PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Colt McCoy's mediocrity will be revealed against the Buckeyes...

Soonerus
9/4/2006, 09:18 PM
yes, IMO

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:20 PM
yes

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 09:20 PM
Colt who ???
this one.

Soonerus
9/4/2006, 09:21 PM
took me a little to set it up...

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 09:21 PM
I bet he doesn't even finish the game.

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:23 PM
yea, i wanna see some broken legs:D

Soonerus
9/4/2006, 09:23 PM

thereby creating a QB controvery...

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:25 PM
thereby creating a QB controvery...
what a concept. i think i just had some flashbacks of vince young and chance mock rotating, and i think i kinda like it:D

OklahomaTuba
9/4/2006, 09:26 PM
tOSU is going to kick their cow asses all over the field Sat.

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:29 PM
tOSU is going to kick their cow asses all over the field Sat.
those little whorn babies are gonna be crying when vince isn't there to save them this year:D Hook 'em

Frozen Sooner
9/4/2006, 09:31 PM
Yeesh. I thought he looked pretty good against the Mean Green.

badger
9/4/2006, 09:31 PM
the problem I had with Colt was not the fact that he's a whorn (and it is not Tuesday, so I can still say that word).

He threw his passes into some coverage and he threw them kind of slow, so they are the type that are easy to pick off against a good secondary.

(p)UNT had no secondary, which is why Colt is receiving praise this week. Next week, the gameday crew will praise the texans' new "golden boy" once again, but I see several INT's in his OSU/ut future.

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:32 PM
i could've looked good against the un-mean green

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 09:32 PM
Go get some koolaid.

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:33 PM
the problem I had with Colt was not the fact that he's a whorn (and it is not Tuesday, so I can still say that word).

He threw his passes into some coverage and he threw them kind of slow, so they are the type that are easy to pick off against a good secondary.

(p)UNT had no secondary, which is why Colt is receiving praise this week. Next week, the gameday crew will praise the texans' new "golden boy" once again, but I see several INT's in his OSU/ut future.
(p)UNT. now that's funny stuff:D

Soonerus
9/4/2006, 09:34 PM

12 completions for 170 yards, not that impressive....about 90 yards are YAC yards...

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 09:36 PM
12 completions for 170 yards, not that impressive....about 90 yards are YAC yards...
p.t. did better

Frozen Sooner
9/4/2006, 09:41 PM
You guys are killing me.

Don't get me wrong-I'm extremely happy with the effort that PT put out on Saturday and how well he went through his progressions. I'm also relatively sure that the UAB secondary is better than the UNT secondary. That being said:

12 completions for 170 yards on only 19 tosses is pretty damn good numbers. It's over 60% on completions and it was good for a 193+ QB rating.

If we're going to say that a lot of Colt's yards were on YAC, we should probably mention that PT got 69 yards and a TD out of a play that was completely YAC.

Do I think Ohio State will slap him around a bit? Hopefully they will. I was just commenting on the "Mediocrity revealed against UNT" choice.

Soonerus
9/4/2006, 09:47 PM
You guys are killing me.

Don't get me wrong-I'm extremely happy with the effort that PT put out on Saturday and how well he went through his progressions. I'm also relatively sure that the UAB secondary is better than the UNT secondary. That being said:

12 completions for 170 yards on only 19 tosses is pretty damn good numbers. It's over 60% on completions and it was good for a 193+ QB rating.

If we're going to say that a lot of Colt's yards were on YAC, we should probably mention that PT got 69 yards and a TD out of a play that was completely YAC.

Do I think Ohio State will slap him around a bit? Hopefully they will. I was just commenting on the "Mediocrity revealed against UNT" choice.

We can discuss again next Saturday night...

badger
9/4/2006, 09:49 PM
i admit, i chose the unt choice...but already explained why. a better secondary would have had fun catching his passes last saturday.

sooneron
9/4/2006, 09:54 PM
I don't think so. I think he'll have a better than mediocre game. Not miles better, but better.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, in a giddy sorta way.

Frozen Sooner
9/4/2006, 09:56 PM
McCoy has a rather large advantage that our QBs didn't enjoy last year-experienced receivers and a deep, disciplined OL.

I'll go out on a limb right now and say his numbers this year will be much better than Botard's last year.

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 09:57 PM
You should have made all votes public in this poll.

sooneron
9/4/2006, 09:59 PM
yea, i wanna see some broken legs:D
Tell me you're joking. It was bad enough when the whorns were revelling in White's knee injuries. I don't want OUr fanbase at the at level.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 09:59 PM
You should have made all votes public in this poll.
why......to bash the people that don't take the popular vote?

I took "Colt who" because it just doesn't matter to me.

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 10:04 PM
why......to bash the people that don't take the popular vote?

no...to keep it real.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 10:10 PM
I think this type of voting keeps it more real when you can vote without worrying that the masses will jump you for having a different opinion.

Of course, I don't mind people knowing I have a different opinion :D

badger
9/4/2006, 10:35 PM
http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/mccoy_colt_175.jpg

with a name like COLT, you know he has to be...um... whorn.

sooneron
9/4/2006, 10:35 PM
I thought Colt was awesome on the Fall Guy.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 10:53 PM
Colt is just a young stud.

MiccoMacey
9/4/2006, 11:39 PM
Texas has a better overall team, but I think tOSU's offense is "more" better than the Texas defense compared to the Texas offense against the tOSU defense.

If that makes any sense. I'll try it this way:

The delta between tOSU's offense and Texas' defense > the delta between Texas' offense and tOSU's defense.

Botom line: tOSU will win.

Statalyzer
9/5/2006, 12:36 AM
It was bad enough when the whorns were revelling in White's knee injuries

Who were they? Nobody I knew was revelling in his injuries.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 12:39 AM
http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/mccoy_colt_175.jpg

with a name like COLT, you know he has to be...um... whorn.
just another face that only a momma could love:(

mojohornfan
9/5/2006, 12:41 AM
Who were they? Nobody I knew was revelling in his injuries.

I have come to the realization that people make $hit up on this board even when they know it's bull$hit! Funny thing is, everyone drinks the kool aid and piles on!

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 12:54 AM
I have come to the realization that people make $hit up on this board even when they know it's bull$hit! Funny thing is, everyone drinks the kool aid and piles on!
damn, pile on. kinda like your momma last night

Readyfor8
9/5/2006, 02:02 AM

I guess you don't read Hornfans.com? Because if I kept 4 year old logs of opposing teams forums I would be able to show you what some of the posters there said after Neb 2001.

You could probably read alot from about a month ago right now. You know when we lost 2 players before the season starts? Or when Dusty was suspended in 2004. Should I name more?

Ash
9/5/2006, 05:56 AM

Aren't you and fertalyzer baned already?!?

In all seriousness, don't you guys have whorn friends you can't talk sh** to?

Shouldn't you be worried about the recent epidemic of gun and drug busts that are depleting your depth charts?

Hook 'em :mack:

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/5/2006, 06:11 AM

he did, but the mean green had NO pass rush. NONE. at all.

it's going to be a bit different against toSu.

Statalyzer
9/5/2006, 08:12 AM
Or when Dusty was suspended in 2004. Should I name more?

That's not a comparable situation. Dusty was suspended for injuring someone else, not for getting injured.

In all seriousness, don't you guys have whorn friends you can't talk sh** to?

You are the one trying to talk ****, I'm not.

Ash
9/5/2006, 08:15 AM
That's not a comparable situation. Dusty was suspended for injuring someone else, not for getting injured.

You are the one trying to talk ****, I'm not.

Since you keep posting here, guess the answer to my question is: no, you don't have friends. Big surprise.:rolleyes:

GDC
9/5/2006, 10:50 AM
Hey, quit bumping this thread, it's N:texan:T!!!

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 10:50 AM
NLT.

Sooners78
9/5/2006, 11:25 AM
I didn't get to see the game because I was on the road, but looking at the highlights, NT defenders were extremely slow.

SoonerinBoulder
9/5/2006, 12:08 PM
Absolutely

GDC
9/5/2006, 12:36 PM
Quit fagging up the board on N:texan:T.:mad:

r5TPsooner
9/5/2006, 01:02 PM
We shall see and I hope it is.

GDC
9/5/2006, 01:11 PM
Actually, we're getting close enough to October there probably shouldn't be any N:texan:T's for a while.

Snrfn4ever08
9/5/2006, 02:52 PM
Actually, we're getting close enough to October there probably shouldn't be any N:texan:T's for a while.
wow, i never thought i'd hear that coming from you. why the change of heart? just feeling generous today?

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:57 PM

Wrong.