9/4/2006, 10:36 PM
that's Arrested Development :P

they are playing the pilot now, commercial free

Blue
9/4/2006, 10:38 PM
What's G4?

GottaHavePride
9/4/2006, 10:39 PM
It's the tecnho-geek channel on digital cable. ;)

skycat
9/4/2006, 11:23 PM
I just got done watching disc 1 of season 2.

I can't believe that show got canceled.

yermom
9/5/2006, 02:16 AM
the show got cancelled because people are idiots and would rather watch American Idol

tbl
9/5/2006, 07:54 AM
You can't blame Idol, b/c they're on the same network... but I get what you're saying.

I'm getting season 3 sometime this week. I have most of it DVR'd, but it'll be nice to get the DVD's. It's one of the funniest shows to ever be on TV, but I guess some people just don't get it (morans).

sanantoniosooner
9/5/2006, 07:56 AM
Some of us are way to busy doing something serious on the internet to worry about trivial programs.

Hatfield
9/5/2006, 08:37 AM
You can't blame Idol, b/c they're on the same network... but I get what you're saying.

I'm getting season 3 sometime this week. I have most of it DVR'd, but it'll be nice to get the DVD's. It's one of the funniest shows to ever be on TV, but I guess some people just don't get it (morans).

i heard season 3 is only 10.00 at costco if those are in your area.

crawfish
9/5/2006, 08:51 AM
Shouldn't that be AP?

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 10:57 AM
I just got done watching disc 1 of season 2.

I can't believe that show got canceled.

The structure of the show was such that there was no possible way for it to succeed.

Continuity was extremely important-so many jokes were built on throwaway lines in other episodes and some jokes weren't apparent until two or three episodes later.

Rewatch the first couple of Charlize Theron episodes knowing what you know about her character now and they're hilarious.

While it made for extremely enjoyable watching for those who watched the show religiously, anyone just getting in to the show in the middle was just lost.

tbl
9/5/2006, 12:02 PM
That's what is so nice about the DVD's. I tried to get as many people in as possible, but it was all futile.

As long as the Office stays on, I'll be happy. Though I'm not sure how they're going to continue on now that Jim has let the cat out of the bag. On the original BBC version, that was the end (with the exception of the Christmas special).

Norm In Norman
9/5/2006, 12:22 PM
They are going to start showing AD on HDNet pretty soon too. Same with enterprise. I can't wait.

Norm In Norman
9/5/2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.hd.net/arresteddev_promo.html

tbl
9/5/2006, 12:31 PM
What is HD Net? I can't find it anywhere...

Widescreen
9/5/2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/arresteddevelopment/index.html

^^^^^^^^^
For non-HD viewing. For those of you who didn't catch the show in it's run, take advantage of this opportunity to get immersed early. This show is awesome. Man, I wish I could still get Dish's HD pack so I could catch it in HD. :(

skycat
9/5/2006, 01:41 PM
The structure of the show was such that there was no possible way for it to succeed.

Continuity was extremely important-so many jokes were built on throwaway lines in other episodes and some jokes weren't apparent until two or three episodes later.

Rewatch the first couple of Charlize Theron episodes knowing what you know about her character now and they're hilarious.

While it made for extremely enjoyable watching for those who watched the show religiously, anyone just getting in to the show in the middle was just lost.

I didn't start watching from the beginning. I started sometime in season 2. It was still funny. There are plenty of highly successful dramas that are heavily serialized.

No, the only reason that it failed is that people are idiots.

SoonerAtKU
9/5/2006, 06:06 PM
Plus, Fox would pre-empt the show for the worst reasons. A show in the first season that needs ratings help can't survive being blown off for extended dog show coverage or whatever boring awards show Fox blew millions to buy this year.

Norm In Norman
9/5/2006, 09:44 PM
What is HD Net? I can't find it anywhere...
It's an HD channel that is on Dish and DirecTV.

skycat
9/5/2006, 09:57 PM
And Time Warner Cable.

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2006, 10:44 PM
It's an HD channel that is on Dish and DirecTV.

And GCI cable.

WOO! We don't get ABC or CBS in high definition, but we sure as **** get HDNet and UHD!

tbl
9/5/2006, 10:47 PM
No, the only reason that it failed is that people are idiots.
That's long been my theory...