PDA

View Full Version : Coverage Map??

sooner518
9/4/2006, 11:07 PM
Anyone know where I can find the ABC coverage map for the game this weekend?

I'm in Denver and assuming that I will get to watch, but I'd like to know for sure. The ABC sports website isnt much help.
Thanks

Pepper
9/4/2006, 11:54 PM
They used to have the maps on abcsports.com, but not anymore. It looks like the 3 games they could show are
Clemson at Boston College
Iowa at Syracuse
Washington at Oklahoma

I think it's most likely they will carry the OU game in Denver. What you can do is write your ABC affilliate and complain until they switch to the OU viewing area :)

tigepilot
9/5/2006, 12:25 AM
I'd like to see a coverage map... they seem to be really hard to find but every once in a while I find one, sometimes from this forum.

If I knew I would be at home I'd just look it up on my digital cable guide or on some online tv listing. However, my on-call job status has me on the road on short notice and it'd be nice to have a coverage map available that I can take with me. I'd like to know if I need to find a good sports bar or if I can just go to a hotel when it gets close to game time.

olevetonahill
9/5/2006, 12:54 AM
http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/football2006.html
Paste it in if you have to the map snot up yet but should be in a few

Widescreen
9/5/2006, 11:23 AM
Woohoo! The game's going to be in HD!

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2006, 03:07 PM
http://admin.xosn.com//pdf6/42568.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=300

fadada1
9/6/2006, 03:14 PM
fantastic!!!

the philly market will be battling between the BC game, and the all important syracuse game. at least i'll see PSU/nd.

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 03:15 PM
Also, can anyone tell me where I can find a Boomer Sooner ringtone? TIA.

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 03:16 PM
Oh, and why the heck is Adrian Peterson called "AD?" Shouldn't it be "AP?"

hybridworks
9/6/2006, 04:16 PM
Please read the following:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?faq=soonerfans_faq#faq_ad_vs_ap

colleyvillesooner
9/6/2006, 04:17 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!!1!

birddog
9/6/2006, 04:19 PM
Please read the following:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?faq=soonerfans_faq#faq_ad_vs_ap
he's a n00b. inside jokes aren't yet known to him. go easy.

1stTimeCaller
9/6/2006, 04:19 PM
that never gets old :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 06:02 PM
he's a n00b. inside jokes aren't yet known to him. go easy.
That's why it's funny. Are you new? ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/6/2006, 06:03 PM
:les: KILLTHZn00bS PLZKTHNX!!!

BigRedJed
9/6/2006, 06:04 PM
Would you and bri stop picking on Dad? TIA.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/6/2006, 06:06 PM
:les: n00bS GOTTA LEARN!!!

Soonerpsycho
9/6/2006, 06:24 PM
http://img8.imagepile.net/img8/24253541.jpg

tigepilot
9/6/2006, 06:28 PM
Damb! There's a good chance I'll be in Knoxville, TN this weekend. Guess if I am I'll have to find a bar that'll show it.

Earickson
9/6/2006, 06:46 PM
What? Pilot...........bar................hmmm.

Nope.

tigepilot
9/6/2006, 06:53 PM
Actually, I'm supposed to be here in Knoxville to pick up the airplane from maintenance. I get here and they tell me that not only are they not quite done but that they may not be done before the weekend, so... if I'm here, I won't have an airplane to fly anyway. Nothing to do but see some football. If it has to be at a bar... it will be at a bar!

soonercody
9/6/2006, 06:55 PM
Plenty-a-good bars in Knoxville.

Miko
9/6/2006, 07:11 PM
What? Pilot...........bar................hmmm.

Nope.

Yeah, when I was in the inflight dept. I could never remember. Is it you can't drink 8 hours before the flight, or within 8 feet of the aircraft ? :cool:

Scott D
9/6/2006, 08:11 PM
http://img8.imagepile.net/img8/24253541.jpg

that map lies....I guarantee you that in Michigan I'll get either the Michigan or Michigan State game if it's on.

ouwasp
9/7/2006, 12:02 AM
just daydreaming...

wonder what it would be like to be lounging in Hawaii and able to watch an Oklahoma game...:)

Scott D
9/7/2006, 11:40 AM
just daydreaming...

wonder what it would be like to be lounging in Hawaii and able to watch an Oklahoma game...:)

it would suck...having to be up at 6am and such.

Ike
9/7/2006, 12:09 PM
not that I'm surprised....but

BURGLEFRICKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naturally, I once again must trek to my favorite sports bar to watch the game.

f'in big 10.

landrun
9/7/2006, 12:34 PM
Also, can anyone tell me where I can find a Boomer Sooner ringtone? TIA.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!!1!

This board has the most childish members of any OU forum. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
9/7/2006, 12:40 PM
And you're now a member!!!

Good going, you!

landrun
9/7/2006, 01:14 PM
Yes. I'm a member now.
After browsing this forum and never registering for years, I decided to register.

FormerSoonerProf
9/7/2006, 03:45 PM
looks like I will see BC and Clemson in the Philly market instead of the beloved Sooners! DAMNNNNNNN
Got to find out which bar is showing the OU game....

BigRedJed
9/7/2006, 05:11 PM
Hey! Great first post! Welcome aboard!

birddog
9/8/2006, 12:56 AM
what?... is this a no-fun zone or somethin'?

KingDavid
9/8/2006, 01:51 AM
just daydreaming...

It's pretty damn sweet. I was in Kauai last week taking in the OU-UAB game. I'm just glad in wasn't an 11:30 kick-off or I would have had to get out of bed at 6am - we were five hours behind out there.

The down-side to watching the game in Kauai is the look you get from your wife when you tell her that she'll have to do the hike to the waterfalls on her own . . .

Waterfall schmaterfall.

BOOMER!

Readyfor8
9/8/2006, 02:36 AM
It's pretty damn sweet. I was in Kauai last week taking in the OU-UAB game. I'm just glad in wasn't an 11:30 kick-off or I would have had to get out of bed at 6am - we were five hours behind out there.

The down-side to watching the game in Kauai is the look you get from your wife when you tell her that she'll have to do the hike to the waterfalls on her own . . .

Waterfall schmaterfall.

BOOMER!

SOONER!!!

Never leave a boomer hanging. :D

And btw that sounds like a tough life :rolleyes:

KingDavid
9/8/2006, 09:27 AM
SOONER!!!

Never leave a boomer hanging. :D

And btw that sounds like a tough life :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining . . . :)

tigepilot
9/9/2006, 06:37 PM
This is why watching a football game at a sports bar is always my last resort:

First off, on this paid for football game (the sports bar certainly had to by it, probably by package and I was paying for it by buying food and drinks from the restaurant) the network was showing another game delayed by rain so I missed almost the entire first quarter. They had another TV showing the ND game so loud the whole time my hears are still ringing and I couldn't here a think on the TV I was watching even though there was only one person watching the ND game and there were three watching the OU game. Every time I wanted a refill I had to leave the game to go and find the damb waitress. The guy next to me smoked the whole time so I now smell like smoke too. And to top it off... I missed the end of the game after the onside kick because an employee came and turned the TV over to the Tennessee game that was about to come on even though every other TV in the place was already on it. When I tried to get him to turn it back for the last few minutes he ignored me entirely.

Now that I've had my vent it's time to go and find out what the final score was.

Ike
9/9/2006, 06:52 PM
We went to our normal bar to watch the game. They told us that they couldn't get the OU game for some reason, even though they have gameplan. They probably just meant that we'd miss the first quarter cause of the michigan game...

well, we didn't wait to ask questions. we went home and paid for gameplan on the innerweb. Picture wasn't great, and we did miss the first quarter due to michigan, but I still got to watch the game. So its OK....but I will be complaining to ESPN about their poor use of technology and their inability to bring us the game we paid for for the first quarter. I may even demand a quarter of my money back.

This is why watching a football game at a sports bar is always my last resort:

First off, on this paid for football game (the sports bar certainly had to by it, probably by package and I was paying for it by buying food and drinks from the restaurant) the network was showing another game delayed by rain so I missed almost the entire first quarter. They had another TV showing the ND game so loud the whole time my hears are still ringing and I couldn't here a think on the TV I was watching even though there was only one person watching the ND game and there were three watching the OU game. Every time I wanted a refill I had to leave the game to go and find the damb waitress. The guy next to me smoked the whole time so I now smell like smoke too. And to top it off... I missed the end of the game after the onside kick because an employee came and turned the TV over to the Tennessee game that was about to come on even though every other TV in the place was already on it. When I tried to get him to turn it back for the last few minutes he ignored me entirely.

Now that I've had my vent it's time to go and find out what the final score was.

tigepilot
9/9/2006, 07:02 PM
I know if I had ordered the game off of my system that said Oklahoma vs Washington and I only got 3/4 of it... I would ask for some compensation. That's pathetic.

I called my wife at home in Abilene and she said they were showing the first quarter there and that wasn't even pay per view.