PDA

View Full Version : QB Mark Clayton?

Sooner-N-KS
9/5/2006, 09:36 AM
I have Mark Clayton as one of my fantasy league WR's, and I just saw this news on him....http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7198/news

It says that Mark will be the Baltimore/Oklahoma Ravens #3 (emergency only) QB.

Maybe Dan Cody can start returning punts.....LOL :P

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 09:38 AM
If I remember correctly, Clayton was OU's "emergency QB" as well.

yermom
9/5/2006, 10:10 AM
i would have thought Bradley... think he had more TD passes :D

nativesooner
9/5/2006, 11:24 AM
I heard Mark was an option QB in HS...Crazy that the Ravens would even think of him as an emergency QB though...

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2006, 11:31 AM
Don't you guys have enough wide receivers playing quarterback? :D

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 11:37 AM
Don't you guys have enough wide receivers playing quarterback? :DSeemed to work out well for UT last year.

OKC-SLC
9/5/2006, 10:15 PM
Seemed to work out well for UT last year.
fairly witty, BRR. Fairly witty indeed.

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 10:16 PM

This guy never misses a beat!!! :D

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 10:34 PM
lid gets pwn3d...again. chalk one up for BRR

OUTrumpet
9/5/2006, 10:50 PM

And Penn State...didn't they only lose 1 game and win the Orange Bowl?

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 11:03 PM
And Penn State...didn't they only lose 1 game and win the Orange Bowl?

:JoePa: "Whahhh??? Speak up, sonny!" :JoePa:

Paperclip
9/5/2006, 11:09 PM
I heard Mark was an option QB in HS...Crazy that the Ravens would even think of him as an emergency QB though...

This kinda explains it:

Can you explain the rules and reasoning behind the third-string QB? Why do they have to be designated? Why can't the first or second-string QBs play once the third-string QB has entered the game?

Vic: You're confusing the generic definition of "third quarterback" with the one that is specific to inactive players. A team is not required to designate a "third quarterback." If it doesn't, then none of that team's quarterbacks are subject to the rules that govern the specific definition of the term, "inactive third quarterback." The term applies only to a quarterback a team wishes to designate as such for the purpose of having him not count against the team's 45-man active roster that day. It's an advantage the rules are offering, but if you choose to use it, you must also abide by the rules that go with using it. Those rules stipulate that if the "third quarterback" enters the game before the fourth quarter, the team's other two designated quarterbacks may not enter or re-enter the game. All of the quarterbacks may play if the inactive third quarterback initially enters the game in the fourth quarter or overtime period.

Desert Sapper
9/5/2006, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking we should do this with Manuel Johnson. By the accounts of people that have seen him play and/or followed his astronomical run/pass stats in HS, he might not be a bad 'emergency 3rd QB'. This way we can keep Bradford in the 'strictly redshirt' mode.

Paperclip
9/5/2006, 11:18 PM
I'm thinking we should do this with Manuel Johnson. By the accounts of people that have seen him play and/or followed his astronomical run/pass stats in HS, he might not be a bad 'emergency 3rd QB'. This way we can keep Bradford in the 'strictly redshirt' mode.

Well, there's still McEachern. He's holding on PATs and FGs.