OUstudent4life
9/5/2006, 03:13 PM
edit - dangit, beat me to it :D

go read the other thread.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 03:14 PM
Well, we'll see what our OC can do...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2574570

At least mini-Ditka sounds constructive :D.
i'll kill 'em. you DO NOT criticize perfection, dammit

Boomer.....
Nice article.

OUstudent4life
Well, we'll see what our OC can do...

At least mini-Ditka sounds constructive :D.

soonerlaw
9/5/2006, 03:20 PM
Peterson said he thought there were a lot of "little things" he needed to work on while the 15th-ranked Sooners prepare to play Washington on Saturday. Oklahoma fell five spots -- farther than any team that won its opening game -- in the AP poll that was released Tuesday.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Veritas
9/5/2006, 03:23 PM
Oklahoma fell five spots -- farther than any team that won its opening game -- in the AP poll that was released Tuesday.
Notre Dame's continued presence in the Top 5 should remind us all that polls are bull****.

RooseveltRoughRider
9/5/2006, 03:46 PM
That Bullllllll#@$%$....

Although Wilson may be right...if the Sooners plan on winning alot of games this year.
I still think it's crap that AD did what he was supposed to do when he had the ball. Wilson SHOULD be telling the O-line and the receivers to man up for their lackluster performance.

And if Wilson thinks his offense cant win without AD having a gazillion yards then he should have GAVE HIM THE DAMN BALL in the first half.

I still say you all should have kept Leach. OR at least his offense. He has a 1,000 yard Rusher every season. AD playing against defenses defending for the pass = 2,000 yard seasons and deadly offense every week. People would be so scared of OU's offense that they would play conservative offense of their own just to keep them off the field. Whihc will make your defense look better..

I know my opinion doesnt really matter....but jeez! The last two Sooner games were won because AD played his butt off.

boomrsoonr
9/5/2006, 03:55 PM
I agree with Wilson. AD was so busy dancing around and trying to make plays, he was tackled so much easier than he ever has been. I think it's a valid criticism and I think AD agrees with him based on what is in the article.

If AD just goes out there and plays tough, he'll be pretty much unstoppable. I saw him get tackled more times in that game by a single player than he has the past two seasons.

I'm not criticising him, I just think he tried too hard to carry the whole weight of the team on his shoulders.

Rogue
9/5/2006, 03:59 PM
I admire AD's sense of accountability. Dood had a very good game statistically, gets coached about what he could have done better and basically says, "You're right, coach."

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2006, 04:04 PM
I still say you all should have kept Leach.

Wasn't really our decision was it?

He has a 1,000 yard Rusher every season.

Since when? :confused:

AD playing against defenses defending for the pass = 2,000 yard seasons and deadly offense every week.

Kind of tough to get 2,000 yards on 15 carries a game don't you think?

People would be so scared of OU's offense that they would play conservative offense of their own just to keep them off the field.

They already do this.

I know my opinion doesnt really matter.

How 'bout that. You finally got something right. :texan:

msteudem
9/5/2006, 04:05 PM
I agree with Wilson. AD was so busy dancing around and trying to make plays, he was tackled so much easier than he ever has been. I think it's a valid criticism and I think AD agrees with him based on what is in the article.

If AD just goes out there and plays tough, he'll be pretty much unstoppable. I saw him get tackled more times in that game by a single player than he has the past two seasons.

I'm not criticising him, I just think he tried too hard to carry the whole weight of the team on his shoulders.

I noticed AD doing that also Saturday. There were time when he didn't go to the open hole because he was cutting back and dancing too much. Also he needs to use those big strong guns of his to hold onto the ball.

Good article.

yermom
9/5/2006, 04:07 PM
That Bullllllll#@$%$....

Although Wilson may be right...if the Sooners plan on winning alot of games this year.
I still think it's crap that AD did what he was supposed to do when he had the ball. Wilson SHOULD be telling the O-line and the receivers to man up for their lackluster performance.

And if Wilson thinks his offense cant win without AD having a gazillion yards then he should have GAVE HIM THE DAMN BALL in the first half.

I still say you all should have kept Leach. OR at least his offense. He has a 1,000 yard Rusher every season. AD playing against defenses defending for the pass = 2,000 yard seasons and deadly offense every week. People would be so scared of OU's offense that they would play conservative offense of their own just to keep them off the field. Whihc will make your defense look better..

I know my opinion doesnt really matter....but jeez! The last two Sooner games were won because AD played his butt off.

so he doesn't need to block on passing downs?

huh, maybe you should be coaching the offense :rolleyes:

RooseveltRoughRider
9/5/2006, 04:11 PM

I don't think Ad "LET" people tackle him. I mean, it's not like anyone ELSE had any rushing yards. OU had 143 and 139 were AD's. How is that HIS fault? He had more total yards than the rest of the team combined despite barely getting the ball in the 1st half. Sounds like Wilson needs to tighten up his shot group and quit pointing fingers. Im not even a Sooner fan but that ****es me off that he has his star offensive player in Headlines all over the net detailing that discussion. They coulda discussed that in private and kept everything inhouse. Just doesnt seem right to me..

Sooner47
9/5/2006, 04:11 PM
I believe Peterson would be an even better back if he forgot the dancing and would do what the Denver Broncos preach to their backs who always gain lots of yards - one cut and done. You have to be more patient than Peterson has shown so far in finding the hole and making the one cut but it does work year after year after year for the Broncos backs.

douxpaysan
9/5/2006, 04:12 PM
That Bullllllll#@$%$....

If our running backs didn't want to be coached they would have gone to Texas.

RooseveltRoughRider
9/5/2006, 04:12 PM
so he doesn't need to block on passing downs?

huh, maybe you should be coaching the offense :rolleyes:

I saw him blocking plenty of times. Given, once was a hold, but damn...AD carries the offenase and he is criticized, but PT and the Recievers combine for 2 picks and nothing is said.

rogcoley
9/5/2006, 04:13 PM
Do they automatically return the five ranking spots we were dropped if UAB starts winning next week? It's a rhetorical question.

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 04:15 PM
I saw him blocking plenty of times. Given, once was a hold, but damn...AD carries the offenase and he is criticized, but PT and the Recievers combine for 2 picks and nothing is said.

jeezus are you clueless? did you not get the part of the article where Wilson tells AD "if you're a man, you'll go out in that locker room and tell the team you could have played better"

seriously...you DO get what he's trying to do dont you?

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 04:16 PM
I don't think Ad "LET" people tackle him. I mean, it's not like anyone ELSE had any rushing yards. OU had 143 and 139 were AD's. How is that HIS fault? He had more total yards than the rest of the team combined despite barely getting the ball in the 1st half. Sounds like Wilson needs to tighten up his shot group and quit pointing fingers. Im not even a Sooner fan but that ****es me off that he has his star offensive player in Headlines all over the net detailing that discussion. They coulda discussed that in private and kept everything inhouse. Just doesnt seem right to me..

No whorn, it sounds like you need to STFU. Your team is the one that keeps everything "in house." Our team is made up of accountable men with shoulders broad enough to handle constructive criticism. Your team needs a coach who sucks the player's dicks. Our team needs a coach who can coach. Go **** up a rope. And it's Tuesday. You're one C-hair from getting baned.

RacerX
9/5/2006, 04:17 PM
best thread evar!!!!

RooseveltRoughRider
9/5/2006, 04:18 PM
If our running backs didn't want to be coached they would have gone to Texas.

:rolleyes: thats hilarious.....I doubt your coaches are responsible for Adrian Petersons talent or success. I knew him before any of you probably heard of him and he has been good since he was a young teenager in Anderson County. Admit that Wilson is the problem. :D

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2006, 04:18 PM
jeezus are you clueless? did you not get the part of the article where Wilson tells AD "if you're a man, you'll go out in that locker room and tell the team you could have played better"

seriously...you DO get what he's trying to do dont you?

Unless it involves dime bags and hand guns, Austin football fans don't seem to know much about what star football players and leadership mean in a team environment.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/5/2006, 04:19 PM
No whorn, it sounds like you need to STFU. Your team is the one that keeps everything "in house." Our team is made up of accountable men with shoulders broad enough to handle constructive criticism. Your team needs a coach who sucks the player's dicks. Our team needs a coach who can coach. Go **** up a rope. And it's Tuesday. You're one C-hair from getting baned.

http://www.e-chair.com/images/chair.jpg

douxpaysan
Whatever happened to "no whorn tuesdays" you toothless bareassed mealymouthed instigator...

Ike
I agree with Wilson here....except on one point. This should never have left the locker room.

Otherwise, I see absolutely no problem with it...even superstuds like AD need to be told when they are capable of doing more, and how to have that translate into more points on the board.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/5/2006, 04:21 PM
I agree with Wilson here....except on one point. This should never have left the locker room.

this isn't the first time he's done this. i just think we are going to have to get used to it.

RooseveltRoughRider
9/5/2006, 04:22 PM

BAN ME! Do you think I give a damn about a Message Board??!?!?! I live in the real world. My manhood is not defined by having admin controls on a freakin message board! Thats gay as hell, and very hornsfans-like. Go ahead, ban me and get your little rocks off.

The fact remains you barely beat UAB and it's your superstar coaches who had to fight to become bowl eligible that are to blame. So ban me you redneck. I dont need to be present to know your in meltdown over here.!:pop:

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2006, 04:24 PM
Well....Bye.

RacerX
9/5/2006, 04:24 PM
replace the word criticize with coach

After Keenan didn't get a possible Reggie springing block on a punt return, Shipp coached him plenty in his earhole.

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 04:27 PM
coached - yes.......also - get in that locker room and take leadership of the team...he's got the work ethic to set the example, if he goes out and says "i can play better, so can you"......its alot better than saying "you all need to play better, dont you know i'm gunning for the heisman"

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/5/2006, 04:27 PM
Well....Bye.

as you wish

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 04:29 PM
BAN ME! Do you think I give a damn about a Message Board??!?!?! I live in the real world. My manhood is not defined by having admin controls on a freakin message board! Thats gay as hell, and very hornsfans-like. Go ahead, ban me and get your little rocks off.

The fact remains you barely beat UAB and it's your superstar coaches who had to fight to become bowl eligible that are to blame. So ban me you redneck. I dont need to be present to know your in meltdown over here.!:pop:

1. You must be a man to define manhood.

2. My rocks are not little. Ask your sister.

3. If this were whornfans, you'd have been gone by your 2nd post.

4. Superstar coaches and bowl eligible? Are you drunk?

5. Indeed, my neck is red.

6. Meltdown over here? Yeah, we're just gonna have to cancel the season.

It's Tuesday, you're a filthy whorn, and you've got no business in a thread like this. If I bane you, it won't be due to anything you say to me. I simply consider the source. Now another mod may give you the 86, but I won't. Well not for bashing me anyhow.

Sooner Schemer
9/5/2006, 04:29 PM
Isn't Cale Gundy supposed to be coaching AD?
Doesn't he bear any responsibility in all this?

rhombic21
9/5/2006, 04:30 PM
I'm glad that we have coaches who can hold our superstar players accountable. And I'm even more glad that our superstar players don't walk around acting like they're better than everybody else and they don't need coaching.

1stTimeCaller
9/5/2006, 04:32 PM
meltdown mode?

Anyhoo. I think it's great that Coach Wilson was letting AD know that he's the leader and the guys need to see him step up not only on the field but in the lockerroom too.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/5/2006, 04:32 PM
1. You must be a man to define manhood.

2. My rocks are not little. Ask your sister.

3. If this were whornfans, you'd have been gone by your 2nd post.

4. Superstar coaches and bowl eligible? Are you drunk?

5. Indeed, my neck is red.

6. Meltdown over here? Yeah, we're just gonna have to cancel the season.

It's Tuesday, you're a filthy whorn, and you've got no business in a thread like this. If I bane you, it won't be due to anything you say to me. I simply consider the source. Now another mod may give you the 86, but I won't. Well not for bashing me anyhow.

i put him in time out for a couple of days. he can still post...

toast
9/5/2006, 04:36 PM
it may be just me, but I have a feeling that AD will be responding to said criticism Saturday and it won't be a pretty sight for anyone on Washington's defense.

douxpaysan
9/5/2006, 04:37 PM

This whorn fool does make you think about all those Texas running backs who are and were being "coached up" by Mack and Company. What a waste...

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 04:40 PM
This whorn fool does make you think about all those Texas running backs who are and were being "coached up" by Mack and Company. What a waste...

If AD stays healthy he will win the Heisman, and make millions of $$ in the NFL. Most importantly, he will be a good citizen. Very much unlike the past few whorn running backs who've gone to the NFL. But enough about them. It is Tuesday dammit.

sooneron
9/5/2006, 04:57 PM
Maybe Wilson should have just clapped and given AD a hug. I don't think that AD cares that there's some article on the innerweb about this. Did Wilson give him an f-bomb laden tirade? No. He told Adrian what he needed to do to get better aqnd asked him to won up to it. Big deal. I like the fact that he's calling on Adrian to be a leader even more.

sooneron
9/5/2006, 04:59 PM
The coaches should just let AD be AD, I guess. :rolleyes:

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 05:09 PM
really, the only thing ad needs to work on that i can tell is that against uab and oregon, he seemed to be running wild at times. (see a.d.'s fumble). i couldn't really tell if those two things are even related because i didn't have the best view from my seat, but he seems to be fumbling a lot more lately

GDC
9/5/2006, 05:33 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA

OUGreg723
9/5/2006, 05:36 PM
Great Article!

westcoast_sooner
9/5/2006, 05:43 PM
IMO, KW did the right thing. Next year AD will be asked to do exactly the same thing. He's simply trying to make the kid a better player. Sometimes he tries too hard to make a play and ends up hurting the team (see last year's UCLA game and that wild pitch). AD needs to be one of the offensive leaders on this team along with PT. If AD goes out and tells the guys that he needs to be better, it sends a huge message to the rest of the guys - that they need to work harder and get better too.

Landthief 1972
9/5/2006, 05:51 PM
Wilson should have gone up to AD after the game and told him how he relates to him because he has Snoop on his iPod, foshizzle.

soonerhubs
9/5/2006, 05:51 PM
KW did great. I imagine the team will tighten up and be better next week. Damn, I'm so happy it's football season again! :)

tator
9/5/2006, 07:01 PM

I don't think it's a matter of who's fault it is. It's more about what can they do better, and the OC identified a problem. What's so wrong about that?

olevetonahill
9/5/2006, 07:01 PM

Got ur *** in a crack didnt you ? :D

Wishboned
9/5/2006, 07:08 PM
That was a good article.

His attitude is probably as great as his talent.

Sadly we don't see that often enough anymore and I'm just thankful every day that AD came to play for OU.

VirginiaOkie
9/5/2006, 07:21 PM
I like the way Wilson challenged AD.

Even God gifted, super-human, extraordinary athletes need constructive criticism to remind them that they are human (ok, maybe more human than most of us, but human none-the-less)......

AlbqSooner
9/5/2006, 07:33 PM
Were you in the locker room? Didn't think so. I wasn't either, but I would be willing to wager a large portion of my net worth that virtually every player in the locker room got some advice on the need to improve. I certainly hope that is the case. Even if the Sooners blow Washington out, I expect that there will be players who will be told that they have things they need to improve on. I expect it, and if it happens, I will say that we have good people coaching.

ashley
9/5/2006, 07:35 PM
Valid but overblown. Players always get criticism fromcoaches and don't worry much about it. It ispart of the job.

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 09:56 PM
:rolleyes: thats hilarious.....I doubt your coaches are responsible for Adrian Petersons talent or success. I knew him before any of you probably heard of him and he has been good since he was a young teenager in Anderson County. Admit that Wilson is the problem. :D

Wilson is 2-0 as OUr OC. I don't think anyone needs to disrespect him.

SOONER44EVER
9/5/2006, 10:11 PM
Wilson is 2-0 as OUr OC. I don't think anyone needs to disrespect him.
And he even keeps me guessing as to which play is coming next. :D

OKC-SLC
9/5/2006, 10:37 PM
What a good kid we have in Adrian. Couldn't be more talented, takes care of his business off the field, keeps his nose clean, and above all is an absolute team player.

There are kids with 1/8 the talent who feel they are owed everything. By all accounts, no one practices harder than him.

We are fortunate, and we are going to miss the hell out of him. We need to remember every day he's here how lucky we are to have him as an ambassador.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 10:39 PM
What a good kid we have in Adrian. Couldn't be more talented, takes care of his business off the field, keeps his nose clean, and above all is an absolute team player.

There are kids with 1/8 the talent who feel they are owed everything. By all accounts, no one practices harder than him.

We are fortunate, and we are going to miss the hell out of him. We need to remember every day he's here how lucky we are to have him as an ambassador.
ya gotta stop that. my eyes are wellin' :(

47straight
9/5/2006, 11:59 PM

HAHAHA! YOU'RE PULLING A MACK MOVE AND ACTING LIKE YOU GET TO CLAIM AD JUST BECAUSE HE PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IN TEXAS!

tbl
9/6/2006, 12:31 AM
While I'm not the biggest fan of this coming out in the media, I have to assume it will do nothing but good. I know we all remember when we had "the greatest team of all time", and apparently the guys started believing it as well. There have been many interviews with players from that team that openly admitted to believing the hype, so I think this is probably something that AD needs to hear, b/c no other RB in NCAA gets the hype like he does.

It's gotta be near impossible to live in reality when you're as high profile as he is, so it should do some good to get that from his coaches. Again, I'm not sure about the media side of it (just on principle), but in this case I think it might be okay.

I can't wait till Saturday...

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 12:50 AM
"I told him after the game, 'If you're a man, you need to go in and tell those guys you didn't play your best.' He was dancing too much early, he's looking for big plays instead of sticking it, being decisive and making great cuts," Wilson said.

"When he stops moving his feet, he's just another guy like everyone else," Wilson added.

I think KW hit the nail on the head. AD wasn't AD in the first half (until that break away run right before the half). He was dancing and moving too much. With a head of steam, he is one of the hardest backs in NCAA history to bring down one on one. When he chop-steps, he isn't as superhuman. AD sets up OUr whole O. What's more, he knows it. The best part is that he wants to improve. I love the fact that we have a coach like KW.

On another note, Kevin Sumlin needs to constructively criticize the hell out of Juaquin and BV and BJ Wright need to collectively punch the whole defense in the pecker and tell them it was Isaiah Stanback.

Everybody that dropped a ball needs to carry a football to class this week. They need to promise Ruuufus a big chicken dinner if he brings one back to Bob.

Sooner in Tampa
9/6/2006, 05:30 AM
Here is the most insightful part of the article

"When he's told all the time how good he is and you start thinking those things, you take things for granted and you try to make great plays or you don't play with the discipline and structure you need. That's his challenge as he goes to find out if he will really be a great, great player," he said.

EVERYBODY is telling AD what a stud he is...he needs someone to keep it real for him...and it sounds like AD knows this and appreciates it.

Texas Golfer
9/6/2006, 08:23 AM
That Bullllllll#@$%$....

Too bad your intelligence can't keep up with your passion.

1. Wilson was right.
2. Leach left to take the HC job at Tech. There was no keeping him.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/6/2006, 08:26 AM

Funny. Doesn't this post DEFINE meltdown.

47straight
9/6/2006, 08:28 AM
AD wasn't AD in the first half

Look at his historical stats. He always gets better as the game goes on.

BV and BJ Wright need to collectively punch the whole defense in the pecker and tell them it was Isaiah Stanback.

Their passion and energy isn't in question.

Everybody that dropped a ball needs to carry a football to class this week. They need to promise Ruuufus a big chicken dinner if he brings one back to Bob.

Now that's funny. :)

stoopified
9/6/2006, 09:23 AM
Notre Dame's continued presence in the Top 5 should remind us all that polls are bull****.Amen,sing it brother.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/6/2006, 11:13 AM
KW gave out constructive criticism because he knows AD can take it and will respond and also because his track record shows he knows what he is talking about. AD will respond. Also keep in mind the O-line is still young and hasn't played much together. I don't think they will improve a bunch overnight but look at the progression in 2002 for example.

Also I think the comments were public for largely the same reason too. No sane person is going to look at the article and say, "Yeah, AD sucked". If AD believes he can improve it sets a great example for everyone else to follow. AD is a leader.

I wouldn't want KW to make it a recurring theme with the media but I think it will do good here.

Luthor
9/6/2006, 11:17 AM
I don't see a problem. Sounds like Wilson is a chip off the old block, what with calling out a player in national print. I'm sure Stoops backs him up 200%.

OUstudent4life
9/6/2006, 11:31 AM
I don't see a problem. Sounds like Wilson is a chip off the old block, what with calling out a player in national print. I'm sure Stoops backs him up 200%.

Actually, it was all said during the press conference yesterday. From what I've heard, the AP picked up the story for some unknown reason, and everyone has blown the comments WAAAAY out of proportion.

boomrsoonr
9/6/2006, 11:42 AM
I like it. I think everyone should know how a good coach actually coaches their players. I have no problem with the whole world seeing how our coaches coach, and how our players react to it. It's not like he's an "F'n Souldja".

Clapping your hands and passing out weed to them isn't the way to do it.

More schools should consider being as open as OU has been.

MI Sooner
9/6/2006, 12:04 PM
C&CDean,

One correction to your post on 9/5 @ 5:16...

I think you meant to say " players' " and not " player's ." I'm not trying to be picky about grammar or anything, I just don't want anyone to get the impression that Mack only serviced one multi-phallic player, when we all know that Mack has mouth-hugged countless players.

hybridworks
9/6/2006, 12:08 PM
Wilson only did right by making this public... Now AD is hearing CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from the media that has, in the past, only told him how great he is. His head will settle and he will remember how to break out for 70 yard runs.

soonersweetie
9/6/2006, 02:44 PM
OU Student4 Life-

Thanks for that clarification. I don't have any problems with "what" Wilson said to AD, I just found it very uncharacteristic of the OU coaching staff to make it public. I'm sure this stuff is said to our guys all the time, we just don't hear much about it.

I was curious as to how this reporter got into the OU locker room to hear what Wilson said to AD. If it was said at the press conference, that clears it up.

Thanks,

Boomer Sooner!!

yermom
9/6/2006, 03:14 PM

you really think he was calling him out?

you'd rather he just clap as he blows his block, and clap again as he dances around instead of just cutting upfield losing yards?

he still played a great game, just could work on some things, like a lot of the team. if he can accept that and set an example for the team, then that goes a long way IMO

i guess it's all fluffy bunnies in Texass

westcoast_sooner
9/6/2006, 03:14 PM
I think KW hit the nail on the head. AD wasn't AD in the first half (until that break away run right before the half). He was dancing and moving too much. With a head of steam, he is one of the hardest backs in NCAA history to bring down one on one. When he chop-steps, he isn't as superhuman. AD sets up OUr whole O. What's more, he knows it. The best part is that he wants to improve. I love the fact that we have a coach like KW.

On another note, Kevin Sumlin needs to constructively criticize the hell out of Juaquin and BV and BJ Wright need to collectively punch the whole defense in the pecker and tell them it was Isaiah Stanback.

Rivals had a link that showed all of AD's carries from the UAB game - one right after another. I'd put it here, but can't find it at the moment.

In any case, when AD is dancing around, he's not NEARLY the back he is when he just hits the hole. Even if he only makes a yard or two, I figure it takes a toll by the end of the game. Like getting hit by a truck for 4 quarters. It just wears them down. :)

Luthor
9/6/2006, 03:32 PM

I don't think you guys really wanted AD to be AD in half #1 as he was in half#2. That would put him at about 40 carries in the first game of the season. Oh sure it would probably have made the score board look better and AD's personal stats but does he need to be racking up that much mileage so early just to look good?

MiccoMacey
9/6/2006, 05:43 PM
If Bob Stoops doesn't have a problem with it, I don't either.

TMcGee86
9/6/2006, 06:57 PM
I agree with Wilson, though I think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

AD definitely danced too much as there were two times I saw in the first half where he missed the hole because he was too quick to stutter step instead of trusting the blocking and hitting the assigned hole.

AD's a big boy, he can take constructive criticism. It's like the story Phil Simms always says about Bill Parcells, where Simms had the best game of his life and BP still pointed out some negatives and Simms got all miffed about how Bill is never satisfied.

Bill simply looked at him and said something to the effect of "It disappoints me to hear that my view of your potential is so much higher than your own view."

Phil said that statement haunted him forever.

I look for AD to have a massive game this week. Another week of O-line gelling + what should be a weaker defense than UAB's + added motivation for AD = mucho yardage.

At least I hope anyway.

Ash
9/6/2006, 07:16 PM
I agree with everyone who's saying that this has been blown WAAAYYYY out of proportion. If you actually read Wilson's comments, nothing in there is mean or negative - IT'S CALLED COACHING! He didn't throw AD under the bus, and maybe THAT'S why it was OK to tell the reporter.

And if you've ever played on any level you know that Wilson's comments were not negative coaching in any way (heck, compared to some coaches, that was just downright nice).

Unless of course, as others have pointed out, your coaching style consists of hugging and kissing players, clapping, contributing to their delinquency and tradin' jams for your ipod.

Oh yeah, Luthor I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but right now you're looking like an a**hat troll.

Earickson
9/6/2006, 07:25 PM
What's the story, it's just a coach doing his job. I am sure he coached a lot of other guys after the game and in the film room as well.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah, Luthor I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but right now you're looking like an a**hat troll.

It's freakin' Luthor for crying out loud. He's the original Texass a**hat troll.:D Although, his position is being effectively challenged by the Rump Rider from Roosevelt. Throw the gauntlet!!

TJKDone
9/6/2006, 07:36 PM

Dean permaban me please. If this is the kind of stuff admin's post, I don't want check this place out even on the very occasional basis I have been.

Hook'em

badger
9/6/2006, 07:38 PM
AD will do fine. He's just played with a blue jersey so long that he's gotta get used to breaking tackles again :)

Cam
9/6/2006, 07:38 PM
I don't have a problem with this in print at all.

I've been called out in the paper before and it only made me want to do better next game. I have no doubt that AD will take it for what it was: Good, sound, constructive criticism and 100% spot on.

These guys, players and coaches, want a Nat'l Champtionship. They're going to have to play better than Saturday to get it. Better to tell them than to slap them on the *** and tell them they played a great game.

Wilson wants/needs AD to be a vocal leader. I'd bet he's been pretty vocal in the locker room after the game, at practice, in the film room, ect.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 07:42 PM
Dean permaban me please....

Hook him :D

Ash
9/6/2006, 07:57 PM
It's freakin' Luthor for crying out loud. He's the original Texass a**hat troll.:D Although, his position is being effectively challenged by the Rump Rider from Roosevelt. Throw the gauntlet!!

Guess that just shows my n00bishness.:O :O :(

Ash
9/6/2006, 08:01 PM
Hook him :D

I second the motion.

boomrsoonr
9/6/2006, 08:16 PM
Dean permaban me please. If this is the kind of stuff admin's post, I don't want check this place out even on the very occasional basis I have been.

Hook'em

Once again a wHorn has to rely on a Sooner to get the job done. Just delete the link from your favorites, dumbass.

boomrsoonr
9/6/2006, 08:17 PM
Once again a wHorn has to rely on a Sooner to get the job done. Just delete the link from your favorites, dumbass.

Oops. I said dumbass. Please don't permaban me Dean!

Harry Beanbag
9/6/2006, 08:20 PM

Hook'em

This may be the single greatest horn post on this board ever. :texan:

C&CDean
9/6/2006, 08:25 PM

Hook'em

Oh. So us admins are supposed to be nazi robots like what y'all have over on hornfans huh? Blow me whorn. Ban your own damn self by staying the hell away. You ain't worth the trouble or my time.

badger
9/6/2006, 08:28 PM
Oh. So us admins are supposed to be nazi robots like what y'all have over on hornfans huh? Blow me whorn. Ban your own damn self by staying the hell away. You ain't worth the trouble or my time.
as the sole enforcer of no longwhorn tuesday, think we could lessen the rules until Oct. 7, dean?

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by RooseveltRoughRider

Kinda ruff, not really what I would hope to show off as a loyal Sooner fan. Remember we lead by example and anyone else acting like that would get their clock cleaned....as I probably will for voicing my opinion.

usmc-sooner
9/6/2006, 08:36 PM
Dean please pass me a joint and the 45, I got to go look for my TV. I have no balls.
Hook'em

spoken like a true longhorn.

C&CDean
9/6/2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by RooseveltRoughRider

Kinda ruff, not really what I would hope to show off as a loyal Sooner fan. Remember we lead by example and anyone else acting like that would get their clock cleaned....as I probably will for voicing my opinion.

Ruff? Look, here's the deal. I ain't politically correct. Not even close. I really don't give a **** what you think a "loyal Sooner fan" should say/do. Anyone acting like me would get their clock cleaned? Maybe, but that's because not too many people can carry the weight of their own ***. You're entitled to your opinion. As am I. If you get offended by my junk, don't look at it.

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 08:44 PM
How-ever about the original post....I understand what was happening with the criticizism, Athletes like AD thrive on improvement and pushing themselves, he can be and frequently has been a spark plug to this team, so I say keep him fired up and pushing ahead, all it will do is make the team work harder.

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 08:52 PM
Ruff? Look, here's the deal. I ain't politically correct. Not even close. I really don't give a **** what you think a "loyal Sooner fan" should say/do. Anyone acting like me would get their clock cleaned? Maybe, but that's because not too many people can carry the weight of their own ***. You're entitled to your opinion. As am I. If you get offended by my junk, don't look at it.

I do care about the image of our program and fan base...sue me.
I am not looking for PC, it wouldnt fit my likings anyway
as far as carrying our own weight, give me admin privaliges, put us on even playing fields before calling people out.
I do respect the fact that you have a gazillion post on here and have earned your admin privalige, and that you did not abuse it with this clown you were fussing with.
I am not nor could I be offended by you or anyone else with whom I have no intimate dealings, you just dont mean enough to me to do that...no offense intended.
Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

usmc-sooner
9/6/2006, 08:56 PM
as far as carrying our own weight, give me admin privaliges, put us on even playing fields before calling people out.
I do respect the fact that you have a gazillion post on here and have earned your admin privalige, and that you did not abuse it with this clown you were fussing with.
I am not nor could I be offended by you or anyone else with whom I have no intimate dealings, you just dont mean enough to me to do that...no offense intended.

Dean, I think he's gay

C&CDean
9/6/2006, 08:57 PM

Fair enough.

But remember, this is an innerweb bbs. Designed for fun and entertainment. I am not employed by the University of Oklahoma, I am not employed by SF.com, and you're pretty much on an even playing field with me rather you're an admin or not. I don't ban people for popping off/speaking their mind. I ban them for being idiots. And you should come to one of the SF.com tailgates. That way you could be offended by me because then we'd be intimate and stuff.:P

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 08:58 PM
Dean, I think he's gay
Sry if your trolling for a new partner Im straight, 5 kids married 20yrs. Im sure you will find a nice friend however, be patient mister right is out there waiting for you.

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 09:01 PM
Fair enough.

But remember, this is an innerweb bbs. Designed for fun and entertainment. I am not employed by the University of Oklahoma, I am not employed by SF.com, and you're pretty much on an even playing field with me rather you're an admin or not. I don't ban people for popping off/speaking their mind. I ban them for being idiots. And you should come to one of the SF.com tailgates. That way you could be offended by me because then we'd be intimate and stuff.:P
I will try to make it to one , especially since I have your personal invite, Im tuff to offend Ive been married with children a LOOONGG time.Thanks Dean.

usmc-sooner
9/6/2006, 09:02 PM
Sry if your trolling for a new partner Im straight, 5 kids married 20yrs. Im sure you will find a nice friend however, be patient mister right is out there waiting for you.

I think Dean is gay too :D

C&CDean
9/6/2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah, but I ain't Mr. Right. I promise.

josh09
9/6/2006, 09:07 PM
well at least AD didnt argue with him, and he understood

usmc-sooner
9/6/2006, 09:07 PM
well if loving you is wrong, who wants to be right? :D

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 09:10 PM
well if loving you is wrong, who wants to be right? :D
uuuuuhh me?! unless he wouldnt tell of course.:rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
9/6/2006, 09:14 PM
uuuuuhh me?! unless he wouldnt tell of course.:rolleyes:

dude you're a rookie, we'd trade you for a cigarette. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2006, 09:16 PM
I made shiv and some knucks out of a toothbrush and a bar of soap!

daddywarbucks
9/6/2006, 09:17 PM
dude you're a rookie, we'd trade you for a cigarette. :D
:eek: gimme a minute to find my happy place

OKC-SLC
9/6/2006, 09:45 PM
If you get offended by my junk, don't look at it.
Put your junk back in your pants and we all win, Dean.

GDC
9/7/2006, 08:04 AM
OU notebook: Stoops OK with comments
By GUERIN EMIG AND JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writers
9/7/2006

Offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson made national news Tuesday when he criticized the opening-game performance of running back Adrian Peterson.

Coach Bob Stoops had this response after the Sooners' practice Wednesday evening: "Everybody makes a big deal about it. Being honest at all, guys can get better, let's face it. 'AD' realizes it. He sees spots where he can get better.

"Everybody just likes to make major headlines about it because Adrian Peterson can get better? Sure he can. So could every other guy that's played here and every other guy that's won the Heisman. They can all do some things better."

Speaking to reporters Tuesday afternoon following Stoops' weekly press conference, Wilson said: "I told (Peterson) after the game, 'If you're a man, you need to go and tell (teammates) you didn't play your best.' "

Peterson's challenge: Kevin Wilson's comments were clearly meant to motivate Peterson. He compared him to Tiger Woods, explaining that Woods wins because he demands perfection from himself every moment of competition.

"That's the challenge when you're a guy like Adrian, is to push yourself to be that kind of player," Wilson said. "He's a great talent, but there's a difference between being a talent and

truly being a productive, great, great player. You've seen a bunch of 'em here. He can be one, but he's not that guy yet.

"It's not how much weight that he can carry and jump up on a deal, because there's not 84,000 people watching him jump up with weights. They're watching him play. That means if you see a blitz, you step in front and you pick it up. That means if you need to get enough width to open up a curl route, you get enough width. When the cut's there, you stick it and make a decisive cut."

Snap count: Stoops said Tuesday he'd like to get cornerback / wideout / kick returner Reggie Smith more snaps on offense (he got three), and said cornerback Lendy Holmes would "possibly" get more snaps on defense. Stoops also said tight end Jermaine Gresham, who fumbled his only reception, "needs to play a significant amount of snaps."

Stoops also said fullback Matt Clapp "did a really nice job. His 17 plays, I think he was 16 of 17 in what we're asking him to do. That's a pretty darn good percentage." Clapp went out with an ankle injury but should be OK this week.

They're back: Stoops said wide receiver Manuel Johnson and offensive lineman Brian Simmons have returned to practice.

Slow whistles: Wilson said he heard "a comment" that referees are hesitant to blow their whistles because they want instant replay to be able to determine whether a fumbled ball comes out before a player is on the ground. He said Gresham's fumble was an example.

"So (Monday)," Wilson said, "we worked 10 minutes, every guy, with the ball getting yanked on, pulled on, getting on the ground and all that."

Tickets left: About 200 tickets remain for Saturday's 2:30 p.m. kickoff. Tickets are $67 each and can be purchased online (www.soonersports.com), by phone (800-456-GoOU) or at the Memorial Stadium ticket office..

boomrsoonr
9/7/2006, 09:59 AM
Heh, Stoops called him "AD".

Veritas
9/7/2006, 10:23 AM
Ain't saying nothing yalls don't know but...
1) AD is dancing because the OL isn't NEARLY as good as they were in 2004. He didn't dance then because he didn't have to. We have some REALLY high expectations for him because of that season but he doesn't have the same quality of heavy movers.

2) If star athletes didn't need people to tell them how to be better, why would we even have coaches? Hell, Tiger freakin' Woods has a swing coach.

3) whorns like RooseveltRumpWrangler are why I really wanted both teams to just die last year. They win one championship and that attitude is off the charts. Hey whorns, news flash: your coach still sucks and he still can't win the big game. VY was your whole team, and you might as well just settle in, cause it's going to be another two generations before you sniff a MNC.

GDC
9/7/2006, 10:28 AM
3) whorns like RooseveltRumpWrangler are why I really wanted both teams to just die last year. They win one championship and that attitude is off the charts. Hey whorns, news flash: your coach still sucks and he still can't win the big game. VY was your whole team, and you might as well just settle in, cause it's going to be another two generations before you sniff a MNC.

heh

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2006, 11:07 AM
Heh, Stoops called him "AD".

AP right?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/7/2006, 11:09 AM
Ain't saying nothing yalls don't know but...
1) AD is dancing because the OL isn't NEARLY as good as they were in 2004. He didn't dance then because he didn't have to. We have some REALLY high expectations for him because of that season but he doesn't have the same quality of heavy movers.

2) If star athletes didn't need people to tell them how to be better, why would we even have coaches? Hell, Tiger freakin' Woods has a swing coach.

Hey, Veritas. Long time. I agree with your post. Hopefully, the O line will tighten up. I look for bigger things this next game.

soonerreign
9/7/2006, 11:45 AM
AD gets mildly criticized and it makes national news. I think that is what is wrong with our world today. There is no middle ground. There is no room for improvement. People are labeled as being the best ever or completely worthless.

FlatheadSooner
9/7/2006, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Veritas]Ain't saying nothing yalls don't know but...
QUOTE]

A related question: Could some of his "dancing" be him trying to wait for holes to form? This issue has been referenced before that "he needs to be more patient". :confused:

boomrsoonr
9/7/2006, 12:04 PM
A related question: Could some of his "dancing" be him trying to wait for holes to form? This issue has been referenced before that "he needs to be more patient". :confused:

If the hole isn't there when he gets to the line, he needs to think of something else. Pretty quick.