PDA

View Full Version : Software recommendations for ripping and burning unprotected DVDs

SteelPanz
9/5/2006, 10:57 AM
I have like a few DVDs I'm wanting to rip. They're copies of copies - so there is no protection. Anyone have any recommendations on software to use for this?

I just have a single DVD burner, so I'll need to possibly mount an image on my HD.

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/5/2006, 11:00 AM
DVD shrink is what I use.

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/5/2006, 11:01 AM
You'll need a copy of some dvd burning software too like Nero or something. Most folks already have that if they have a burner. I think. I think it came free with my burner.

SteelPanz
9/5/2006, 11:03 AM
Cool. Thanks, sir. Yeah, I found a decent copy of Nero somewhere. But Shrink will definitely do the joerb.

tbl
9/5/2006, 11:46 AM
DVD Decrypter to decrypt and burn with, DVD Shrink to get it to the size that it will fit on a 4.7GB DVD-R. Works perfectly...

OUDoc
9/5/2006, 11:48 AM
DVD Decrypter to decrypt and burn with, DVD Shrink to get it to the size that it will fit on a 4.7GB DVD-R. Works perfectly...
I've been messing with DVDShrink. Can you specify the video resolution you want, or is it just for over all file size (which, in theory, might effect resolution)?

Czar Soonerov
9/5/2006, 12:13 PM
I'll need to possibly mount an image...

:twinkies: :hot:

http://media.putfile.com/bratworst

SteelPanz
9/5/2006, 12:36 PM
well, these dvds are OU games (1 half on each dvd, single layer) that were ripped from VHS tapes. so they're already down to their proper size. i just need to reshape my question and ask if i should just use nero to rip and burn if i only have one DVD bay

RacerX
9/5/2006, 12:40 PM
$20 problem. Buy a DVD-ROM.

SteelPanz
9/5/2006, 01:07 PM
racer, it's to a point where i pretty much need to build up again:
- new mobo
- processor
- more ram (1.5 right now)
- video card (other one just crashed)
- power supply
- another HD
- dvd rw

anyway, i figured i'll get around to building one whenever...hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later

tbl
9/5/2006, 01:32 PM
DVD Decrypter burns and decrypts.

Doc, you can change the resolution. You can also remove unwanted audio streams and various parts of the movies (previews) to make the main movie file larger. As long as you're over 55%, you can't tell much of a difference IMO.

RacerX
9/5/2006, 09:06 PM
I've used anydvd. I guess it's comparable.

Sooner_Bob
9/5/2006, 09:29 PM
I use DVD Decrypter to rip . . . DVDShrink if needed and then burn with CloneDVD2 . . . :D

I just bought a Magnavox DVD player that plays back DivX files . . . talk about sweet. It was only $40.