PDA

View Full Version : The Nutty Professors and "Scientists"...

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 09:01 AM
The 9/11 terrorist attack on America which left almost 3,000 people dead was an "inside job", according to a group of leading academics.

Around 75 top professors and leading scientists believe the attacks were puppeteered by war mongers in the White House to justify the invasion and the occupation of oil-rich Arab countries.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=403757&in_page_id=1770

Its hard to believe this is true, that people who claim to have a brain believe this bs. Its one of the funniest things I have ever read.

GDC
9/6/2006, 09:24 AM
The older I get the less anything surprises me. someone said on the radio today it's interesting how gas and oil are suddenly coming back down and we're finding new deposits, now that Bush, Cheney and their oil buddies have lined their nest eggs with enough $ for several lifetimes.

OUstudent4life
9/6/2006, 09:41 AM
No no no...the oil prices are coming back down because the oil companies want republicans reelected so they can continue fleecing the US with weird price fluxes.

:D

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 09:41 AM
Refiners are spitting out fuel like crazy right now. Most of its due to worrys about Hurricanes knocking more capacity out I think. Since that hasn't happened, supplies are good, but not great. Its still well over $2.00 a gallon.
And oil is still sky high.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 09:42 AM
The older I get the less anything surprises me. someone said on the radio today it's interesting how gas and oil are suddenly coming back down and we're finding new deposits, now that Bush, Cheney and their oil buddies have lined their nest eggs with enough $ for several lifetimes.
Sounds like there wasn't a shortage of tinfoil hats then.

GDC
9/6/2006, 09:43 AM
I wonder what the exact criteria are to be considered a "leading" academic? That term sure gets thrown around a lot.

OUstudent4life
9/6/2006, 09:47 AM
Refiners are spitting out fuel like crazy right now. Most of its due to worrys about Hurricanes knocking more capacity out I think. Since that hasn't happened, supplies are good, but not great. Its still well over $2.00 a gallon.
And oil is still sky high.

I also heard (from an interview with an oil guy on Wall Street) that a large part of the decrease is that they had expected major disruptions (storms, craziness in Middle East, etc) and this had raised the prices in anticipation.

Which really frickin gets me mad...'cause if something bad DID happen, they'd raise the prices again anyway, and that mentality used on a required resource doesn't make sense to me. It's like OUDoc saying "huh, I think less people will be sick this summer, so I'll charge everyone that comes into my office this fall/winter twice as much."

crawfish
9/6/2006, 09:50 AM
Liberals have already refuted the "75 top professors and leading scientists" claim in the anti-global warming group by pointing out what a pitifully small number that is.

No worries, here. Just a bunch of fringe lunatics.

Ike
9/6/2006, 10:24 AM
The first "physics" professor they quote in the article is a cold fusion guy. that should be enough to put it to rest right there.

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 10:30 AM
The first "physics" professor they quote in the article is a cold fusion guy. that should be enough to put it to rest right there.

heh. I thought Elisabeth Shue already got that cold fusion stuff figured out?

Ike
9/6/2006, 10:32 AM
heh. I thought Elisabeth Shue already got that cold fusion stuff figured out?

Lucky for her that movie scripts don't have to meet the burden of repeatable experiments or peer review...

Ike
9/6/2006, 10:42 AM
Being as how they are now calling a cold fusion guy a "leading scientist", I'm thinking that Newton is rolling over in his grave...

Since the standards for becoming a "leading" scientist appear to have gotten so lax, I think I'll write up some contraversial **** and bull story and see if I can't get in the news as well.

I can see the headlines now:

"Leading Scientist proves Bob Stoops can whoop Ditka and Chuck Norris. Probably Fermat's last theorem too."

GDC
9/6/2006, 10:44 AM
"Leading Scientist proves Bob Stoops can whoop Ditka and Chuck Norris. Probably Fermat's last theorem too."

What's so ridiculous about that?:)

Ike
9/6/2006, 10:49 AM
What's so ridiculous about that?:)
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1340645&postcount=13

Ike
9/6/2006, 11:19 AM
If it read, "42 leading academics" I might think it credible.

well naturally ;)

KABOOKIE
9/6/2006, 12:05 PM
Bob Stoops > MC^2

KABOOKIE
9/6/2006, 12:12 PM
Leading scientist my ****ing ***.....

He maintains jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the towers.

Dear Moran,
When 10,000,000 tons of debris comes crashing down there is a huge amount of force that develops just ahead of it. If it had been a controlled explosion, the horizontal puff would have been seen seconds before the collapse. NOT AFTER! Never mind the fact that you don't have to MELT steel to significantly reduce is structurally properties.

GHC! A ****ing philosopher is giving me engineering advice?

Ike
9/6/2006, 12:14 PM
Bob Stoops > MC^2
this is equivalent to saying that Bob Stoops is never at rest.

OUstudent4life
9/6/2006, 12:18 PM
Oh.

So AD > mc^2

Is that more correct?

:D

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 01:07 PM
Heh,
Well, they do think Afganistan is an oil rich arab nation after all.

OklahomaTuba
9/7/2006, 04:23 PM
Science has been proven wrong, yet again. No doubt they will say this video is a forgery, by Bush and Rove. Probably filmed on the same set the moon landings were.

The Arab television channel Al-Jazeera broadcast a video which it said showed Osama bin Laden and suicide candidates of Al-Qaeda preparing the September 11, 2001 attacks against the United States.

Al-Jazeera had said earlier it would broadcast "a video that included scenes showing for the first time Al-Qaeda leaders preparing the September 11 attacks and practicing for their execution."

The video showed Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and two of the 19 Islamist militants that took part in the attacks, Saudi nationals Hamza el-Ramdi and Wael el-Shemari.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/07/060907192013.3btecvzo.html

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2006, 04:27 PM
I hear that all they do nowadays at Area 51 is make movies like this. Ever since the aliens were able to assimilate themselves into society the guys that run Area 51 haven't had anything else to do.

Ike
9/7/2006, 04:34 PM
Science has been proven wrong, yet again. No doubt they will say this video is a forgery, by Bush and Rove. Probably filmed on the same set the moon landings were.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/07/060907192013.3btecvzo.html

easy buddy...there you go again making sweeping generalizations based upon a few outliers. Science ain't wrong. It's one guy (and some loyal followers). A quack. We have those in science too. Go to any cold fusion conference and you'll see most of them. Be sure to ask them if they have any hot tea. (and if anyone at all knows why thats funny, you shall get spekked.)