PDA

View Full Version : who will be our QB next year? vs. Miama!!

basel90
9/6/2006, 02:41 AM
That is what am worried about , especially for the game against Miami,

Am working in the middle east and i am flying over with a bunch of sooner alumnis like myself . we attended OU in the eighties and remember the pain of losing to Miami , but we enjoyed the glory wins over so many others.

I know many sooner fans from that era remember the Miami epic games which have left a bad taste for all sooners .

I was hoping we can have a seasoned QB by then and am sure Stoops and our AD had that in mind when they did the scheduling with a team like Miami.

Am sure they thought Bomar would be that QB in his 3rd year at OU , but now am wondering who that will be ??? I would hate to see a loss in Norman like that .

I don't know why , but OU seems to lose a very important player each year due to disciplinary issues .. , QB who fell from Truck then kicked out , Dvoracek , Bomar ..

Am looking at the roster next year and i would imangine we will start with Halzle or with Sam Bradford .. neither has taken any snaps in a real game yet and i think Stoops and Co should take that into consideration in some games.
We need to play either one of them in a few games this season. I am at a loss why we are in such a position as a major program with so little redundancy ?

Am wondering if any fellow sooners know much about sam bradford and how good he is , mobility , arm strenght , style , or whether it will be Halzle next year ?

Any more major QB prospects we are looking into ?

Miami will have a well seasoned Junior QB in Wright and he has a strong arem and can read defenses well ..i hope we have anything to match that.

I also hope Adrian Peterson sticks around another season ... don't think so.

GO SOONERS

Readyfor8
9/6/2006, 02:56 AM
Bradford is redshirting this year, and while I am sure Miami is an important game for next season, its a long ways off. Miami opens next season with Florida St. on the road, and then they come to Oklahoma. I wouldn't be suprised if they buy thier way out of the game, in short a lot of things can happen between now and then.

Bradford shouldn't break his redshirt to get some snaps for next season, and Halze will be in the games that are way out of control like MTSU but probably not for long.

I would bet money on either Bradford or Halze starting next season, Bob Stoops always goes with QB's who have had time to learn the system. So even though they are on the sidelines they are learning something other than picking pine splinters from thier keesters. So yea we are going to be looking at a newby QB behind a toughened and deeper OL, with a new RB, and more experienced Wideouts.

The Maestro
9/6/2006, 09:52 AM
As long as Miami has Kyle Wright as their quarterback we have a chance.

5 yards in the entire second half?!?!