 AM

I'd like to change my answer.

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 10:59 AM
I'd like to feed Beef.

:eek:

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 11:00 AM
Hrm...

Pan seared venison with a demi-glace.

Fugue
9/6/2006, 11:05 AM
I have lots of favorites, but we are Italians and therefore in my book you just cant beat vermicelli with meat sauce, a green salad and Italian bread.

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Cove/7443/upaway.gifBy the way achiro...Happy Birthday :)

watched a mob docu the other night about the Sicilians when their empire crumbled in the early 80's. One former mobster was taking the camera crew around to some old mob hangouts. He said something like, "you know you are a true mobster when you are eating noodles with red sauce in one room while a couple of bodies are being dismembered in the other and it looks like the meal on your plate." heh

frankensooner
9/6/2006, 11:21 AM
CDIAB is my favorite, much better than Good in a bowl. (Nice way to sneak in the birthday thing! ;) ) Best wishes on your b-day!

Really, a mess of fried quail and mashed potatoes and quail gravy with some sweet corn on the cob and home made biscuits has to be my fav.

MamaMia
9/6/2006, 11:58 AM
watched a mob docu the other night about the Sicilians when their empire crumbled in the early 80's. One former mobster was taking the camera crew around to some old mob hangouts. He said something like, "you know you are a true mobster when you are eating noodles with red sauce in one room while a couple of bodies are being dismembered in the other and it looks like the meal on your plate." heh
My Uncle Pauly said that there is no such thing as the mafia. He didn't say anything about "mobs." I'll have to ask him about that when he gets out. :O

crawfish
9/6/2006, 12:17 PM
chicken mole and pico de gallo

I prefer pelican gopher.

crawfish
9/6/2006, 12:24 PM
I prefer pelican gopher.

I didn't really post that. Please move on. Nothing to see here.

Fugue
9/6/2006, 12:34 PM
My Uncle Pauly said that there is no such thing as the mafia. He didn't say anything about "mobs." I'll have to ask him about that when he gets out. :O

Heh

Hamhock
9/6/2006, 12:58 PM
cfs

OUHOMER
9/6/2006, 06:07 PM
My wife makes mine every Saturday and Sunday morning. 3 eggs over easy, fried potatoes, plenty of pepper corn bacon, home made hot sauce, And a bunch of home made hand rolled tortillas.. Glass of cold milk.:D :D

BudSooner
9/6/2006, 06:11 PM
Chili and beer, is there anything else??

Rogue
9/6/2006, 06:12 PM
Surf 'n Turf

1) French Onion Soup followed by a Rare-to-Medium Rare Ribeye with sauteed onions and mushrooms, some fried potatoes, shrimp scampi, broccoli with melted cheese, garlic-buttered pasta, a sprig of garnish and cheesecake for dessert. Serve with cabernet sauvingon, a chilled mug of beer, or a glass of milk. MMMMM MMMMMM

2) "Cadillac Platter": Fajitas and a whole lobster. Serve with a rocks margarita!

When I think of "favorite meal" I think like a man on death row.

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 06:14 PM
Uh... ...ribs.

sanantoniosooner
9/6/2006, 06:17 PM
I prefer pelican gopher.

I didn't really post that. Please move on. Nothing to see here.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif
One for saying it.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif
One for denying it, as soon as the spek gods let me.

Jimminy Crimson
9/6/2006, 06:33 PM
Favorite meal: bbq

B-day meal: out for sushi

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 08:00 PM

Which taste the worst?;)

joex2
9/7/2006, 01:01 AM
The meal could go in a million different directions, depending on the mood anybody is in. But one thing is a certainty: Birthday cake.

I prefer orange cake. Do you know how difficult it is to find orange cake mix? I had to go to three different grocery stores this year to find it (still easier than making it from scratch).

JOEx2's kitchen tip on orange cake: squeeze fresh orange on cake when removed from oven, then put orange zest on cream cheese icing (or frosting for the non f'n hillbillies).

And Happy B-day Achiro!