PDA

View Full Version : The Katie Couric experiment

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 06:59 PM
ok, so i was mildly curiuos as to how Katie Couric would handle the evening news.......mrs jk likes charlie whats his name on ABC, so thats what we watch...and frankly, he's pretty good

but tonite i put it on CBS - and i didnt like it......put aside whether Katie is hittable or not......its an issue of being "type cast"......tonite the news had a "good morning" feel to it.....

no idea how the rest of america will take to her as an evening news anchor but i'll not be watching it

hurricane'bone
9/5/2006, 07:06 PM
meh. It was the evening news.

What did you think of the "freespeech" thing they are going to have?

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 07:09 PM
i switched it when she got all touchy feely in the interview with Friedman

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/5/2006, 07:42 PM
Didnt watch it.

News just depresses me these days

proud gonzo
9/5/2006, 08:19 PM
i avoid the news. ironic since i'm a journalism student :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/5/2006, 08:23 PM
Her eyes looked screwed up to me.

One was smaller than the other one IMO.

swardboy
9/5/2006, 08:26 PM
Rush Limbaugh is on Thursday's "Free Speech" section. That'll get ratings..

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 08:33 PM
I have a feeling it'll go the way of the ill-fated Pat Sajak Show, which CBS endlessly trumped as the answer to its late-night ills. Wasn't the case, and CBS continued to be a late-night wasteland until they stumbled on a guy named Letterman.
I don't think Couric can shake the perception of being a "morning talk show" person trying to do the evening news. But correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Tom Brokaw do the Today show before getting the NBC Nightly News anchor spot? He turned out to be pretty good in the end.

OklahomaTuba
9/5/2006, 08:36 PM
Who the hell cares whose reading the words off the teleprompter? BFD.

Funny though, how SeeBS news, the most biased news ever, is using a NY Times hack in their broadcast.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 09:08 PM
The most memorable moment Katie Couric will ever have is when we all looked up her pooper. Well, by "we all" I mean y'all, cause I've never watched the yainch, and never will.

badger
9/5/2006, 09:25 PM
The impression I got was she is willing to do anything for the public to like the show. For example, she is asking for help on a closing catchphrase.

Personally, I think she's trying too hard.

picasso
9/5/2006, 09:26 PM
i switched it when she got all touchy feely in the interview with Friedman
Friedman? Here comes Kaiser and Prophet.:D

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 09:34 PM
The impression I got was she is willing to do anything for the public to like the show. For example, she is asking for help on a closing catchphrase.

Personally, I think she's trying too hard.

Anything? Like letting a camera go up her pooper? Her closing catchphrase could be "from deep within my bowels, I bid you....... goodnight."

trwxxa
9/5/2006, 09:50 PM
She looked heavier than I imagined.:D

badger
9/5/2006, 09:51 PM
okay, so I tuned in about five minutes after the start of the show.

really, it seems to be a nightly news show--- the desk, the backdrop, the host and the theme music. However, they added new segments. They had old photos and clips from old shows. They had the documentary Supersize Me guy on (who talked about how politics are... yeah, whatever. he really said a lot of nothing).

Her catchphrase was something like "I hope you come back tomorrow night." She should have said "thank you for shopping at k-mart."

OklahomaTuba
9/5/2006, 09:59 PM
Her catchphrase was something like "I hope you come back tomorrow night."

Since only the elderly actually watch this shiat on a regular basis, its probably a genuine concern.

GottaHavePride
9/5/2006, 11:02 PM
Who the hell cares whose reading the words off the teleprompter? BFD.

I like how the British put those people in their place by referring to them as "news readers". Keeps them from having delusions of grandeur.

picasso
9/5/2006, 11:18 PM
"stay classy, world."

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 11:56 PM
"stay classy, world."
I thought it was "stay classy, planet Earth."

KaiserSooner
9/6/2006, 12:19 AM
Friedman? Here comes Kaiser and Prophet.:D

:D

Actually, that was the best part of the broadcast. Otherwise, I agree with jk, that it had a bubbly, giggly, morning talk show feel. Twasn't impressed by it.

When I do watch the evening news, I usually watch Brian Williams out of habit, but I like the Gibson dude too. I'll just stick with those two.

StoopTroup
9/6/2006, 01:00 AM
She just hasn't done her dues IMO.

Just being on the Today Show is not a qualifier for the Evening spot.

She'll fail IMO.

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 06:07 PM
I've never rubbed one out to the CBS Evening News before. All in all, not bad!

bri
9/6/2006, 06:16 PM
The Katie Couric Experiment was my favorite progressive rock group from the late 70's to early 80's.

Oh, wait, that's the Alan Parsons Project I'm thinking of. Never mind.

I am the eye in the sky, looking at youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

picasso
9/6/2006, 06:19 PM
I've never rubbed one out to the CBS Evening News before. All in all, not bad!
so there's hidden meaning to your username after all.