PDA

View Full Version : Further Evidence the Pac-10 is a joke

BermudaSooner
9/5/2006, 08:47 AM
"We've never seen anything like that. That's a pretty impressive atmosphere, there's no doubt about it," Cal coach Jeff Tedford said. "The environment they create gives Tennessee a real home field advantage."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262452633

fadada1
9/5/2006, 09:01 AM
well, 110,000 hillbillies - sporting 4 last names - is a very intimidating atmosphere indeed.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 09:13 AM
Dude have you ever been to a packed , umm, whatever their stadium is called? Name is escaping me. Impressive is an understatement.

edit: Neyland! For some reason I was thinking 'wantland' .. heh that's UCO's stadium

nobody in the big 12 has a gameday atmosphere that even comes close.

fadada1
9/5/2006, 09:21 AM
Dude have you ever been to a packed , umm, whatever their stadium is called? Name is escaping me. Impressive is an understatement.

edit: Neyland! For some reason I was thinking 'wantland' .. heh that's UCO's stadium

nobody in the big 12 has a gameday atmosphere that even comes close.
no, but i've been in the swamp for UF/fsu and tennessee, happy valley for several big games, OU/texas (enough said), arizona/asu. sorry, but NOTHING can top OU/texas. the swamp campared to OU/tx??????? i fart in your general direction...

Sooner-by-Marriage
9/5/2006, 09:23 AM
Autzen Stadium in Eugene has a reputation for being pretty loud. It's small, but loud.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 09:28 AM
no, but i've been in the swamp for UF/fsu and tennessee, happy valley for several big games, OU/texas (enough said), arizona/asu. sorry, but NOTHING can top OU/texas. the swamp campared to OU/tx??????? i fart in your general direction...

Fart in your own direction. I never compared Florida's stadium to OU/TX.

Atmosphere & intimidation are 2 different things, agree? Nothing tops the atmosphere of OU/TX but no Big 12 team can approach Tennessee's homefield advantage thing they got going on.

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2006, 09:37 AM
well, 110,000 hillbillies - sporting 4 last names - and 20 teeth for the entire crowd... is a very intimidating atmosphere indeed.

there.. much more accurate now.

fadada1
9/5/2006, 09:39 AM
Fart in your own direction. I never compared Florida's stadium to OU/TX.

Atmosphere & intimidation are 2 different things, agree? Nothing tops the atmosphere of OU/TX but no Big 12 team can approach Tennessee's homefield advantage thing they got going on.
there's no fun in that!!!!:D

i don't know, OU home field advantage has been pretty substantial during the stoops years. pretty much any big time program projects has an intimidation factor at home. i can't believe that tennesee's is any more impressive than UF, PSU, michigan, alabama, etc...

handcrafted
9/5/2006, 09:44 AM

Pot. Kettle. Black.

snp
9/5/2006, 09:49 AM
After a Big 12 team got beat by a 1-AA team, I think we should hold off on calling other conferences jokes...

GDC
9/5/2006, 09:52 AM
I've been to that stadium, it is impressive.

Quack 10
9/5/2006, 09:57 AM
Maybe y'all better play two more games before you determine just how pathetic the Pac-10 is.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 10:06 AM
there's no fun in that!!!!:D

i don't know, OU home field advantage has been pretty substantial during the stoops years. pretty much any big time program projects has an intimidation factor at home. i can't believe that tennesee's is any more impressive than UF, PSU, michigan, alabama, etc...

Maybe not, but none of those teams you mentioned are in the Big 12. That's the only point I was trying to make. Neyland is HUGE, loud, and the way it's constructed (much like OU's stadium) the fans are much more "on top" of the field than most stadiums it's size. On sheer loudness & numbers, it beats any B12 stadium. Which of course trumps anything the Pac 10 has to offer.

picasso
9/5/2006, 10:20 AM
Maybe y'all better play two more games before you determine just how pathetic the Pac-10 is.
we've been playing games for over a century now.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 10:21 AM

Lid, now I understand why you all are called tea sippers...

3rd quarter, watching the game, many an empty seat and little crowd interaction...I guess everyone went to the tents for adult beverages...

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 10:35 AM

Our games against Middle Tennessee State and Texas will not alter my view that the PAC 10 is not as good as the Big Twelve.

And neither will our games against UDub or The Quack Attack, regardless of the outcomes.

Top to bottom, our teams would beat your teams. Even if UO beats OU, I honestly believe overall our conference is tougher.

Even if we do have Colorado in our conference. :D

Luthor
9/5/2006, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry but there is simply no intimidation like playing aggy in The Tackle Box in Poochville. No wait, aggy doesn't play so good at home. Never mind.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry but there is simply no intimidation like playing aggy in The Tackle Box in Poochville. No wait, aggy doesn't play so good at home. Never mind.

they have a big stadium, but lose all intimidation factor when they roll out the Good Humor Ice Cream Guys :D

PDXsooner
9/5/2006, 11:07 AM
there's nothing in the big 12 that compares to tennessee.

tbl
9/5/2006, 11:09 AM
While the team on the field are still Aggies, I'd say Kyle field would be close to TN.

XingTheRubicon
9/5/2006, 12:08 PM
Kyle Field is easily comparable to Neyland.

jackietreehorn
9/5/2006, 12:27 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7316/deliveranceguitarkg9.jpg

are you guys kidding? this kid scares the **** out of me!

BermudaSooner
9/5/2006, 02:13 PM

You miss the point. The fact that a Pac-10 team has "never seen anything like the atmosphere" at Tenn is telling. It says nothing about the teams, but rather the lack of support and atmosphere in the Pac-10. How often did ESPN's greatest team of all time even sell out their stadium in the 2nd largest city in the US of A?

VolinArizona
9/5/2006, 02:44 PM
While the team on the field are still Aggies, I'd say Kyle field would be close to TN.

And you'd be wrong.

VolinArizona
9/5/2006, 02:45 PM

If by easily comparable, you mean one is huge and the other is big, sure. That's all though.

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2006, 02:46 PM

You mean in terms of both stadia are filled (well, not all the way filled in aggsys' case) with toothless, shoeless, undereducated, ill-bred, unwashed bumpkins whose main entertainment consists of sexual acts barred in 49 of 50 states (God love Arkansas) with first degree relatives or our furry friends?

VolinArizona
9/5/2006, 02:49 PM
You mean in terms of both stadia are filled (well, not all the way filled in aggsys' case) with toothless, shoeless, undereducated, ill-bred, unwashed bumpkins whose main entertainment consists of sexual acts barred in 49 of 50 states (God love Arkansas) with first degree relatives or our furry friends?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, and there aren't people like that tucked away in Texas?!

You SHOULD be banned, but I have no say.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 02:50 PM
After a Big 12 team got beat by a 1-AA team, I think we should hold off on calling other conferences jokes...
the north is a joke. as far as i'm concerned that's not our conference, the big XII south is

XingTheRubicon
9/5/2006, 03:32 PM
I've been to both. UT v BAMA and ATM v OU

I've always for some reason been more of a Vol fan than hater over the years and ATM, well they can just suck it. However, pushing all personal bias aside, ATM, is a unique event. Tenn and ATM each leave you with a "holy crap, that was amazing" effect....and if I had to give an edge to one it would be a slight edge to ATM.

Vol in AZ, you've never been to Collie, right? Yeah, you can go ahead and shut it right about now.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 03:40 PM
you went to Bama didn't you, Rube?

I thought Bryant-Denny was a great atmosphere...how did it compare to Neyland?

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2006, 03:46 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiight, and there aren't people like that tucked away in Texas?!

You SHOULD be banned, but I have no say.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

The term of art on here is baned.

Of course we have people like that here in Texas. They are called aggy. (see, previous post.)

And actually, the Knoxville Flotilla is pretty cool.

By the way.. to survive on here... get a thicker skin and start flinging it around more.

XingTheRubicon
9/5/2006, 04:00 PM

Yeah, I went to T-town in '03. While the BAMA people were so nice and hospitable (this point can't be emphasized enough) the gameday atmosphere and crowd participation/noise and pre-game rituals......I'd have to say not even freaking close to ATM and Neyland. Just my opinion.

Once again, I have never felt more welcome in my entire life while visiting another state.(BAMA) I felt like Big Daddy in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

GDC
9/5/2006, 05:26 PM
I just read a Harris poll that placed Texas as being the 43rd worst state for legal representation.

Quack 10
9/5/2006, 05:44 PM
You miss the point

Actually, no, but I think Tedford was pulling a little "Lou Holtz" out of his pocket. I wouldn't necessarily consider his remarks literal; he had just gotten his azz kicked.

You missed my point, which is that you haven't visited Autzen yet, and Tedford's quote does nothing to diminish the atmosphere at Autzen, which though not as large, is every bit as raucous as Neyland. Check-out how many times Tedford has won there.

Yes, the Pac-10 has several lame crowds, and several small stadiums. I'm not lumping you in with Colorado, so don't lump us in with Stanford and UW.

As far as the Big XII being vastly superior to the Pac-10, when did it admit Tennessee?

huskylawyer
9/5/2006, 05:54 PM
You miss the point. The fact that a Pac-10 team has "never seen anything like the atmosphere" at Tenn is telling. It says nothing about the teams, but rather the lack of support and atmosphere in the Pac-10. How often did ESPN's greatest team of all time even sell out their stadium in the 2nd largest city in the US of A?

First, Tedford is a relatively young coach and hasn't been around the block. He hasn't really dealt with my huskies when we were good.

Neyland is definitely one of the great venues in terms of intimidation, but some Pac-10 teams have great venues and have traveled to intimidating locales. Not to long ago (when I used to be happy LOL), Husky Stadium was routinely called the loudest and toughest place to play. We are having a tough times now, but from 1980-2000 Husky Stadium was as intimidating as it gets (ask Nebraska, Miami (which we beat when they had dorsey, portis, davenport, moss, etc.), and all the Pac-10 teams we used to pound). Dorsey said it was the loudest and most intimidating stadium he has ever been too. Also, as you will see, Oregon's stadium is pretty dang crazy. It is small, but it is loud as any stadium you will ever go to. FYI - bring non-oklahoma fan clothes during the Eugene trip. They have a soccor hooligan type culture down in Eugene, and some of the fans have no class. I love my dawgs, but I don't like to get into non-stop fights, so I wear my purple INSIDE the stadium when I'm surrounded by other dawgs, not outside the stadium. If you wear your Oklahoma gear in Eugene, ROLL DEEP, as people will try to punk you.

I'm looking forward to coming to Norman this weekend. I love tradition!! See you folks soon :)

Octavian
9/5/2006, 06:05 PM
If you wear your Oklahoma gear in Eugene, ROLL DEEP, as people will try to punk you.

We always do. ;)

And the UO fans have been cool to us the last two seasons.

It's a lot different between conference opponents and OOC fans.

I'm looking forward to coming to Norman this weekend. I love tradition!! See you folks soon :)

Norman gamedays are great....hope you like it.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 06:06 PM
Once again, I have never felt more welcome in my entire life while visiting another state.(BAMA)

me too.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 06:11 PM
I'm not lumping you in with Colorado, so don't lump us in with Stanford and UW.

Actually, Colorado's fanbase sucks. When their team is good, their crowd is really rowdy and Folsom Field is a very tough place to escape w/ a win.

Nebraska and Oklahoma can attest to that.

When they're not good, you'd think they were a WAC school...unless one of the Big Reds is in town (particulary Nebraska).

Our bottom-feeder venues are Iowa St., Kansas, and Baylor.

Wishboned
9/5/2006, 06:46 PM
First, Tedford is a relatively young coach and hasn't been around the block. He hasn't really dealt with my huskies when we were good.

With the exception of Joe Paterno and maybe Bobby Bowden I don't think there are any current coaches who are that old.

picasso
9/5/2006, 09:06 PM

http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com/gallery_photos/k0654.jpg
dude, it's "Bryan Dennehy.":rolleyes:

Octavian
9/5/2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com/gallery_photos/k0654.jpg
dude, it's "Bryan Dennehy.":rolleyes:

that should be your avatar. ;)

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 11:05 PM
well, 110,000 hillbillies - sporting 4 last names - is a very intimidating atmosphere indeed.

So how many Jim Bob Cooters are out there?

I guess we have nowhere to talk with Joe John.

Partial Qualifier
9/6/2006, 08:24 AM
I guess we have nowhere to talk with Joe John.

He may be a hillbilly, but he's our hillbilly :D

stoopified
9/6/2006, 09:31 AM
Cain't we'all just git along?