1.Z. Diles Kansas State 1

1.B. Massey Missouri 1

1.T. McKenzie Iowa State 1

1.S. Muhammed Kansas 1

1.B. Ruud Nebraska 1

1.C. Wilson Baylor 1

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 08:24 PM
Who is the leacer in the rushing category?

bah......edit feature foiled again :D

tbl
9/4/2006, 08:28 PM
So PT beat the wonder boy Colt McCoy... I thought AD carried the whole team to a win???:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 08:30 PM
So PT beat the wonder boy Colt McCoy
Did they arm wrestle or something?

BASSooner
9/4/2006, 08:35 PM
Did they arm wrestle or something?
yes and guess who won? The guy that benches 420...

tbl
9/4/2006, 08:39 PM
Name Team Yds Avg TD
Mike Hamilton OKSt 155 9.7 0
Jon Cornish Kan 140 10.8 1
Adrian Peterson Okla 139 5.8 1
Tony Temple Mo 119 7.9 0
Shannon Woods TexT 104 6.9 0
Stevie Hicks IASt 89 3.9 1
Cody Glenn Neb 88 6.8 1
Marlon Lucky Neb 79 6.1 1
Jamaal Charles Tex 77 5.5 1
Bret Meyer IASt 70 3.9 3
Brandon Coleman Mo 62 62 0
Kerry Meier Kan 59 6.6 2
Courtney Lewis TAMU 55 4.2 2

tbl
9/4/2006, 08:41 PM
That looked better when I typed it...

douxpaysan
9/4/2006, 09:33 PM
Could you give the stats for the teams that were playing D-1?:pop:

Salt City Sooner
9/4/2006, 11:30 PM
Just scratch anyone from CU, Mizzou, OSU, KU, KSU, & A&M.

This week, NU & Baylor are playing 1-AA teams.

Statalyzer
9/5/2006, 12:47 AM
So PT beat the wonder boy Colt McCoy...

By throwing 2 more completions on 5 more attempts? Or by throwing 2 more interceptions on 5 more attempts?

We both know that which QB did what against state teachers college means practically nothing.....

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 12:49 AM
We both know that which QB did what against state teachers college means practically nothing.....

Colt gets tested this next week; PT gets tested the week after.

Closer scrutiny can be made then.

Statalyzer
9/5/2006, 12:54 AM
Colt gets tested this next week; PT gets tested the week after.

Closer scrutiny can be made then.

Agreed. Scrutiny will be overdone of course - a QB should never be judged completely on one game. Colt could look bad against the Buckeyes but turn out to be a good QB this season. Ditto for Thompson against the Ducks. Not that Oregon's D is on the level of tOSU, but UO is certainly no pushovers.

Plus, Thompson has to deal with the agony of trying to focus on a WR while having to look at those disgusting yellow fake-metallic uniforms Oregon is wearing.....

Octavian
9/5/2006, 12:56 AM
There are no gimme games for Paul save MTSU. He'll be considered the weak link by every DC we face until he consistently proves otherwise.

But, there aren't too many things I can think of that'd worry me more than facing a Tressel defense w/ a freshman under center....his supporting cast is gonna have to play really well for them to win.

tbl
9/5/2006, 07:35 AM
By throwing 2 more completions on 5 more attempts? Or by throwing 2 more interceptions on 5 more attempts?

My point was that statistically speaking, he did as good if not better than McCoy, yet the media would have us believe CM was almost as good as VY and PT was a non-factor in the win.

The best way to see who's better is October 7, so let's just wait till then. :pop:

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2006, 08:45 AM
My point was that statistically speaking, he did as good if not better than McCoy, yet the media would have us believe CM was almost as good as VY and PT was a non-factor in the win.

The best way to see who's better is October 7, so let's just wait till then. :pop:

Perhaps it's more the media recognizing that without Peterson, you guys may very well have lost to UAB.

Without McCoy, Texas still beats UNT easily.

As for October 7, I was under the impression it was more the better team wins... not the better quarterback. Since quarterbacks do not play against the same defenses, stats can be misleading.

In any event, congrats on the win over UAB.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 10:27 AM
Perhaps it's more the media recognizing that without Peterson, you guys may very well have lost to UAB....

That is pure hogwashery right there. It's as if people believe that only AD can run the ball. We have a slew of backs that can effectively run and catch the ball. Allen Patrick, Jacob Guiterrez, and DeMarco Murray.

What did we do when Peterson went down last year? We won (we would have lost to you guys even if he was healthy so your loss wasn't because of his being MIA). We will win if he goes down again this year.

It's not as if we automatically lose 139 rushing yards. The coaches will put a RB in there and that RB will gain yards. How many...who knows. But even though it may seem as if the drop off to our second string back is huge because we have the number one running back in the land, our number two and three backs would start and/or play for most colleges.

tbl
9/5/2006, 11:06 AM
Murray is a pure stud, and everybody is going to see that next year when AD is gone.

Lid, I agree the teams will prove themselves on 10-7, but it will also truly show which QB has the sand to get it done, though I think both of them will be tested prior to our showdown (you guys this week, us next week).

Good luck next week... you're gonna need it. ;)

TexasLidig8r
9/5/2006, 11:40 AM
That is pure hogwashery right there. It's as if people believe that only AD can run the ball. We have a slew of backs that can effectively run and catch the ball. Allen Patrick, Jacob Guiterrez, and DeMarco Murray.

What did we do when Peterson went down last year? We won (we would have lost to you guys even if he was healthy so your loss wasn't because of his being MIA). We will win if he goes down again this year.

It's not as if we automatically lose 139 rushing yards. The coaches will put a RB in there and that RB will gain yards. How many...who knows. But even though it may seem as if the drop off to our second string back is huge because we have the number one running back in the land, our number two and three backs would start and/or play for most colleges.

Hogwashery? I like that.

Your back up running backs may be good, but.. for the most part, we don't know.. they are relatively untested. For instance, would you have won against Oregon without Peterson?

Different perspective this year than last as well. Oklahoma's offensive line this year has question marks (as last year's did as well), and after week one, they really haven't been answered yet.

I would submit that Peterson is the best college football player this year, not just because of his obvious skills, but because if he goes down, I believe OU's season goes from 10 - 2, 9-3.. to perhaps 7-5. As Peterson goes, so goes OU.

As an aside.. is it true that Peterson was the only running back who got carries in the UAB game? I think I remember reading that and by the time your game was half over, I was more than half impaired from a day of drinking.

RacerX
9/5/2006, 11:54 AM
Patrick and Gute are tested.

They are studs.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 12:05 PM
Only AD played RB. AP and JG never got any PT, although PT and the OL played like MVPs the whole game.

Capish? ;)

tbl
9/5/2006, 12:06 PM
As an aside.. is it true that Peterson was the only running back who got carries in the UAB game? I think I remember reading that and by the time your game was half over, I was more than half impaired from a day of drinking.
Yes, that was the case.

Let's not forget that it's okay to have one talented athlete be the face of the team and be "the reason they are where they are" in the eyes of the media. All you have to do is think back 1 year ago on your beloved fags and there was one fag that rose above the rest.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 12:11 PM
And remind me again...how many games did we win without AD last year? And how many did we lose?

3-1 (counting KSU since he got injured in that game and someone had to pick up his slack).

And I've already admitted we would have lost to you guys whether he played healthy or not.

So minus you guys, we won without him. We have capable back-ups.

The number two running back in the country may be a distant second, but he's still the second best RB in the country.

Same goes for AP. He's our number two back and he's a distant number two to AD, but that doesn't mean he's not a great back.