PDA

View Full Version : OU Gameday Thoughts

BoonesFarmSooner
9/5/2006, 04:02 PM
I'm back from Norman and see that the game against UAB has been hashed over enough. So, here are some thoughts on Gameday from Saturday...

1. It annoys me to see people dressed in plaid shorts and a baby blue short sleeve shirt at OU games. Good grief people, is it that difficult to wear RED? Or at least white? I also saw several people walking around in black shirts with "SOONERS" on the front. The stadium looks much better on TV as a sea of RED and I'm sure it's more impressive to recruits.

2. Campus Corner is a much better place on Gameday now that they block off the streets. Plus there isn't at much riff-raff as what's over outside of O'Connells and the Sooner Textbooks parking lot.

3. UT fans claim we are obsessed with them, so why are there tons of longhorn fans at OU games? We saw a lot of them at the Holiday Bowl, then saw two groups of about 10-12 UT fans walking around the campus on gameday. This was at 1:30 when their game against North Texas State was still going on.

4. The student section at OU is much more impressive now than it was several years ago. They get there early, they are loud and into the game. This was the first time I've sat on the west side and I was really impressed with the student section.

5. It would be nice if OU would play some of the highlight videos before the game to get everyone excited for kick-off. I'm sure LASooner wouldn't mind!

6. The intro with the new video, the pride running out onto the field, the Oklahoma flag is freaking PRICELESS!

Here's some video I took from Saturday. And no bitching about the quality, I was juggling a FULL flask of whiskey, three women, and a tiny digital camera. Ok, maybe that's a stretch with the women...

OU Gameday 1
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4cdepnd

OU Gameday 2
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=34ii6hu

OU Gameday 3
http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4dxm6th

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/5/2006, 04:46 PM
Very cool

Blues1
9/5/2006, 04:57 PM
Great --- Us out of state guys really thank you.....
Give us more this week......Keep Rockin'

soonersam
9/5/2006, 05:09 PM
I bet you really hat the plaid shorts wearin riff-raff at O'Connells..??

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2006, 05:14 PM
I'll be posting some video and pics as well tonight in a new thread titled "For those that can't attend the games."

OUster
9/5/2006, 05:20 PM
Great --- Us out of state guys really thank you.....

DITTO...I had a smile on my face the whole time I was watching it. Thanks!

1991SOONER
9/5/2006, 05:26 PM
3. UT fans claim we are obsessed with them, so why are there tons of longhorn fans at OU games? We saw a lot of them at the Holiday Bowl, then saw two groups of about 10-12 UT fans walking around the campus on gameday. This was at 1:30 when their game against North Texas State was still going on.

I always found this funny also. It couldn't be further from the truth. Typical narcissistic and pompous t-sip attititude.

Funny thing is, whenever you want to know what AD or some other star player had for breakfast, all you have to do is ask a die-hard Longhorn fan. They seem to know more about our program than we do:rolleyes:

soonersweetie
9/5/2006, 06:11 PM
Thank you so much for the video clips, gives me goosebumps. They never show that part on the tv broadcasts.

As for what people wear to the game, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. It's like showing up at an OU game with a Raiders tshirt, or something orange on, be for real. Even if you don't have anything red, white would work. Or even something neutral like a gray shirt and an OU hat. Just not blue or orange or green or whatever.

daddywarbucks
9/5/2006, 06:17 PM
Anyone in orange burnt or otherwise should be tossed over the top of the stadium wall, repeat if necessary.

Did I go too far with that one????? .....naw

TXBOOMER
9/5/2006, 06:27 PM
Roy Williams had a baby blue shirt and blue jeans on.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/5/2006, 06:48 PM
Roy Williams had a baby blue shirt and blue jeans on.

He does coach at North Carolina now...

;)

The Maestro
9/5/2006, 06:49 PM
Hey, Boones...can we get a link of the video from Friday night?

sendbaht
9/5/2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks so much enjoy all three!

BoonesFarmSooner
9/6/2006, 08:07 AM
Hey, Boones...can we get a link of the video from Friday night?

Uhm... Uh..... I have no idea what you're talking about!

:eek:

MiccoMacey
9/6/2006, 10:36 AM
Uhm... Uh..... BoonesFarmSooner have no idea what you're talking about!

:eek:

Fixed.

I always liked it when you'd refer to yourself in the third person.

fadada1
9/6/2006, 11:33 AM
AWESOME!!!

seeing that really makes me miss home games even more than i already do.

keep it up.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/6/2006, 01:37 PM
Damn Micco, Boones is impressed with your memory!