PDA

View Full Version : UAB's punter

Jerk
9/5/2006, 09:43 PM
(I'm a little late on this, but I have been out of town)

That boy needs to play Stong Safety. Maybe beef him up a little to 170. If it weren't for that kid, OU would have won by 3 touchdowns. In my life, I have never seen a punter make so many tackles.

That is all.

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 09:50 PM
Reggie's good.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 09:51 PM
real good.

AzianSooner
9/5/2006, 10:34 PM
extremely good!

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 10:35 PM
as long as he holds onto the ball

Rhino
9/6/2006, 01:30 AM
His name is Swayze Waters.

Way too silly to be taken seriously.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 01:34 AM
I said the same thing out loud during the game. Kid made some serious tackles. Not like...you know...(snicker) 'kicker tackles'. That dude packed a wallop. I don't care if he packs on any weight at all. I'd suit him up as a safety any day. I have NEVER seen a kicker bring the wood like that. He was the only thing saving at least two TDs. You know in film people were laughing and pointing, 'dude, you just got laid out by a...kicker! Bwahahahahaha!'

Readyfor8
9/6/2006, 02:40 AM
as long as he holds onto the ball

Why would you say that? Why is it every time someone says something positive some jackass has to say something like this?

How many times did Reggie fumble against UAB? Since the answer is 0, why does what you said have any bearing on the conversation?

I swear, you don't have to be a sunshine pumper but you doom and gloom people make it sound like we just rehired smellslikebourbon.

Soonermagik
9/6/2006, 09:45 AM
As great as Reggie is he was one cut away from breaking 2 big runs. Once Reggie learns to cut into the inside he will be a stud.

Partial Qualifier
9/6/2006, 11:47 AM
His name is Swayze Waters.

Way too silly to be taken seriously.

Hold on.....

Swayze Waters... born in 1987.... Dirty Dancing released in 1987.... ...NO!

No, no, NO!

crawfish
9/6/2006, 12:31 PM
Hold on.....

Swayze Waters... born in 1987.... Dirty Dancing released in 1987.... ...NO!

No, no, NO!

Oh, wow! :eek:

:D

homerxsimpson
9/6/2006, 12:46 PM
What about that kid from Baylor? 6'-3" 230, showed him this weekend warming up without his pads on and he looked like he could bench in the low to mid 4's. Would have sworn he was a Linebacker, except for him being able to boot consistant 70 yarders.

Don't know if he can tackle worth a damn but it seems like a lot more punters and kickers are getting extremely athletic recently. A lot less short guys with beer bellys.

msteudem
9/6/2006, 12:49 PM
(I'm a little late on this, but I have been out of town)

That boy needs to play Stong Safety. Maybe beef him up a little to 170. If it weren't for that kid, OU would have won by 3 touchdowns. In my life, I have never seen a punter make so many tackles.

That is all.

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

Reminds me of the Punter/Kicker that Washington State had when we played them in the Rose Bowl. He could lay the wood. Cousre he was about 6ft3 225. And speaking of tough Kickers/Punters; has anyone noticed on the new NCAA 2007 Football video game that all of the kickers are built like linebackers. :D There must have been a kicker help design this years version. ;)

Jerk
9/6/2006, 01:18 PM
Don't know if he can tackle worth a damn but it seems like a lot more punters and kickers are getting extremely athletic recently. A lot less short guys with beer bellys.

You just ruined my dream of playing D1 ball, jerk.

yermom
9/6/2006, 02:16 PM
What about that kid from Baylor? 6'-3" 230, showed him this weekend warming up without his pads on and he looked like he could bench in the low to mid 4's. Would have sworn he was a Linebacker, except for him being able to boot consistant 70 yarders.

i'm pretty sure Sepulveda was at Baylor as a LB but they needed a punter and he had punted in HS

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 02:42 PM
Tim Duncan and Jeff Ferguson both had some pretty spectacular touchdown-saving tackles during the first few years Stoops was here, including 2000. Both of those boys could bring it.

yermom
9/6/2006, 02:54 PM
they were both badasses with the broken plays and fakes too

Special Teams really were special back then

TheUnnamedSooner
9/6/2006, 03:25 PM
If he moved to safety, then they can easily do ksu's trick punt play :)

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2006, 03:55 PM

Because he was a linebacker. He was a walk-on LB when GuyMo came aboard and we were basically without a punter so he asked if anyone could kick the ball and Sepulveda raised his hand. He has said in the past that he'd much rather play linebacker, but coach won't let him since he's too valuable an asset.

He has made several tackles before and he definitely delivers one hell of a hit.
The amazing thing about his punting is that he just had knee surgery and shouldn't be healed yet. I think he has standing orders to punt the ball and run directly to the sideline.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 07:20 PM
Because he was a linebacker. He was a walk-on LB when GuyMo came aboard and we were basically without a punter so he asked if anyone could kick the ball and Sepulveda raised his hand. He has said in the past that he'd much rather play linebacker, but coach won't let him since he's too valuable an asset.

He has made several tackles before and he definitely delivers one hell of a hit.
The amazing thing about his punting is that he just had knee surgery and shouldn't be healed yet. I think he has standing orders to punt the ball and run directly to the sideline.

Thanks for that tidbit, SicEm. I like when special teams guys have more than one dimension. Sepulveda is the best punter in the country (and WILL win the Ray Guy, barring injury). I hope I see him bring the wood at some point this season (as long as it isn't against OU).

Snrfn4ever08
9/6/2006, 09:17 PM
Why would you say that? Why is it every time someone says something positive some jackass has to say something like this?

How many times did Reggie fumble against UAB? Since the answer is 0, why does what you said have any bearing on the conversation?

I swear, you don't have to be a sunshine pumper but you doom and gloom people make it sound like we just rehired smellslikebourbon.
dude, take it easy. i didn't say he was gonna fumble every time or anything like that. i think the statement pretty well goes for any player. he's had a past and i'm just saying he's gonna be a great player as long as he corrects that problem. he very well already could have. you need to get your panties out of a wad, you're the one being a jackass. calm down, scooter

Blue
9/6/2006, 11:24 PM
dude, take it easy. i didn't say he was gonna fumble every time or anything like that. i think the statement pretty well goes for any player. he's had a past and i'm just saying he's gonna be a great player as long as he corrects that problem. he very well already could have. you need to get your panties out of a wad, you're the one being a jackass. calm down, scooter

What's his past? This was the 1st game he has returned punts.

Snrfn4ever08
9/6/2006, 11:26 PM
What's his past? This was the 1st game he has returned punts.
unless i'm mistaken, i'm pretty sure he did it at least once last year and fumbled, which is why he never got to do it again. i may be wrong, though