PDA

View Full Version : AD's 69 yard TD!

booomer
9/4/2006, 08:50 PM
**Video is best viewed with the smaller viewer**

Touchdown! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOj9YvRnm90)

OUGreg723
9/4/2006, 08:56 PM
Cool, thanks!

soonerthanu
9/4/2006, 09:01 PM
Damn that had to hurt

FlatheadSooner
9/4/2006, 09:38 PM
Awesome! I rewatched most of the game today and I feel even better about OUr team's future. As long as they can correct the fumbles and tackling, we've got a good chance this season.

You sure can tell Joe Jon has put on some extra pounds.

msteudem
9/4/2006, 10:58 PM
One of the things that makes this a great play is that not only do we take the lead back, AD looks awesome, and JJ gets an awesome block but that Paul went through three reads before going to AD. AD was the 4rth read. Good qb play and oline play on the td play. I can't wait until Saturday.

noobalicious
9/4/2006, 11:07 PM
One of the things that makes this a great play is that not only do we take the lead back, AD looks awesome, and JJ gets an awesome block but that Paul went through three reads before going to AD. AD was the 4rth read. Good qb play and oline play on the td play. I can't wait until Saturday.

Totally agree. I was at the game and I noticed that AD was the 4th read too. Very impressive. That block was awesome too...I had a bad angle on it from where I was sitting but man that was sweet to watch back. As the ESPN guys would say..."That guy got JACKED...UP!"

Can't wait till Saturday either to watch them pummel Washington. :P

Doged
9/5/2006, 04:51 AM
As a side note, the other TD pass was the exact same play. JJ was the third read and AD was wide open on that play, too.

Readyfor8
9/5/2006, 05:15 AM
I noticed something on that video I hadn't seen before in others. Watch the Coach standing on the sidelines when JJ puts that hit on him. He's lucky he didn't get called for sideline warning cause after he throws his arms up he races down the field on the stripe following AD.

I thought at the game that AD might have stepped out of bounds but he wasn't close it was the coach that was on the stripe.

Great play by AD, Great Effort by JJ, and Great Poise by PT.

Chuck Bao
9/5/2006, 06:44 AM
Please, sir, can I have some more?

I didn't get to watch the game. So, that was sweet!

Europasooner
9/5/2006, 11:06 AM
Totally agree. I was at the game and I noticed that AD was the 4th read too. :P

Fourth Read, come on. There were two hitches and two seam routes. He was probably the primary read. At best he was the 2nd read, tops. There were only 5 receivers in the route and I can guarantee you that PT did not look at 3 before going to Peterson.

I know you guys want to see things that are not there, but be realistic, at least.

soonernation
9/5/2006, 11:29 AM
Fourth Read, come on. There were two hitches and two seam routes. He was probably the primary read. At best he was the 2nd read, tops. There were only 5 receivers in the route and I can guarantee you that PT did not look at 3 before going to Peterson.

I know you guys want to see things that are not there, but be realistic, at least.

Have you ever said one good thing about the Sooners? I looked up your posts and could not find anything. You don't have to be a sunshine pumper all the time but don't be a negative dickhead either.

OUstudent4life
9/5/2006, 11:38 AM

Actually, I'm pretty sure Stoops said AD was the 4th read, too.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 11:42 AM

I know you guys want to see things that are not there, but be realistic, at least.Did you even watch the vid. You can see paul scan the field before hitting the dump off. We ran the same play for a TD earlier in the game but the pass went to the TE.

sooner94
9/5/2006, 11:46 AM
Well, the coaching staff said it was PT's 4th read. And if you watch the play, you can see PT scan the field for a couple of seconds before throwing to AD. Not sure why anyone would doubt that AD was the 4th progression.

The thing about PT's performance that impressed me the most was how he was seeing all of the routes. A lot of QB's without a lot of game experience tend to lock onto their primary receiver. PT looked pretty relaxed. The accuracy and timing should improve with each game.

jackietreehorn
9/5/2006, 11:50 AM

Europa huh? what kind of name is that? i bet you're french:D ignorant frog fock. you guys not get the stoops show over there in france? as stated above, stoops said it was the fourth read. when paul came off after the play, bob says, " not a bad fourth read paul."

JonnyRed
9/5/2006, 12:13 PM
What a block!

FormerSoonerProf
9/5/2006, 12:19 PM
First, AD looked super fast and dangerous... I was also impressed with JJ. JJ's block was wicked!!! Reckon he will be a top TE pick if he keeps up the receiving and those kinda blocks!

msteudem
9/5/2006, 12:38 PM

You are correct. I went back again and watched the play and AD was the 1st read. Oh, nevermind I was rewinding the game.:rolleyes:

TUSooner
9/5/2006, 01:58 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Stoops said AD was the 4th read, too.
Who ya gonna believe? The all-knowing Europa or the lousy head coach? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sirus
9/8/2006, 12:06 AM
this one is also good:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgLrXWcETb0&mode=related&search=

birddog
9/8/2006, 12:34 AM

why do you post here again? this is a message board for sooners fans and the only message i get from you is that you don't like 'em very much.

Since71ASooner4Life
9/8/2006, 06:20 AM
First, AD looked super fast and dangerous... I was also impressed with JJ. JJ's block was wicked!!! Reckon he will be a top TE pick if he keeps up the receiving and those kinda blocks!

What was also impressive was how fast that last wannabe tackler closed on AD toward the end of that run.. No doubt he ran a shorter total distance than AD, but that sumbitch looked like a heat seeking missle for a minute there