PDA

View Full Version : AD is like novacaine

The Preach Man
9/4/2006, 11:18 PM
I was watching "Remember the Titans" this weekend and coach boon made a comment that his veer offense was "like novacaine, just give it time and it works". I was watching the big TD reception for AD from UAB and thought of him being just like novacaine. How many times have we seen him with not many yards in the first half and then he just explodes in the second.

ISNT IT GREAT TO HAVE THE CHOSEN ONE IN A SOONER UNIFORM!!!???

Eddie Money
9/4/2006, 11:54 PM
I was watching "Remember the Titans" this weekend and coach boon made a comment that his veer offense was "like novacaine, just give it time and it works". I was watching the big TD reception for AD from UAB and thought of him being just like novacaine. How many times have we seen him with not many yards in the first half and then he just explodes in the second.

ISNT IT GREAT TO HAVE THE CHOSEN ONE IN A SOONER UNIFORM!!!???

You're right - that is fairly common with AD, and I was definitely thinking that last game. I am not sure if that is him, if it is defenses getting tired from focusing all their efforts on stopping him, or a combination of both, but it is always a beautiful thing to witness.

47straight
9/5/2006, 12:15 AM
That seems to be his MO. I dont know if it is always the coaches seeing the adjustments (like against uab) or if the defense gets more tired while he doesn't.

Almost all of his great runs in his career have been 2nd half runs.