20 Oregon 1-0 436 21
21 Nebraska 1-0 358 20
22 California 0-1 212 9
23 TCU 1-0 198 22
24 Texas Tech 1-0 196 25
25 Arizona St. 1-0 134 24

The Maestro
9/5/2006, 01:05 PM
Wow...five spots for winning. The nation is watching OU and expecting us to fail. That's what that tells me.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/5/2006, 01:05 PM
The bugeaters fell a spot

Kingwoodboomer
9/5/2006, 01:06 PM
That sounds about right, since most of the AP comes from the East coast....

r5TPsooner
9/5/2006, 01:07 PM
It tells me that the pollseters were watching the same game that I did. OU played well below there potential and can jump right back up in the polls if they play well and win IMO.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 01:07 PM
Just keep winning and we'll be allright

The AP poll is irrelevant in the BCS

Octavian
9/5/2006, 01:08 PM
Irish fell a couple spots too...

r5TPsooner
9/5/2006, 01:09 PM
Irish fell a couple spots too...

As well as they should have. They will lose before the season is over.

astro5169
9/5/2006, 01:12 PM
We fell 5 here....still top 10. But, I was there. We looked horrible in person. Not the caliber of team we should have been. Not top 10. I look for us to improve alot this week or get beat.

USA TODAY/Gallup fans' poll

Rank Team (first-place votes) Record Points Preseason rank
1. Ohio State (41) 1-0 1,534 1
2. Texas (14) 1-0 1,475 2
3. Southern California (4) 1-0 1,436 3 (tie)
4. Auburn (2) 1-0 1,272 6
5. (tie) Notre Dame (2) 1-0 1,248 3 (tie)
5. (tie) West Virginia 1-0 1,248 7
7. Florida 1-0 1,112 8
8. LSU 1-0 1,096 9
9. Florida State 1-0 1,074 10
10. Oklahoma 1-0 1,019 5
11. Georgia 1-0 899 14
12. Louisville
1-0 820 13
13. Michigan 1-0 786 15
14. Virginia Tech 1-0 700 16
15. Iowa
1-0 647 17
16. Miami (Fla.) 0-1 605 11
17. Tennessee
1-0 579 23
18. Clemson 1-0 570 18
19. Penn State 1-0 459 19
20. Oregon 1-0 458 20
21. Nebraska
1-0 313 22
22. TCU 1-0 265 21
23. California 0-1 194 12
24. Texas Tech
1-0 178 25
25. Alabama 1-0 156 24

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
They will lose this weekend.

SOONERKAT
No issues here. What was UAB ranked before we had to go late to beat them, at home?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 01:13 PM
Notre Dame was going to get dropped for one simple reason...1 Vs 2 is ALOT more exciting the 1 vs 3. They basically punished Notre Dame and OU for not scheduling North Texas, Northeastern, Northern Illinois, or God knows what!

PDXsooner
9/5/2006, 01:14 PM
first of all, the first ap poll came out before the bomar news. the coaches poll came out afterwards and had us at 10. this was the ap writer's first chance to vote after the bomar news. so it seems about right...

sooner94
9/5/2006, 01:14 PM
Just keep winning and we'll be allright

Exactly. The Harris Poll has replaced the AP Poll in the BCS formula. Remember that we are #5 in the Coaches Poll, so even if we fall a couple of spots, we are in good shape there.

I have not seen the Coach or Harris Poll results yet.

Bottom line, if we take care of business, we can play for the NC.

astro5169
9/5/2006, 01:15 PM
:) We should have scheduled the aggies of Oklahoma....

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 01:15 PM

Well, except that it counts for almost half of the points used to calculate the BCS. Other than that, screw the AP. ;)

Ash
9/5/2006, 01:16 PM

I agree with most of what you're saying, but you have to admit that it's pretty lame to get dropped for winning against a quality (or at least not bottom-feeder in the case of UAB) D-1 squad while other teams got fat off of 1-A bottom-feeders and/or 1-AA teams.

:cool:

sooner94
9/5/2006, 01:20 PM
first of all, the first ap poll came out before the bomar news. the coaches poll came out afterwards and had us at 10. this was the ap writer's first chance to vote after the bomar news. so it seems about right...

I pretty certain both the AP and Coaches polls came out after the Bomar news. Actually, i know the AP poll came out after that news. The poll dated 8/18/06 has us at #10.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/5/2006, 01:22 PM
(the Irish fell in the polls, too)As well as they should have. They will lose before next saturday is over.fixed

r5TPsooner
9/5/2006, 01:23 PM
I agree with most of what you're saying, but you have to admit that it's pretty lame to get dropped for winning against a quality (or at least not bottom-feeder) D-1 squad while other teams got fat off of 1-A bottom-feeders and/or 1-AA teams.

:cool:

I kind of agree. But the OU defense was smacked around most of the evening by UAB... freakin UAB.

If our D would have played up to their pre-season hype, then I scream foul. But UAB is simply an OK team in an OK conference. ND was over ranked to begin with, more so than OU was.

As far as who others play, I really don't keep track of that as I do so much with how well OU played and who the opponent was.

Hopefully OU fans were content with our offense for the first game, and very disappointed in how our D played most of the game.

Hopefully, we show up and smack the Huskies around this Saturday and move up a few spots and look good doing it.

The Maestro
9/5/2006, 01:28 PM
And I hate to say it folks, but USC is in major reloading mode...no rebuild at all. No, I don't think Arky is all that great, but hanging half a hundred on the road in an opener with lots of new guys against an SEC team in a packed house was impressive. With the way the Pac 10 played in the first week I see no reason to think USC will lose a game and they should be 12-0 headed to the BCS title game.

Egeo
9/5/2006, 01:29 PM
I pretty certain both the AP and Coaches polls came out after the Bomar news. Actually, i know the AP poll came out after that news. The poll dated 8/18/06 has us at #10.
i want to say the coaches poll came out before... but im kinda fuzzy on it
but you are correct about teh AP poll being afterwards

also, niu is no slouchy midmajor team either in recent years
and garret wolfe is a mighty mouse

Ash
9/5/2006, 01:32 PM
I kind of agree. But the OU defense was smacked around most of the evening by UAB... freakin UAB.

If our D would have played up to their pre-season hype, then I scream foul. But UAB is simply an OK team in an OK conference. ND was over ranked to begin with, more so than OU was.

As far as who others play, I really don't keep track of that as I do so much with how well OU played and who the opponent was.

Hopefully OU fans were content with our offense for the first game, and very disappointed in how our D played most of the game.

Hopefully, we show up and smack the Huskies around this Saturday and move up a few spots and look good doing it.

No doubt the D and some other aspects were disappointing and screw the Domers, they're always overrated in my book.

But the writers once again are playing pansy games with team rankings for no solid, defensible reason. Beating Directional State's 1-AA squad 1,000-0 means jack.

I also noticed TCU got bumped down 2 spots for winning against Baylor despite playing on the road against a Big 12 team without some of their top offensive players. There's no defensible reason for it IMHO.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 01:36 PM
Well, except that it counts for almost half of the points used to calculate the BCS. Other than that, screw the AP. ;)not anymore.Harris poll has replaced it in the BCS formula. The AP is officially crap.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 01:39 PM
Win, and it all works out.

I honestly could not care less about any other topic in the world than what the AP/Harris/US Today/Reader's Digest/Mad Magazine ranks us right now.

Well, maybe Mad Magazine. I always liked AEN. :D

OUstudent4life
9/5/2006, 01:46 PM
Well, except that it counts for almost half of the points used to calculate the BCS. Other than that, screw the AP. ;)

Uh, no it's not. The Harris poll does. The AP isn't in it anymore, right?

Boffingham
9/5/2006, 01:46 PM
We dropped 10 spots in the AP poll and stayed the same in the USA Today Poll. I think the AP poll is doing it right by not considering where they were ranked previously, but just going week by week and ranking them according to how they did.

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2006, 01:53 PM
We dropped 10 spots in the AP poll and stayed the same in the USA Today Poll. I think the AP poll is doing it right by not considering where they were ranked previously, but just going week by week and ranking them according to how they did.

We dropped from 5 to 10 in the USA Today poll. We dropped from 10 to 15 in the AP poll.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 01:53 PM
Lot of Tennessee homers or people really expect Cal to do well...

BoonesFarmSooner
9/5/2006, 01:54 PM
And I hate to say it folks, but USC is in major reloading mode...no rebuild at all. No, I don't think Arky is all that great, but hanging half a hundred on the road in an opener with lots of new guys against an SEC team in a packed house was impressive. With the way the Pac 10 played in the first week I see no reason to think USC will lose a game and they should be 12-0 headed to the BCS title game.

Yeah, and if Texas hadn't won that game last year our 47 game winning streak would be in jeopardy!

Red October
9/5/2006, 01:54 PM
Polls really dont mean anything until mid season anyway

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 01:55 PM
Tennessee deserves to move up A WHOLE LOT. They beat a pre-season Top 10 team regardless of whether they deserved it or not

soonerlaw
9/5/2006, 02:00 PM
A couple of things I find interesting. First, ND almost gets owned by GT, and they still get 8 first place votes, even more than TX. Michigan looks like crap against Vanderbilt, and they pop up above OU. What is it about the Media's love (and by love I mean bias) with this these two teams?

soonersam
9/5/2006, 02:05 PM
if we go undefeated we'll finish 70th

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 02:07 PM
not anymore.Harris poll has replaced it in the BCS formula. The AP is officially crap.

Wha?!? I hadn't heard. Well, kudos to the BCS!!

AP can suck it!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 02:08 PM
First of all, Georgia Tech is a quality win...Georgia Tech has a VERY solid team including the best WR in the country. Notre Dame shouldn't have fallen in my opinion. They had alot of the same issues we had with our defense on their offense...like us they will get it somewhat fixed. I still think Notre Dame's schedule won't allow them to win a National Title. Michigan, I honestly have no clue why they moved up.

trey
9/5/2006, 02:10 PM

one more thing to add to that. booty for heisman. they are amazing.

Ash
9/5/2006, 02:13 PM
First of all, Georgia Tech is a quality win...Georgia Tech has a VERY solid team including the best WR in the country. Notre Dame shouldn't have fallen in my opinion. They had alot of the same issues we had with our defense on their offense...like us they will get it somewhat fixed. I still think Notre Dame's schedule won't allow them to win a National Title. Michigan, I honestly have no clue why they moved up.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make. No matter if you think they're overrated, beating a mid-major or (in G-tech) quality D-1 team says more than beating up on a team that's not even in the same institutional class (it's equivalent to: hey, the Sooners whipped up on the faculty flag football team 5,000-0, hooray!!!).

So why should any of those teams be penalized by moving down in the polls for winning? It just doesn't make sense to me and reeks of sports writer BS not objective (or subjective but reasoned) evaluation.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/5/2006, 02:19 PM
Notre Dame shouldn't have fallen in my opinion. They had alot of the same issues we had with our defense on their offense...like us they will get it somewhat fixed.
Their offense was overrunning plays and they weren't form tackling?

soonersam
9/5/2006, 02:20 PM
easy.... r u in love???

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 02:25 PM
Their offense was overrunning plays and they weren't form tackling?

Not picking up blitzes, making right reads, and overthrowing passes are the offensive equivalents ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
9/5/2006, 02:26 PM
Booty for heisman? Ok, it's definately not the system. They really do have the best player in the country every year.

My ***.

RedstickSooner
9/5/2006, 02:59 PM

I agree with Maestro. I friggin' hate USC - spoiled rich kid trust-fund U, whose only redeeming feature is them dancin' girls they've got (y'know, the ones that aren't cheerleaders. Just naughty, naughty rich girls).

However, as much as I would LOVE for USC to fall flat on their face, they've recruited so insanely well the past four years that it'd be silly to favor them to lose against anyone they play. Yeah, they might lose -- and I really, really, really hope they lose at LEAST two games this year -- but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see 'em go undefeated.

They've recruited like they're giving away signing bonuses, and while we all know how recruiting is overrated, when a single team consistently lands the best players (and classes) in the country for more 'n four years in a row, there's just no way they're gonna suck. Not unless they get hit with sanctions, or their coaches make some sort of active effort to lose.

Guess I could always hope their team plane crashes, or something. But that'd be, like, wrong of me ;)

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 03:02 PM
dude, no it doesn't. the ap isn't part of the bcs

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 03:04 PM
dude, no it doesn't. the ap isn't part of the bcs

Reading the whole thread is just too damn time consuming, ain't it?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 03:05 PM
They've recruited like they're giving away signing bonuses

You might be on to something there...come to USC for nice apartments or even a nice big house...but don't worry..we don't know about it :P

GrapevineSooner
Just win, baby.

And the rest will take care of itself.

Gandalf_The_Grey
AP isn't part of the BCS anymore!!

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 03:06 PM
Reading the whole thread is just too damn time consuming, ain't it?
damn straight

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 03:09 PM
damn straight

Spoken like a true Okie, brother. :D

I'm amazed at how many people outside of OK & TX don't know what that means.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 03:11 PM
Spoken like a true Okie, brother. :D

I'm amazed at how many people outside of OK & TX don't know what that means.
i don't understand how no one could understand what that means. it just fits in nicely with howdy and y'all:D

The Consumate Showman
9/5/2006, 03:26 PM
How can the AP put a Louisville team that just lost its #1 RB to a broke leg above OU???

RooseveltRoughRider
9/5/2006, 03:39 PM
This is actually a positive development for the Sooners....

1. Many of you complained about being ranked high and preferred creeping up on folks
2. It should give some inspiration to the uninspired.
3. If UT beats tOSU this week you will have a chance to topple the #1 team in the Nation
4. You are still undefeated
5. Peterson did not get hurt, and Thompson will do no worse than Bomar
6. The AP doesnt really matter

I would'nt be worried about this poll if I was a Sooner fan. Until you lose, any aspirations are still achievable. And even then they still might,. I would not be surprised to see two one loss teams in the MNC game.

william_brasky
9/5/2006, 03:41 PM
If I were a pollster, I'd drop us down even further after Saturday's performance.

sooneron
9/5/2006, 03:45 PM
I think being dropped 5 spots was off. MAYBE two. It just proves that everyone was in love with nd and watching them and prolly pulling for them (they think it sells papers). All they did was watch our scores come across the wire. Next thing they know, we're trailing and HAD to come from behind. They didn't see the dropped pass in the endzone etc...

Of course, ND didn't have to come from behind. ;)

I think tech is a team with some talent, but let's face it, this team hasn't put together a season since the early nineties. They always find a way to go 7-5 or 8-4.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 03:45 PM
If I were a pollster, I'd drop us down even further after Saturday's performance.
maybe that's why you're not a pollster

poke4christ
9/5/2006, 03:50 PM
How can the AP put a Louisville team that just lost its #1 RB to a broke leg above OU???

Loosing your #1 QB to being kicked off might help. :D

J/K...

Thompson did a good job on Saturday and I agree that Louisville shouldn't be above OU. However, I do think that the performance warrented a drop. One of my bigest pet peves in the polls is how people are unwilling to change their votes unless a team looses. That's why we shouldn't have any polls until the 4th-6th week.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 03:55 PM
Loosing your #1 QB to being kicked off might help. :D

J/K...

Thompson did a good job on Saturday and I agree that Louisville shouldn't be above OU. However, I do think that the performance warrented a drop. One of my bigest pet peves in the polls is how people are unwilling to change their votes unless a team looses. That's why we shouldn't have any polls until the 4th-6th week.
normally, i would agree that saturday night warranted a drop, but as long as you get a win in week one, i think you have to overlook how ugly that win was. there are a lot of teams that play badly in week 1. now, if we play badly again next week, i think that would definately warrant a drop. that's why i'm all for having no preseason polls and waiting until after the 4th week of the season to release any kind of polls. that gives you a more objective view of every game

poke4christ
9/5/2006, 04:02 PM
normally, i would agree that saturday night warranted a drop, but as long as you get a win in week one, i think you have to overlook how ugly that win was. there are a lot of teams that play badly in week 1. now, if we play badly again next week, i think that would definately warrant a drop. that's why i'm all for having no preseason polls and waiting until after the 4th week of the season to release any kind of polls. that gives you a more objective view of every game

good point

noobalicious
9/5/2006, 04:08 PM
Said it in another post, but this is bulletin board material. That should get the team fired up!

On another note...this Rufus Alexander quote is just hilarious...

There’s only been one game and OU linebacker Rufus Alexander is already tired of seeing running quarterbacks.

“I think it’s cheating when quarterbacks can run,” he said.

:pop: Can't wait for the game!

tulsaoilerfan
9/5/2006, 04:46 PM
Honestly the way we looked on Sat, we are lucky to still be ranked

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2006, 05:18 PM
Honestly the way we looked on Sat, we are lucky to still be ranked

Unbelievable.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 05:30 PM
After the way we played on Sat, I'm thinking we should just give up football.

OUinFLA
9/5/2006, 05:36 PM
After the way we played on Sat, I'm thinking we should just give up football.

Too bad we dont have a swimming and diving team to fall back on.

IMO polls should be banned until the 4th week of the season.

In another opinion. I do not think a team should keep it's rank based on a win. If the win is sloppy, perhaps the polsters see yet a different team as being better. That happened this week apparently.

Polls are nothing more than opinions, and IN OUR OPINION, OU is better than anyone and should always be #1, even if we lose a game. That's because we are Sooner Fans.

:D

jwlynn64
9/5/2006, 05:41 PM
That's why we shouldn't have any polls until the 4th-6th week.

Can I get a Halleluya! :P

Polls should not be taken until after the third game.

John

Scott D
9/5/2006, 05:57 PM
Rankings right now mean nothing. Honestly, I think ND could have hung 40 on GT and they still would have dropped behind Texas. It's a marketing wet dream right now for #1 to play #2.

OK2LA
9/5/2006, 06:19 PM
For all of you folks saying:

"If we just win out - everything will be ok, and we'll play for in the BCS Championship game"

And for those of you not thinking that it is a BAD thing that we dropped 5 spots WHEN WE WON (whether it was warranted or not)

How quickly we forget when 3 Big Time schools (& I believe that Utah went undefeated as well) went undefeated - USC, OU, & a school down in SEC country that they call the Tigers . . . AUBURN . . . ever heard of them?!? You can say what you want about teams deserving being in the Championship game, and that OU/USC were ranked 1/2 all year - all you want, but no matter what happened that year - someone was getting screwed, and it was AUBURN.

If you think that situation can't happen again - I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken.

I remember the good ol' days when a team didn't get bumped down - even when they had a bye, or even if they did play poorly against a sub-par team. I even remember a team or two winning "National Championships" AFTER they lost their bowl games . . .

badger
9/5/2006, 06:27 PM
after the way we played saturday, we should give up statehood and join mexico.

sooner94
9/5/2006, 06:30 PM

"If we just win out - everything will be ok, and we'll play for in the BCS Championship game"

And for those of you not thinking that it is a BAD thing that we dropped 5 spots WHEN WE WON (whether it was warranted or not)

How quickly we forget when 3 Big Time schools (& I believe that Utah went undefeated as well) went undefeated - USC, OU, & a school down in SEC country that they call the Tigers . . . AUBURN . . . ever heard of them?!? You can say what you want about teams deserving being in the Championship game, and that OU/USC were ranked 1/2 all year - all you want, but no matter what happened that year - someone was getting screwed, and it was AUBURN.

If you think that situation can't happen again - I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken.

I remember the good ol' days when a team didn't get bumped down - even when they had a bye, or even if they did play poorly against a sub-par team. I even remember a team or two winning "National Championships" AFTER they lost their bowl games . . .

Good point, but I'm still not worried.

First, you can't compare OU and Utah. Everyone knew Utah wasn't as good as USC,OU and Auburn. We never saw it on the field, but it is the truth.

Second, that year was an anomaly. Three teams in major conferences going undefeated? Fluke. Too many of the highly ranked teams play each other, and bad bounces happen too often for more than 2 teams to go undefeated.

mOUse
9/5/2006, 06:33 PM
if we go undefeated we'll finish 70th

R.O.F.L:D Greatness!

soonerspiff
9/5/2006, 06:37 PM
Am I the only one that likes our ranking? We already have a huge target on our chests because we're Oklahoma, so why at this point in the season is it good to be a top 10 team - especially when we're so young and inexperienced? Number 15 is a good spot to be in and if we run the table we shouldn't have any problem getting in the NC game. The BCS seems to have some sort affinitiy for Big XII schools...

olevetonahill
9/5/2006, 06:42 PM
HMMMM
seems everyones picking 2 1 lose teams to be in the MNC
so all we have to do is win em all ;)
geterdone guys

Scott D
9/5/2006, 06:43 PM

Auburn screwed themselves by scheduling The Citadel.

The Consumate Showman
9/5/2006, 06:46 PM
This is actually a positive development for the Sooners....

1. Many of you complained about being ranked high and preferred creeping up on folks
2. It should give some inspiration to the uninspired.
3. If UT beats tOSU this week you will have a chance to topple the #1 team in the Nation
4. You are still undefeated
5. Peterson did not get hurt, and Thompson will do no worse than Bomar
6. The AP doesnt really matter

I would'nt be worried about this poll if I was a Sooner fan. Until you lose, any aspirations are still achievable. And even then they still might,. I would not be surprised to see two one loss teams in the MNC game.

Props to the horn...I think...are you feeling okay??

jrsooner
9/5/2006, 06:47 PM
The AP is officially crap.Rumor is that they are going to vote UAB National Champions this year. :)

The Consumate Showman
9/5/2006, 06:54 PM
One of my bigest pet peves in the polls is how people are unwilling to change their votes unless a team looses. That's why we shouldn't have any polls until the 4th-6th week.

This is a spot on statement. Look at Notre Dame this weekend. All we've been hearing about the hole off season is how Charlie and Brady are going to put up these rediculous numbers on offense and how ND is going to steam roll everyone in their path. Well, once again, the domers have shown that they are not the team everyone thought they were. And yes, they did play a legit college football team, but with everything that everyone's been saying about them, I half expected the score to be int eh neighborhood of 42-28. ND should warrant a much bigger drop than JUST 2 spots. I liked what the fat guy from the KC Star on PTI did to them today; he had some balls and dropped them to #10...HA!

But, once again ND is going to be the media darlings of the college FB world and every time they win a game, no matter how close it is, Corso/Herby/Beano/Fowler/May/Holtz/Davis/and the like will be there to pat them on the back and justify why America should feel like it was a big win.

I re-watched the game after I got home from OU and I have to say, if I am Penn State's D-Coordinator, I would be rushing and blitzing the hell out of Brady and put so much pressure on him that he would not know where we were coming from every time. Brady showed his hand that he cannot get it done under pressure and I personally think that ol' Joe Pa will scheme up something special for Mr. Heisman wanna-be and give the domers their frist L.

OUinFLA
9/5/2006, 07:37 PM
Im not sure Joe-pa can scheme such a defensive game.
He's pretty conservative.
But, I also think PSU can win the old fashioned way.
ND loses to PSU.

josh09
9/5/2006, 08:18 PM

oh well, id rather be underrated and win the NC rather than overrated

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 08:20 PM
Rumor is that they are going to vote UAB National Champions this year. :)
hurry, someone tell tuberville so he can get his "people" ready for the rebuttal

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 09:07 PM

You're right, Auburn did get bent over by the BCS. I say, Oklahoma should have played AUBURN for the 2004 MNC!!! :O

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 09:09 PM
Rankings right now mean nothing. Honestly, I think ND could have hung 40 on GT and they still would have dropped behind Texas. It's a marketing wet dream right now for #1 to play #2.

Heh, someone can win that game 77-0, and will have to watch USC take the AP #1 the following Monday!

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 09:11 PM
You're right, Auburn did get bent over by the BCS. I say, Oklahoma should have played AUBURN for the 2004 MNC!!! :O
yea, then pete carroll could get another illegitimate national championship

tulsaoilerfan
9/5/2006, 09:15 PM
Unbelievable.
What is so unbelievable about it? We beat a team that went 5-6 last year and is expected to be a middle of the pack team in their conference, at best, by only 7 points at home;UAB could turn out to be pretty good this season, but the National perception is that they are a patsy and we didn't have a good game, and i agree that OVERALL we can play much better

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 09:17 PM
What is so unbelievable about it? We beat a team that went 5-6 last year and is expected to be a middle of the pack team in their conference, at best, by only 7 points at home; did you honestly expect we would stay or even move up in the polls?:pop:
the media's fickle. case closed

tulsaoilerfan
9/5/2006, 09:19 PM
LOL, i edited my post after you quoted me:D

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 09:20 PM
LOL, i edited my post after you quoted me:D
s'not funny:D

OUstudent4life
9/5/2006, 09:32 PM
Really, though, this is to be expected. We didn't look like what people expected. Which is weird, since they weren't expecting much.

You'd think we'd get more credit for beating the Trogdors, though. They burninate everything in their path.

...and the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiight!!!!

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 09:33 PM
Really, though, this is to be expected. We didn't look like what people expected. Which is weird, since they weren't expecting much.

You'd think we'd get more credit for beating the Trogdors, though. They burninate everything in their path.

does anyone else on here know what this guy's talking about???

Ash
9/5/2006, 09:55 PM

not a clue :pop:

sooneron
9/5/2006, 10:10 PM
Trog is their mascot

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 10:13 PM
Trog is their mascot
ok, thanks for clearing that up

1991SOONER
9/5/2006, 10:16 PM

He might be from Austin smoking that wacky weed. That would explain it.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 10:18 PM
that seems to be a viable scapegoat for everything nowadays

1991SOONER
9/5/2006, 10:25 PM
that seems to be a viable scapegoat for everything nowadays

what ever happened to a good ole six pack of beer. that works good enough for me..

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 10:31 PM
what ever happened to a good ole six pack of beer. that works good enough for me..
it worked good enough for rhett too....or a keg

sendbaht
9/5/2006, 11:00 PM
We deserved what we got (15) now lets move up the latter with win after win! We can do it....

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 11:07 PM
Well, after the way we played Saturday I'm sure we won't move up the former - so I think the latter is the only way to go!

UTsucks
9/5/2006, 11:21 PM
OU had better not just win sat but win BIG. If not OU will drop again. Washington is NOT a good team. OU -17 opening line :texan:

ou4me
9/5/2006, 11:39 PM

Burnination!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one one one

Sooner_Havok
9/5/2006, 11:59 PM

I said consummate V's! CONSUMMATE!!! Geez. You guys wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit you in the face.

douxpaysan
9/6/2006, 12:12 AM
AP isn't part of the BCS anymore!!Hell no....he looks like he is part of the NFL...and I thought we called him AD?:P

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 12:19 AM
Of course, ND didn't have to come from behind. ;)

I'm guessing you missed the part where G Tech was up by 10 until 11 seconds before the half, right? I can't honestly say I didn't expect this to be a close game. GT was pretty tough on D last year and they have the best WR in the country (arguably -- although it's hard to argue against him if you've seen him play). I think ND had their hands full. Their tough schedule will probably get the best of them before the season's up.

tbl
9/6/2006, 12:22 AM
Probably??? If it doesn't, they deserve to be in the championship game...

douxpaysan
9/6/2006, 12:23 AM
Auburn screwed themselves by scheduling The Citadel.
Yeah...the same thang could happen to the faggies.

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 12:25 AM
Probably??? If it doesn't, they deserve to be in the championship game...

Make no mistake. If it doesn't, they will be.

Scotty
9/6/2006, 12:26 AM

Burninating the countryside!!!

Burninating the peasants!!!

for those of you who are a little behind...

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html

douxpaysan
9/6/2006, 12:43 AM
If he were from Austin he would be packing too... BURRRNATION