PDA

View Full Version : Miller Brewing Sponsoring Undocumented Immigrant marches

royalfan5
9/5/2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0609010141sep01,1,4130753.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Myself, I'm a Coors Man.

IronSooner
9/5/2006, 10:27 PM
Miller's crap anyway, might as well.

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 11:01 PM
Gotta have someone to drink their product, I guess.

Okla-homey
9/6/2006, 05:09 AM
I seem to observe the messicans around here buying Bud Heavy...at least for their after work fiestas. Perhaps Miller is used for more special occasions.

Taxman71
9/6/2006, 06:49 AM
I never met anyone north of the Red River that liked Miller anyway.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 08:37 AM
Nice.

Glad I didn't like that watered down rice juice anyways.

Go to hell, Miller.

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 08:42 AM
I lub me some Miller Lite. It's a much better beer than Bud Light.

Mjcpr
9/6/2006, 08:43 AM

Oh, you can go straight to hell, mister.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 08:47 AM
How? How can anyone in there right mind drink that **** and think to themselves they are actually drinking beer???

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 08:51 AM
It has more and better taste/flavor than Bud Light has.

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 10:31 AM
I seem to observe the messicans around here buying Bud Heavy...at least for their after work fiestas. Perhaps Miller is used for more special occasions.

The High Life IS the champagne of beers, you know.

picasso
9/6/2006, 10:53 AM
Bud Light is for the tasting challenged.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2006, 10:56 AM

Beer whore.

Ike
9/6/2006, 11:10 AM
gorramit...I forgot about this....these fricktards are going to march right through my neighborhood (I'm less than 2 miles from Big Den's offices)...

it'll probably screw up traffic all to hell too.

NormanPride
9/6/2006, 11:30 AM
It has more and better taste/flavor than Bud Light has.

Perhaps horse **** tastes better than whale ****, but who would want to drink either?

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 11:34 AM
Perhaps horse **** tastes better than whale ****, but who would want to drink either?
I understand that not all girls like beer. We could talk about wine coolers or whatever it is that you chicks drink.

;)

OhU1
9/6/2006, 11:56 AM
Nice.

Glad I didn't like that watered down rice juice anyways.

Go to hell, Miller.

Miller is watered down corn juice. Miller is "The Corn of Beers". Bud is the watered down rice drink.

From a cheap beer stand point Miller has more flavor than Bud and Coors. Bud being the weakest of all. Which means little more than corn has more flavor than rice as an adjunct.

Coors advertising motto: "Taste the cold".

Cold has taste?

NormanPride
9/6/2006, 12:23 PM
I understand that not all girls like beer. We could talk about wine coolers or whatever it is that you chicks drink.

;)

Two stepladders next tailgate. One for you. One for your boyfriend. We'll settle it.

;)

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 12:26 PM
I don't hit chicks.

;)

NormanPride
9/6/2006, 12:31 PM
I always knew you swung that way...

GET IT? SWUNG?

Pricetag
9/6/2006, 12:47 PM
From a cheap beer stand point Miller has more flavor than Bud and Coors.
Heh, your definition of cheap beer must be different from mine. I've been drinking a lot of Steel Reserve lately. $4.99 for a 12 pack at QT.

royalfan5
9/6/2006, 12:51 PM
Heh, your definition of cheap beer must be different from mine. I've been drinking a lot of Steel Reserve lately. $4.99 for a 12 pack at QT.
That's a quality price right there.

Hamhock
9/6/2006, 12:55 PM
when i was in college, miller was the first to come out with the 30 pack.

mmm...high life 30 pack, a day like today, couch in the front lawn....

growing up sucks.

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 12:56 PM

That's the only beer/malt liquor that I have not been able to finish a can/bottle of.

royalfan5
9/6/2006, 12:59 PM
That's the only beer/malt liquor that I have not been able to finish a can/bottle of.
Have you ever tried Camo Silver Ice? I have never found anything worse than that, I used to drink warm Falstaff all the time.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 01:30 PM
Miller is watered down corn juice. Miller is "The Corn of Beers". Bud is the watered down rice drink.

From a cheap beer stand point Miller has more flavor than Bud and Coors. Bud being the weakest of all. Which means little more than corn has more flavor than rice as an adjunct.

Coors advertising motto: "Taste the cold".

Cold has taste?

Either way, they both suck.

OhU1
9/6/2006, 02:30 PM

I've never even heard of Steel Reserve. Doesn't sound like a liquid to me. In "my day" Milwaukee's Best "The Beast" was the cheap beer and I drank dozens of cases throughout law school.

Miller used to be sold as a premium beer. Years ago they went to budget pricing much like other former major players like Old Milwaukee, Pabst, Strohs, Schlitz, and other mild weak taste-a-like beers.

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2006, 05:20 PM
Life is too short to drink cheap nasty *** beer. Get the good stuff people.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/6/2006, 05:57 PM
Okay, this thread is hilarious, anyone drinking a major breweries product Bud, Miller or Coors and think's its real beer needs to get checked out. That mass produced swill is at best modified water...

I never drank Miller and don't think I'll start now...

bri
9/6/2006, 06:09 PM
I never met anyone north of the Red River that liked Miller anyway.

Hi. Pleased to meet you.

:D

sooneron
9/6/2006, 11:15 PM
I consider Miller Lite my fallback beer when the Stella, Hacker Pschorr, Saranac or whatever else has run out. I think it tastes better than bud/coors products.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2006, 11:31 PM
It gets no better...

Dead *** middle of summer, workin' like a dog in the yard/garage/chaingang/insert place here, sweating, thirsty, dry as a bone. Come in the house, almost pass out, and refresh your soul with none other than the bottle of summertime heaven you threw in the freezer for maximum nipple-popping colditude, a seriously ice cold...

Natural Light.

You couldn't pour that crap down my throat for a hundred dollars ten months out of the year, but put ALL those pieces together, plus a brainfreeze frigid Natty Light, and friend, you will enter cheap beer Nirvana (minus the sad guy with the gaping shotgun wound).

Mongo
9/6/2006, 11:33 PM
Mmmmm. Steel Reserve is the devil. Me and two friends bought a twelve pack a per person(24 oz. cans). Spent all day at the Flamingo's pool (Jefferson Common's appartments) where all the high class tail congregated. Needless to say, 3 buff-yet-sexily-overweight young men ended up urinating off of the pool's water fountain, and yes, the water was cold. I have never been boo'ed in my life, but this was the first time.

Okla-homey
9/7/2006, 04:20 AM
The only mass-produced domestic we ever buy at my house is Pabst. It is a pilsner that can really hold its own with some of the best pilsners in the world. Just saying.

Pricetag
9/7/2006, 09:17 AM
The only mass-produced domestic we ever buy at my house is Pabst. It is a pilsner that can really hold its own with some of the best pilsners in the world. Just saying.
I like Pabst. It's $5.99 per 12 pack at QT. It was also voted America's best tasting beer in like 1896 or something. They've been in a bit of a dry spell since, I guess.

Ever since the big 3 domestics started to get up around ten bucks for a 12 pack, I've slipped back into college mode and started drinking as cheaply as I can. As long as I get my buzz, I don't really care. I learned to drink on bad beer, so I can handle anything.

I don't buy the idea that some beers are significantly "better" than others. I've tasted a lot of beers, and they all taste different, but not necessarily what I would call "better." I think a lot of folks drink imports and micro brews because they think it's cool.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/7/2006, 09:39 AM
Oh, and I prefer Leinenkugel...

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2006, 09:42 AM

yes, that is indeed an outstanding beer. But I like Miller Lite just fine for my everyday beer drinking needs.

Harry Beanbag
9/7/2006, 05:15 PM
I don't buy the idea that some beers are significantly "better" than others. I've tasted a lot of beers, and they all taste different, but not necessarily what I would call "better." I think a lot of folks drink imports and micro brews because they think it's cool.

WTF? :confused:

royalfan5
9/7/2006, 05:31 PM
That is a Miller product.

OhU1
9/7/2006, 10:14 PM

While it is true that a lot of people drink imports, micro brews, and "dark beer" because they think it is cool (especially people who think Gunniess is good stout) I can assure you there is a HUGE difference between beers made with all malt, special yeast, and hops.

I drank nothing but Bud, Miller, Coors, products for many years. I cannot drink those beers now except as a week night brew on a hot summer's day with dinner.

Craft brews and most imports are to macro beer as grape juice out of a can is to quality wine. There is a HUGE difference. The irony is that if you actually LIKE Bud, Coors, Miller, you will dislike the classic real beer and prefer the watered down corn and rice water sold as beer in the mass market. I hated real beer until I got used to the what real malt beer was supposed to taste like.

Call me a beer snob if you will, I have never met a person who wanted to drink Bud, Coors, Miller, Corona, once they had tasted and got used to drinking good all malt beer.

OklahomaTuba
9/7/2006, 10:36 PM
Malt beer is good.

Give me a good German brew anyday though.

OhU1
9/8/2006, 12:37 AM
Malt beer is good.

Give me a good German brew anyday though.

Give me any beer and I won't complain too much about it.

1stTimeCaller
9/8/2006, 08:38 AM
While it is true that a lot of people drink imports, micro brews, and "dark beer" because they think it is cool (especially people who think Gunniess is good stout) I can assure you there is a HUGE difference between beers made with all malt, special yeast, and hops.

I drank nothing but Bud, Miller, Coors, products for many years. I cannot drink those beers now except as a week night brew on a hot summer's day with dinner.

Craft brews and most imports are to macro beer as grape juice out of a can is to quality wine. There is a HUGE difference. The irony is that if you actually LIKE Bud, Coors, Miller, you will dislike the classic real beer and prefer the watered down corn and rice water sold as beer in the mass market. I hated real beer until I got used to the what real malt beer was supposed to taste like.

Call me a beer snob if you will, I have never met a person who wanted to drink Bud, Coors, Miller, Corona, once they had tasted and got used to drinking good all malt beer.

I like both styles. There is a time and place for everything. If I'm at the lake, playing softball, at a concert, planning on drinking 8 or more etc. that is Miller time. If I'm having a beer or two with dinner or I just want to enjoy a very good beer I'll grab a Fat Tire or a 1554 or something that I like and tastes good to me.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/8/2006, 09:16 AM
That is a Miller product.

Owned, but separately managed and brewed to the old recipe, they have autonomy for now. Miller also purchased an old favorite, Celis, then changed the brew and recipe. I stopped drinking it.

Pricetag
9/8/2006, 09:16 AM
Hey, I like good malt beverages, too. Crazy Horse, Old E, Colt 45, right? :D

I admit, I drink to get drunk. I'm betting you're not like that, at least most of the time.