PDA

View Full Version : Ford gets a new CEO from Boenig

royalfan5
9/5/2006, 03:33 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/05/news/companies/ford/index.htm

Ford is still a terrible mess that hasn't been able to pick a direction and stick with it the last few years. I don't know if an outsider jerking them in another new direction will help.

1stTimeCaller
9/5/2006, 03:35 PM
I wonder if the new guy at Ford gave Boeing a two week notice?

;)

mdklatt
9/5/2006, 03:53 PM
It's about damn time we get that flying car we've been promised for decades. :mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/5/2006, 04:14 PM
He had to leave Boeing - dude wuddn't gettin' it done.

:les: OR SO I'M TOLD!!!

sooner n houston
9/5/2006, 04:28 PM
Until Ford clears up this little issue, I don't look for much improvement from them!

Ford sales have consistently dropped since AFA began the boycott. The drop in March was 5%, April 7%, May 2%, June 6.8%, and July 4.1%.

Ford has made yet another donation to a homosexual group pushing homosexual marriage. And they continued supporting homosexual marriage with ads in two homosexual publications—The Advocate and OUT.

Ford is listed by Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) as being a "Topaz" sponsor of PFLAG. PFLAG did not identify the specific amount required to be a Topaz sponsor, perhaps because they did not want the amount made public. Nevertheless, it requires a considerable sum to be a PFLAG "Topaz" sponsor.

Here is the policy statement from PFLAG: "PFLAG supports revision of federal and state statutes to extend to persons in same-gender committed relations the right to marry with the full legal rights and benefits, as well as responsibilities and obligations." PFLAG is a leader in promoting the pro-homosexual agenda and legalizing homosexual marriage

Ford obviously agreed with the goal of PFLAG to legalize homosexual marriage, else they would not have made the donation to help PFLAG.

When Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX), an organization helping homosexuals come out of the homosexual lifestyle, asked Ford for a grant, Ford refused. In fact, in our research AFA did not find that Ford gave a donation of any amount to any organization helping those who want out of the homosexual lifestyle. Ford says they are committed to diversity, but their definition of diversity is evidently confined to supporting only pro-homosexual organizations.

Ford continued their support of the homosexual lifestyle by advertising in the August, 2006 issues of both The Advocate and OUT. They placed a full page ad in OUT and two full pages in The Advocate. Ford has been supporting homosexual media with advertising for years.

IB4OU2
9/5/2006, 04:34 PM
He had to leave Boeing - dude wuddn't gettin' it done.

:les: OR SO I'M TOLD!!!

True! punctuated by Boeing and Northrop both losing the CRV contract to Lockheed-

http://www.esa.int/esaHS/ESARZS0VMOC_iss_0.html

and that succs....

mdklatt
9/5/2006, 04:59 PM
Ford sales have consistently dropped since AFA began the boycott. The drop in March was 5%, April 7%, May 2%, June 6.8%, and July 4.1%.

I'm sure the drop in sales has nothing to do with Ford's reliance on selling gas guzzling trucks and SUVs in the era of $3/gallon gasoline.

BeetDigger
9/5/2006, 09:37 PM
I think the competition from Toyota and Honda is a bit tougher than Airbus. :D

Scott D
9/6/2006, 05:41 AM
I'm sure the drop in sales has nothing to do with Ford's reliance on selling gas guzzling trucks and SUVs in the era of $3/gallon gasoline.

forget it, he's gotta push his agenda.

sooner n houston
9/6/2006, 08:47 AM

I'm not saying the AFA boycott is the only problem Ford has. They are however doing worse than Chevy and Dodge. I think that that difference is attributable to the boycott.

royalfan5
9/6/2006, 09:45 AM
I'm not saying the AFA boycott is the only problem Ford has. They are however doing worse than Chevy and Dodge. I think that that difference is attributable to the boycott.
Or perhaps it's because they make cars that people don't find appealing in North America?

Scott D
9/6/2006, 11:50 AM

Ford's problem is that it's still OWNED by the Ford family. Look at the Lions for christ's sake.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/6/2006, 12:45 PM
True! punctuated by Boeing and Northrop both losing the CRV contract to Lockheed-

http://www.esa.int/esaHS/ESARZS0VMOC_iss_0.html

and that succs....

I dont think that's part of the commercial aircraft division is it? As far as him getting the job done, he gets the credit (dont know if its deserved) for the 777 and the 787 which are both pretty successful.

Editors note: Outsiders POV.

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 09:09 PM
Until Ford clears up this little issue, I don't look for much improvement from them!

Ford has made yet another donation to a homosexual group pushing homosexual marriage. And they continued supporting homosexual marriage with ads in two homosexual publications—The Advocate and OUT.

Ford is listed by Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) as being a "Topaz" sponsor of PFLAG. PFLAG did not identify the specific amount required to be a Topaz sponsor, perhaps because they did not want the amount made public. Nevertheless, it requires a considerable sum to be a PFLAG "Topaz" sponsor.

Here is the policy statement from PFLAG: "PFLAG supports revision of federal and state statutes to extend to persons in same-gender committed relations the right to marry with the full legal rights and benefits, as well as responsibilities and obligations." PFLAG is a leader in promoting the pro-homosexual agenda and legalizing homosexual marriage

Ford obviously agreed with the goal of PFLAG to legalize homosexual marriage, else they would not have made the donation to help PFLAG.

When Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX), an organization helping homosexuals come out of the homosexual lifestyle, asked Ford for a grant, Ford refused. In fact, in our research AFA did not find that Ford gave a donation of any amount to any organization helping those who want out of the homosexual lifestyle. Ford says they are committed to diversity, but their definition of diversity is evidently confined to supporting only pro-homosexual organizations.

Ford continued their support of the homosexual lifestyle by advertising in the August, 2006 issues of both The Advocate and OUT. They placed a full page ad in OUT and two full pages in The Advocate. Ford has been supporting homosexual media with advertising for years.

I thought homosexuality was a choice. Why would anyone need help leaving the lifestyle if it's just a choice?

I suppose that in order to promote diversity, Ford just give donations to the KKK that match those to the NAACP or UNCF.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 09:37 PM
Why would anyone need help leaving the lifestyle if it's just a choice?
Maybe a former drug addict could answer this question for us?

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 09:39 PM

Wow, and here I thought drug addiction was a disease with actual physiological changes and dependencies.

Unlike homosexuality, which is just a choice.

OklahomaTuba
9/6/2006, 09:52 PM
Wow, and here I thought people living lifestyles that are choices didn't require anyhelp getting out of them.

All those drug abuse clincs must be a huge waste of time and money then!

Frozen Sooner
9/6/2006, 10:01 PM
Careful, Tuba, you're off in the land of "Not making any sense" again.

Not that you ever leave for long.

So, for the record, are you saying that homosexuality involves both psychological and physiological differences from heterosexuals? Or are you saying that true addicts DON'T exhibit psychological or physiological differences from non-addicts?

Which way are you going to go, champ?

badger
9/6/2006, 11:13 PM
what does Bill Ford and company being homosexual (marriage supporting) have to do with their declining profits?

Mongo
9/7/2006, 12:30 AM
Well, GM's stock will sure to drop even more when they introduce the Geo Metro-sexual.

Sooner Eclipse
9/7/2006, 12:31 AM
what does Bill Ford and company being homosexual (marriage supporting) have to do with their declining profits?

As an employee of a subsid of Ford, I feel that it is having an effect on them to some extent. A boycott of Ford products has been called for by conservative groups.

I say if they want to advertise directly to gay groups, let them. But I think their time/money would be better spent building a better product that attracts all types of people rather than trying to convince individual political groups to buy their products because they support their diverse (read perverse) lifestyle. (oh yeah, NTTAWWT)

I do wish, however, that they would quit trying to force their political opinions on the subject down my throat. Their diversity training is particularly insulting and does more to irritate and alienate rank and file employees than anything.

Also wish they would quit giving funds to pro gay PACS. Given how they've f'ed up my 401K (ford stock nosedive), if they want to spend money with PACs, spend the money on a PAC that will actually help their cause of increasing market share and profitability.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/7/2006, 12:34 AM
Is that why so many lesbians I see drive Ford Rangers?

Sooner Eclipse
9/7/2006, 12:41 AM
Is that why so many lesbians I see drive Ford Rangers?

No, those lesbians cant fit their better half into the back of a subaru.

Mongo
9/7/2006, 12:41 AM
I thought women driving trucks was sexy, until I noticed those women had shorter hair and dipped more than me.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/7/2006, 12:44 AM
More mullets and flannel than Joe Dirt at a logging competition.

RacerX
9/7/2006, 06:30 AM
heh, I had to google to figure out what AFA meant.

GEEZ. SnH I sure the hell hope you don't watch ESPN, ABC, or shop at Borders. I'm sure there's a brazilian organizations you better stay away from.

1stTimeCaller
9/7/2006, 08:37 AM

Tuba, the President is too busy fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to be bothered with a question like this.