PDA

View Full Version : Well, I was GOING to post a poll...

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:06 PM
...But I guess that's reserved for sponsors. One of whom I should be. Dang it.

But I need a man ruling.

I was making a pot of spaghetti for dinner. When draining the spaghetti, the strainer flipped over in the sink, dumping all the pasta.

Now, I know what I DID in this situation, but let's get a man ruling on the correct solution.

A. You've got a 3HP garbage disposal. Put it to use.
B. Your sink is clean. Scoop all the noodles up and throw 'em in the strainer.
C. Your sink isn't all that clean, but everything in there is food anyhow. Scoop up all the noodles and throw 'em in the strainer.
D. What kind of a dude owns a strainer?

GottaHavePride
9/5/2006, 11:07 PM
B. with maybe a slight rinse of the noodles.

Mongo
9/5/2006, 11:11 PM
B. Throw them back into the colinder(I guess I am ghey for calling it a colinder), rinse, then toss into the sauce.

royalfan5
9/5/2006, 11:12 PM
The sinks as good as a plate. Just dump some sauce in there and get after it.

LoyalFan
9/5/2006, 11:14 PM
If you are alone, scoop out the pasta from the sink. Rinse BRIEFLY with hot water, then put it back in the pot with some olive oil and stir it so it won't stick to itself. EAT!
If NOT alone, boil more pasta. Repeat olive oil maneuver. EAT!
If outta pasta, make rice and serve sauce over that.

LF

PS: A big colander will serve to drain the pasta. Be careful when you pour the pasta back into the pot...it tends to "escape" onto the filthy stove top.

Paperclip
9/5/2006, 11:16 PM
B. And I wouldn't think twice about it.

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2006, 11:27 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. The sink ain't that clean. C.

soonerboomer93
9/5/2006, 11:29 PM
E. stop being such a cheap bastard and become a sponser mr. i own a mercedes

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:30 PM
E. stop being such a cheap bastard and become a sponser mr. i own a mercedes

Truly not about the money. It's about the "I refuse to use PayPal."

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2006, 11:33 PM
I thought you could just use a credit card.

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/5/2006, 11:33 PM
I had to go buy one of those long springy pipe cleaner outers one time after I tried to garbage dispose a batch of cooked spaghetti.

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:34 PM
I thought you could just use a credit card.

I think you can. Through PayPal. :mad:

Actually, I'm trying to find how to BECOME a dang sponsor right now..

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2006, 11:35 PM
Get yourself one of them Visa "gift cards" if your worried about the safety of the transaction.

hurricane'bone
9/5/2006, 11:35 PM
B.

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:36 PM
Get yourself one of them Visa "gift cards" if your worried about the safety of the transaction.
That's like a LOT of work.

proud gonzo
9/5/2006, 11:38 PM
my sink that i know is sorta clean.... B. Any sink that any of YOU GUYS have been anywhere near.... A, baby.

Funny part is, my parents always called our garbage disposal "George". ...That makes me giggle.

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2006, 11:42 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. The sink ain't that clean. C.
After posting this, I got to thinking. The sink did just have a pot of boiling water pour into it. So, while it may not be "clean", it is fairly well sanitized.

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:42 PM
OK, dang it. I just dropped $240 on a gold sponsorship. I WANNA BANE SOMEONE!

hurricane'bone
9/5/2006, 11:45 PM

ALERT! ALERT! DANGER TO BATTLE FLEET! Put Operation Club the Seals into motion.

;)

proud gonzo
9/5/2006, 11:50 PM
Blue Moose to base! A polar bear boinked the penguin. I repeat, the polar bear boinked the penguin!

tbl
9/5/2006, 11:50 PM
Are you serious???

proud gonzo
9/5/2006, 11:52 PM
that sounds like a volunteer to me! :D

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:53 PM
Are you serious???

Sounds like we've got a volunteer...

;)

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:53 PM
that sounds like a volunteer to me! :D

I swear to God your post wasn't showing yet when I typed mine.

proud gonzo
9/5/2006, 11:56 PM
:les: GOBBLE GOBBLE, BITCH!!

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:58 PM
Blue Moose to base! A polar bear boinked the penguin. I repeat, the polar bear boinked the penguin!

See, it's a common misconception that polar bears and penguins mate in the wild.

In reality, the polar bear is confined to extreme northern regions and the penguin to extreme southern.

This, of course, is one of the reasons why ecological balance must be maintained. If, for example, a bunch of penguins were to be relocated to the North Pole, we'd have a bunch of 500lb overdressed flightless waterfowl running around.

And that, frankly, is just not something that a Yup'ik hunter needs to see in the morning.

proud gonzo
9/5/2006, 11:59 PM
if it made sense it wouldn't be a good code, would it? :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 12:02 AM
Sure. A misconception of basic zoological geography and it's suddenly "code."

;)

GottaHavePride
9/6/2006, 12:02 AM
:les: GOBBLE GOBBLE, BITCH!!

NICE TO KNOW YOUORE SIG LINE IS NOT SAFE@!!!!$!@!

olevetonahill
9/6/2006, 01:49 AM
Back on topic here
A real man has the SINK strainer in place for just such emergencies . Once all that nasty water has drained out , you simply set the stopper in the No more down the drain position ,add sauce, eat, enjoy and when done, Remove said stopper and turn on George ! Instant clean up .

soonerboomer93
9/6/2006, 02:59 AM
Back on topic here
A real man has the SINK strainer in place for just such emergencies . Once all that nasty water has drained out , you simply set the stopper in the No more down the drain position ,add sauce, eat, enjoy and when done, Remove said stopper and turn on George ! Instant clean up .

all hail olevet

soonerboomer93
9/6/2006, 03:02 AM
you know, this should be a pole now

BoogercountySooner
9/6/2006, 05:51 AM
See, it's a common misconception that polar bears and penguins mate in the wild.

In reality, the polar bear is confined to extreme northern regions and the penguin to extreme southern.

This, of course, is one of the reasons why ecological balance must be maintained. If, for example, a bunch of penguins were to be relocated to the North Pole, we'd have a bunch of 500lb overdressed flightless waterfowl running around.

And that, frankly, is just not something that a Yup'ik hunter needs to see in the morning.

Here you go again everyone knows a penguin is related to Chuck Norris and would rip a Polar bear apart. Please gather all the facts before posting in the future please.

You might want to change your name to Mike Not So Rich after throwing down for your Sponsorship.:D

RacerX
9/6/2006, 06:36 AM
Polar bear and penguin weren't on the vocab assignment.

tbl
9/6/2006, 01:34 PM
News Flash: All of the Chuck Norris legends & facts have turned out to be outright lies. He's really gay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/pfjunkie/chuck1.jpg

Pricetag
9/6/2006, 01:42 PM
Have you ever eaten spaghetti in a restaurant? Scoop them out.

Ike
9/6/2006, 02:12 PM
A. Men don't keep a clean sink. Thats the wimmins job.

Beef
9/6/2006, 02:26 PM
A. Men don't keep a clean sink. Thats the wimmins job.
I was gonna say.
Actually, there should be another choice of have the woman cook you some more spagetti and fetch you another beer since dinner is taking so damn long. And she should prolly invite over a hawt friend or three to make it up to you.

TUSooner
9/6/2006, 04:43 PM
Retrieve the pasta, rinse it, eat it. Oh, sorry. This thread has already been jacked, and here I go posting on the original topic. My bad! :O

toast
9/6/2006, 05:09 PM
heck, pour the sauce over the noodles in the sink grab a fork and get to eatin....

proud gonzo
9/6/2006, 05:13 PM
heck, pour the sauce over the noodles in the sink grab a fork and get to eatin....
i'm guessing you skipped right over all the other responses and just posted your idea, huh? ;)

The sinks as good as a plate. Just dump some sauce in there and get after it.

toast
9/6/2006, 05:14 PM
just from experience ;)

9/6/2006, 05:16 PM
As long as it isn't BSG's sink, go ahead and rinse it off.

skycat
9/6/2006, 05:31 PM
I read somewhere that your toilet seat is cleaner than your sink.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/6/2006, 05:35 PM
Heh.

And also, eeew.

King Crimson
9/6/2006, 05:44 PM
either B or C, no question. and barring something like raw chicken "juice" or uncooked pork there's no way i'd probably rinse. rinsing pasta is a serious no-no for Italians in Italy. It's somewhat common in restaurants since there isn't time to coordinate multi dish tables with the 4-6 (fresh pasta) or 8-10 (dried pasta) minutes of boiling with grill items/meats to cooked to temps or whatnot. and then it's done to stop the cooking process (undercooked a bit) and then brought back to just under al dente and finished in the sauce while (ideally, and why you don't rinse at home) the starchy parts of the pasta are sticky and pores of the pasta open so they can adhere and absorb yer sauce into the pasta itself .

this is an adequate explanation from a quick google (too lazy to uncork my boiling pasta manifesto this afternoon--though, there are very much right ways and wrong ways to do it and the more you do it, the more you learn and can appreciate it being well done or deplore and avoid it being crappily done--especially when you are forking over 16 bucks and paying 300% markup for a bottle of wine at that really shmancy place). as far TV goes, if you can ever see one of Lidia Bastianich's PBS show where she talks about cooking pasta....that's all you need to know. I'd also speculate Pauline is overcooking her pasta or not at a "dancing" boil if it comes out "a glob". FYI. this should probably go in the Dean's confession thread. :O

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/article_print/0,1983,FOOD_9796_1856294_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html

with Sara Moulton on Rinsing Pasta

Pauline: I have a question about pasta, and if you should rinse or not rinse after being cooked. Mine is always a little watery after I put the sauce on and I always rinse. If you don't, how do you get it from sticking together in one big glob?

Sara: The main point is that the sauce should wait for the pasta; the pasta should never wait for the sauce. Only rinse your pasta if you're making pasta salad. The starch on the pasta will glue the sauce to it - you want the stickiness. Some Italians even add some of the starchy liquid to it to add more stickiness. By the way, I don't like pasta salad because as soon as you toss the pasta with vinaigrette, it gets soggier and soggier - you sort of have lifeless, soggy, noodles.

Angela: Do I or don't I add oil to the water when boiling pasta? If not, how can I be sure the noodles won't stick?

Sara: Never, never, never, never add oil to the water! It oils the noodles when you're draining them so they don't stick together, but neither will the sauce stick to them. Stir your noodles right after you add them to the pot, and make sure the sauce is ready before you put the noodles in the pot. The pasta must never wait for the sauce; the sauce should wait for the pasta. You want the starch on the pasta, because it will glue the sauce to the noodle.

BudSooner
9/6/2006, 05:46 PM
**** that, just eat it right out of the sink...and don't worry about those globs of green stuff that ain't veggies, that's just extra downhome goodness. :les: