PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Career builders to recuit people?

jeremy885
9/5/2006, 06:35 PM
So, I'm getting an underling. My company is cheap and won't let me use Robert Half, so we have to put an ad on Career Builders for a Staff Accountant, 4 year degree in Finance or Accounting, and 3-5 years of experience. Pretty cut and dry requirements, right? Well all, except for one applicant, I've had isn't qualified and the one that is has a degree from Bahrain or something.

Anyone know how to limit the BS applications on these, or is this pretty standard for an open position?

SCOUT
9/5/2006, 07:02 PM
So, I'm getting an underling. My company is cheap and won't let me use Robert Half, so we have to put an ad on Career Builders for a Staff Accountant, 4 year degree in Finance or Accounting, and 3-5 years of experience. Pretty cut and dry requirements, right? Well all, except for one applicant, I've had isn't qualified and the one that is has a degree from Bahrain or something.

Anyone know how to limit the BS applications on these, or is this pretty standard for an open position?
You can tighten the job description by adding requirements and hope people self select out.

Careerbuilder will allow you set up a pre-screening quiz. You can have every candidate take this quiz before they submit their resume for your job. The questions can be job specific to test their knowledge or it can be things like, "I have a college degree." etc.

It has worked pretty well for us.

jeremy885
9/5/2006, 07:06 PM
The pre-screening quiz should work. HR set it up the ad, so I doubt they know how to add it to the job posting. Is it a plain sight option, or do you have to dig for it?

SCOUT
9/5/2006, 07:11 PM
The pre-screening quiz should work. HR set it up the ad, so I doubt they know how to add it to the job posting. Is it a plain sight option, or do you have to dig for it?

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is call Careerbuilder and they will set it up for you. Their customer service is top notch.

jeremy885
9/5/2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks, I'll get our HR lady on it tomorrow.