PDA

View Full Version : New broadcast teams

The Maestro
9/5/2006, 01:34 PM
I don't know why ABC and ESPN made so many changes to their crews, but I thought some were good and some were bad.

Nessler and Griese did not need to add Paul Maguire to the mix. They were the best team and now just have an added distraction.

The crew of Musburger, Davie and Herbie were good, but I don't know what the love affair with two color guys is all about.

Patrick and Blackledge were solid last night. I really enjoy Blackledge and his commentary during games.

Sidebar hair question--who shaves it all off first? Tirico or Thulin? Thulin's mess was a wreck...almost as bad as the TBS color guy going Peter Brady the entire game.

I definitely enjoyed the addition of Doug Flutie to the ABC studio crew, dropping Aaron Taylor for him. Nice replacement.

And congrats to the GameDay experts, Corso and Herbie, for already having their national title teams at 0-1.

I would have loved to hear the way Cowherd did the ESPNU broadcast last night. Best radio talk show host on right now. But the ESPN Brady Bunch effect on ESPN2 with cameras on the game, the coaches, the quarterbacks, the hot dog vendor and the sky cam was a bit much. Too busy...and who needs to watch Bobby Bowden since he doesn't even wear a headset anyway? He coaches that team about as much as the mascot with the flaming spear.

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2006, 04:14 PM
What happened to Gary Danielson?

JohnnyMack
9/5/2006, 04:34 PM
ESPN can rot in the firey pits of hell.

Getting rid of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried on Saturday Night games was ridiculous.

They should have let the MNF crew been Patrick, Theismann and Maguire. Their chemistry was terrific.

Kornheiser sucks and is the worst kind of pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Why they insist on ****ing up everything they touch is beyond me.

cschellman
9/5/2006, 04:55 PM
Charles Davis from the TBS broadcast was just bad. Not only that, but his voice was all raspy as if he spent Friday night screaming during an NFL pre-season game or something. Should have taken a sick day. Ron Thulin does "okay" with his broadcasts. He did get a little repetitive once he ran out of material about OU. Yup, lots of dead air time...

jwlynn64
9/5/2006, 05:11 PM
I would have loved to hear the way Cowherd did the ESPNU broadcast last night. Best radio talk show host on right now. But the ESPN Brady Bunch effect on ESPN2 with cameras on the game, the coaches, the quarterbacks, the hot dog vendor and the sky cam was a bit much. Too busy...and who needs to watch Bobby Bowden since he doesn't even wear a headset anyway? He coaches that team about as much as the mascot with the flaming spear.

I had to turn it off of ESPN2. All those screens made me think I was in the production booth and I was supposed to be picking the shots. It was way too confusing to watch.

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2006, 05:12 PM
ESPN can rot in the firey pits of hell.

Getting rid of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried on Saturday Night games was ridiculous.

They should have let the MNF crew been Patrick, Theismann and Maguire. Their chemistry was terrific.

Kornheiser sucks and is the worst kind of pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Why they insist on ****ing up everything they touch is beyond me.

Careful, there are some around here that don't appreciate the bad-mouthing of the ESPN behemoth.

JohnnyMack
9/5/2006, 05:25 PM
Careful, there are some around here that don't appreciate the bad-mouthing of the ESPN behemoth.

Sucks. Fat. Hairy. Donkey. Balls.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 05:57 PM
What happened to Gary Danielson?
He's the new color analyst on the SEC on CBS telecasts, pairing with Verne Lundquist.

tbl
9/5/2006, 06:01 PM
So what is Gameday gonna do? Follow Herbie around to whatever game he's in the booth for? Dude needs to pick and go with one or the other...

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2006, 06:02 PM
He's the new color analyst on the SEC on CBS telecasts, pairing with Verne Lundquist.

Cool. Danielson is my favorite color commentator.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 08:07 PM
So what is Gameday gonna do? Follow Herbie around to whatever game he's in the booth for? Dude needs to pick and go with one or the other...
When Gameday is on location for the ABC Saturday night game, Herbie will be in the booth with Musburger and Davie. If Gameday is at another game (like a Notre Dame NBC game or a SEC game on CBS), Herbie will be with Gameday and Musburger and Davie will be a two-man crew on the Saturday night ABC game.