PDA

View Full Version : DVR Tension

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 08:12 PM
So I've got a new DVR and I taped the OU game the other night while going over to a friend's house to watch college games all day on his four-TV set-up. I tape a few more shows Sunday and Monday (including FSU-Miami), only to discover the DVR automatically erased the OU game. I thought that the DVR could store up to 50 hours of programming and I could've sworn that I had taped less than 50 hours. My friend told me in the future that when recording something, be sure to put it on the save until manually erased option. Will that do the trick?
So I'll have to record the Bob Stoops show later this week on FSN to get the highlights of the UAB game.:(

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 08:14 PM
So I've got a new DVR and I taped the OU game the other night while going over to a friend's house to watch college games all day on his four-TV set-up. I tape a few more shows Sunday and Monday (including FSU-Miami), only to discover the DVR automatically erased the OU game. I thought that the DVR could store up to 50 hours of programming and I could've sworn that I had taped less than 50 hours. My friend told me in the future that when recording something, be sure to put it on the save until manually erased option. Will that do the trick?
So I'll have to record the Bob Stoops show later this week on FSN to get the highlights of the UAB game.:(
you just became my best friend. i didn't know the playbacks show was shown again and i was ****ed when i missed it sunday. please tell me when it's supposed to come on

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 08:16 PM
you just became my best friend. i didn't know the playbacks show was shown again and i was ****ed when i missed it sunday. please tell me when it's supposed to come on
I think it comes on Friday afternoons on FSN Southwest.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 08:18 PM
I think it comes on Friday afternoons on FSN Southwest.
cool. does fsn have a schedule up on their site??

1991SOONER
9/5/2006, 08:19 PM

Its easy to do. I had taped the Jason White Heisman trophy presentation on DVR back 3 years ago when DVR was still new. It was one of the first programs that I taped using the DVR and I accidently erased it :mad:

I still kick myself for that!! Arrrghhh!!

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 08:21 PM
Its easy to do. I had taped the Jason White Heisman trophy presentation on DVR back 3 years ago when DVR was still new. It was one of the first programs that I taped using the DVR and I accidently erased it :mad:

I still kick myself for that!! Arrrghhh!!
darn new-fangled contraptions:D

jwlynn64
9/5/2006, 08:24 PM
Usually there is a setting for how long to keep a program. If you have it set for "Until Space is Needed" you are leaving it up to chance. Also, HD programming uses much more space than regular programs. You might not have as much space as you thought.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 08:25 PM
Usually there is a setting for how long to keep a program. If you have it set for "Until Space is Needed" you are leaving it up to chance. Also, HD programming uses much more space than regular programs. You might not have as much space as you thought.
what if they don't have hd??

jbstrick
9/5/2006, 08:45 PM
FSN has the Stoops show replaying at 12:00pm on Friday

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 08:46 PM
FSN has the Stoops show replaying at 12:00pm on Friday
thanks man. have some spek

Soonervol
9/5/2006, 08:51 PM
cool. does fsn have a schedule up on their site??

Friday's show on FSNSW is not the replay. It's a 30 minute program. See link
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&KEY=&ATCLID=24461&SPID=190&SPSID=4637

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 09:00 PM
Friday's show on FSNSW is not the replay. It's a 30 minute program. See link
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&KEY=&ATCLID=24461&SPID=190&SPSID=4637
dang

jbstrick
9/5/2006, 09:00 PM
Friday's show on FSNSW is not the replay. It's a 30 minute program.

Crap. You're right. :eek: Here is the description.

TV: Inside Sooner Football with Bob Stoops
This 30-minute video magazine gives an insider's look at Sooner football. Inside Sooner Football with Bob Stoops airs on KWTV-9 in Oklahoma City, KWBT-TV 19 in Tulsa, KOMI-TV 24 in Woodward, KSWO-TV 7 in Lawton, Fox Sports Net Southwest. Each week throughout the season, Stoops previews the upcoming game and provides viewers a unique perspective with special features and profiles on Sooner football.

The description contains, 'Sooner', 'football' and 'Stoops'. That is good enought for me to watch.