PDA

View Full Version : video of the kid getting attacked on the football field

sanantoniosooner
9/6/2006, 07:45 AM
After seeing the kid, his mom and some other lady interviewed, and viewing the film..........I've decided that the kid needed his butt kicked.

Not by an adult, but he desearved a whipping.

Kids are already getting up off the ground when he cheapshots another player.

He, and the two ladies, denies that it was a late hit, but you can tell just by looking at the footage.

The assistant coach will get nailed, and he should, but I wonder if that player had been cheapshotting the whole game.

sooner_born_1960
9/6/2006, 07:48 AM
The kid needed a beat down. It should have come from his parents though.

VeeJay
9/6/2006, 09:10 AM
I remember growing up there was aways a bully who was 13 or 14 and was the size of a 19 year old. I always wished some crazed lunatic would come from parts unknown and take him out.

I am guessing that's probably what happened. Maybe this late hitter had been picking on this kid for the last couple of years and always gotten away with it, and the dad snapped.

I can understand the dad taking up for his kid, although I think this was the wrong way to approach it. The Mom interviewed on "The Today Show" this morning says she hoped Dad gets some prison time. :eek:

I am guessing we haven't heard the whole story.

Osce0la
9/6/2006, 09:12 AM
anyone got a link to the video?

tbl
9/6/2006, 09:15 AM
No joke! What a tease!!!

LSUMeathead
9/6/2006, 09:33 AM
When asked in an interview this morning if he understood why the dad tackled him, the kid said "No." Asked again if he could think of any reason why the dad would want to hit him, he replied "None." The parents also seem to not fully comprehand the situation. They understand that it was a late hit, but they almost endorse it by just saying "It's a rough game."

Now, I still think the dad is psycho for tackling a kid, but this kid deserves some type of season ending injury in game 2. He has no comprehension that what he did (the late hit on the smaller kid) is what provoked the dad. Going full steam until you hear the whistle is one thing. Blindsiding a kid who is standing up after the play is ruled dead is something completely different.

And I agree, there has to be more to this. My guess is that the kid was hitting the guy's son all day. The late hit probably just pushed him over the edge.

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2006, 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNaD2BQ9WA

Osce0la
9/6/2006, 09:45 AM
Why does YouTube only work at random times for me when I am on my work computer? Most of the time it'll just say "loading" for a long time and nothing will ever happen, then sometimes it'll just go ahead and play the video...

Osce0la
9/6/2006, 09:48 AM
I like the mugshot of the guy that did it...The sunburned face with the sunglasses outline across his eyes...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7637/1ym6.png (http://imageshack.us)

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 09:49 AM
I'm laughing here. Did anyone else laugh when you first saw it?

sooner n houston
9/6/2006, 09:57 AM
Why does YouTube only work at random times for me when I am on my work computer? Most of the time it'll just say "loading" for a long time and nothing will ever happen, then sometimes it'll just go ahead and play the video...

I've been wondering the same thing for quite a while now. It works fine at the house, but rarely works here at work.:mad:

Veritas
9/6/2006, 10:02 AM
Kid probably got what he deserved. Doesn't mean the dad was right, but I can't say I haven't felt like doing the same thing at a few of my nephew's games. There are kids out there that are essentially bullies in pads. They want to rock someone's world during a play, fine, but after the whistle blows it needs to stop.

leavingthezoo
9/6/2006, 10:03 AM

yes. and the second and third time too.

(it's shameful, but still funny.)

Eddie Money
9/6/2006, 10:07 AM

Yep, I thought it was pretty funny too...

9/6/2006, 10:09 AM
He should have yanked him for a few games if not the season, NOT slammed him on the turf.

And yeah, hitting his kid is probably not an uncommon event at their house.

achiro
9/6/2006, 10:21 AM
So I am not saying he was right at all but child abuse? The kid was in full pads, he really didn't hit him that hard, just hard enough to knock him on his ***. I mean come on.:texan:

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 10:23 AM
Years ago when my eldest son was playing little league he was on a pretty good team. His team and another top team were playing. The families from the other team brought noise makers and bells and would scream and yell as our kids would bat. This was upsetting our team so I took action. Little did the other team know that my son's team had the loudest noise maker in NW Arkansas, Me.

So I go set right in the middle of the opposing teams families which was right behind homeplate. Their team comes up to bat and right when our pitcher would pitch I would yell the loudest WOOOO you ever heard. I did this a few times and got to noticing all the other teams folks were looking at me like I was the Debil. I said "Isn't this a contest to see who can distract the kids the most?" I then ask if we are done and they say yes and the game goes on like it should. The look's were hilarious the families from my son's team were about to fall down laughing.

picasso
9/6/2006, 10:28 AM
Kid probably got what he deserved. Doesn't mean the dad was right, but I can't say I haven't felt like doing the same thing at a few of my nephew's games. There are kids out there that are essentially bullies in pads. They want to rock someone's world during a play, fine, but after the whistle blows it needs to stop.
my pops taught me a great lesson early on in my football career. I was quite the skinny type in jr. high and he told me to hit the big guys low.
I"ll never forget a classmate of mine, circa 8th grade, a large and quick lad who was returning a kick in a drill against me. he noticed it was my skinny butt coming at him and he decided to do a little dance as I approached. this infuriated me and I hit a gear of which I didn't know I had and cut the SOB's legs in half.:D

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/6/2006, 10:28 AM
Why does the video stop when the coach starts backing up. Where is the video of the parents brawling. You take video of a kids football game, but you dont take video of the big brawl that ensues??

I want to see brawling!

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 10:34 AM
Another story that is more serious happened when I was a young man just out of high school. I was an umpire and was calling a Babe Ruth game which is 13 and 14 year old boy's. The other umpire didn't show up so I had both coaches pick a person to call the bases. They did so and I instructed the guy how to set up on the bases and what I would do.

In the 3rd inning there was a very close call at third and the parent calls the kid safe. I couldn't see well enough to agree or over rule so the call stands. A few minutes later I here a guy yelling from behind the fence and it's one of the parents with a gun pointed at the parent/umpire. He was telling him to change his call. I yell time and run like wildman to my car.

The police soon arrive and arrest the man. We tell everyone it's time to restart the game and the pitcher is warming up when he bounces a pitch in front of the plate and it comes up and hit's the catcher in the hip dislocating it. The ambulance is called and the boy is carted off. It took about 41/2 hours to play that game. The $10 dollars I got wasn't worth it.

9/6/2006, 10:40 AM
Booger, let's just hope the kids learned a very valuable lesson that day: Playing baseball can get you maimed or killed.

achiro
9/6/2006, 10:42 AM
The $10 dollars I got wasn't worth it.
But I bet the free snow cone made it better.

picasso
9/6/2006, 10:43 AM
was there any hot moms in the crowd?

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 10:44 AM
This was in a pretty small town and everyone knows evreyone. All the parent's thought it was pretty funny when all was said and done. It doesn't hurt that I'm a farely large feller.

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 10:45 AM
was there any hot moms in the crowd?

I don't remember any ****'s!:D

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 11:34 AM
He should have yanked him for a few games if not the season, NOT slammed him on the turf.

And yeah, hitting his kid is probably not an uncommon event at their house.
I think you misunderstood who he hit. He hit a player who gave his son a crushing cheapshot. If you read more about the story, it was in the final seconds of the game. I'm guessing there had been cheap shots and hard feelings the entire game, and he (dad) was sick of it.

The cheap shot artist, BTW, was as big as a grown man, and was hitting the coach/parent's kid, who looked to be a good 6 inches shorter and 2/3 the weight.

Doesn't make his actions right (in fact he was very, very wrong), but doesn't make him a child abuser either.

TexasLidig8r
9/6/2006, 01:18 PM
I was coaching my son's 6th grade basketball team. We were playing another Catholic school here, and there was one ref who wouldn't call a foul on the other team.. our boys were just being sent to hack city time after time. Finally, one of my boys get whacked on the arm, I stood up and yelled out, "Timmy, is your arm ok.. is it broken?"

Ref teed me up and came over to "warn me." I simply said, "Ref, I've had clients in my office whose personal injuries are not as bad as what my boys have now." His face went blank.. he laughed. and called it pretty evenly after that.

Fun times..

tbl
9/6/2006, 01:40 PM
How are they going to call that child abuse????

Partial Qualifier
9/6/2006, 01:52 PM
Years ago when my eldest son was playing little league he was on a pretty good team. His team and another top team were playing. The families from the other team brought noise makers and bells and would scream and yell as our kids would bat. This was upsetting our team so I took action. Little did the other team know that my son's team had the loudest noise maker in NW Arkansas, Me.

So I go set right in the middle of the opposing teams families which was right behind homeplate. Their team comes up to bat and right when our pitcher would pitch I would yell the loudest WOOOO you ever heard. I did this a few times and got to noticing all the other teams folks were looking at me like I was the Debil. I said "Isn't this a contest to see who can distract the kids the most?" I then ask if we are done and they say yes and the game goes on like it should. The look's were hilarious the families from my son's team were about to fall down laughing.

That was awesome! Way to go.

LSUMeathead
9/6/2006, 03:43 PM
I am guessing because the victim is a child and tackling him is a form of abuse.

It is basically a PC way to make "aggravated battery" even worse. Kind of like hate crimes. Tell me, are there any crimes that are not committed out of hate? "Well, officer, I shot the woman, but it was because I just loved her so darn much!"

sooneron
9/6/2006, 03:52 PM
I am guessing because the victim is a child and tackling him is a form of abuse.

It is basically a PC way to make "aggravated battery" even worse. Kind of like hate crimes. Tell me, are there any crimes that are not committed out of hate? "Well, officer, I shot the woman, but it was because I just loved her so darn much!"
Isn't that the OJ backup defense?

GottaHavePride
9/6/2006, 03:52 PM

I'd call it "Disciplining an Asshat In Training".

Pricetag
9/6/2006, 04:56 PM

Aren't there specific laws on the books for assault on a minor?

BeetDigger
9/6/2006, 04:59 PM
Aren't there specific laws on the books for assault on a minor?

Only if it's the wrong chord.

PG and GHP owe me some music spek on that one.

proud gonzo
9/6/2006, 05:10 PM
I'd call it "Disciplining an Asshat In Training".

seriously--he did to the kid the same thing the kid did to the other player, except the guy did it without pads and a helmet.

PhilTLL
9/6/2006, 05:12 PM
On the one hand, the kid's not really that big, and the adult comes at him with a solid running knee to the neck, which is a little extreme. On the other, kid's a punk-arse and the guy should have rode him down with the knee, Dick Murdoch-style. Hell yeah.

proud gonzo
9/6/2006, 05:15 PM
that wasn't a knee to the neck--looked like he hit him with his forearm

toast
9/6/2006, 05:18 PM
what has youth football turned into? in my day, our coach always kept a couple of kids on the roster specifically for retaliation. they didn't know anything about football, but they had several older sisters.

PDXsooner
9/6/2006, 05:23 PM
this was the kind of stuff that happened in the old days and was considered justice...

SoonerSid
9/6/2006, 05:23 PM
that wasn't a knee to the neck--looked like he hit him with his forearm
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/9316/redskinsbearsdo1.jpg

Rogue
9/6/2006, 05:28 PM
I was a football official for a few years in West TX. Called games from pee-wee to Jr. High, JV, and Varsity HS. By far the worst games to work were the Saturday mornin' pee wee games. Only games we had to have police on hand all day. The kids were great, about 1/2 the coaches and parents were well-meaning guys, the other 1/2 of the coaches and the parents were horrible. These were 5th and 6th graders that mostly needed to learn about sportsmanship, teamwork, and some crude fundamentals. Some of these people were so obnoxious that they regularly got into fights with each other, their own and their opponents coaches, and anyone who didn't agree with their bat-**** crazy asses. Good times.

fadada1
9/6/2006, 05:35 PM
Only if it's the wrong chord.
[/SIZE]
that's terrible:D

PhilTLL
9/6/2006, 05:42 PM
Oh geez, now the law is going to blow this thing out of recognizable proportion. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060906/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbo_football_brawl_1)

STOCKTON, Calif. - An assistant youth football coach who allegedly rushed onto the field and assaulted a boy on the opposing team was arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse, police said.

Cory Petero, 36, of Riverbank, turned himself in Saturday night following what witnesses described as a late hit that turned into a brawl, with parents and children from both teams fighting on the field for about 20 minutes.

No major injuries were reported and no charges have been filed, but Stockton police were still investigating.

Edit: Above, I was mistaken and the forearm was in the head, but he did also knee him in the back. Harley Race-style!

Sooner_Bob
9/6/2006, 06:28 PM
Funny how many of the problems of today's youth can be set squarely on the shoulders of their parents . . . the problems with kids athletics ain't the kids, it's mostly the parents.

Sure the kid may have hit the other one after the whistle, but it didn't see to be too much afterwards.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen a high school coach do something similar during practice. :D

picasso
9/6/2006, 06:32 PM
I love how kids practice these days more than we ever did in HIGH SCHOOL, much less little league crap.
that and the 50 game seasons and weekend 300 mile trips. it's a sad world.

AlbqSooner
9/6/2006, 08:03 PM
When I was a young practicing attorney I turned down a case because I did not feel I could remain objective. A little league baseball game with kids 10-12 years old playing. One mom is heckling a kid on the other team. The hecklee's mom walked over and poured a large dixie cup of motor oil on the hecklers head. The heckler went to her car, returned and shot the mom dead. Tahlequah, circa 1980.

tulsaoilerfan
9/6/2006, 08:32 PM
I want to see the brawl that happened after this happened; the person that video'd the attack must have dropped the camera or something and went to rumble.

Pricetag
9/7/2006, 09:39 AM
I don't remember any ****'s!:D
I attended some youth baseball and softball games over the summer, and it was **** heaven. They were all over the place.

Taxman71
9/7/2006, 09:45 AM
I speak from experience, NEVER be an umpire, referee or official in little league. The joy you get from seeing the youngsters compete ain't worth getting your tires slashed, etc.

BoogercountySooner
9/7/2006, 05:00 PM
I attended some youth baseball and softball games over the summer, and it was **** heaven. They were all over the place.This was 15 years ago when this happened not last summer. There probably were some ****s but I don't remember.

VeeJay
9/7/2006, 06:31 PM
I want to see the brawl that happened after this happened; the person that video'd the attack must have dropped the camera or something and went to rumble.

Prolly had to take a dump.